• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Some Good News

ordigger

DONOR
Win out, and we are still in the playoffs, and on a roll going into them.

Think positive thoughts, think positive thoughts, think positive thoughts, think positive thoughts, think positive thoughts.....think positive......think......

Don't commit about 12 turnovers and we are sitting 7-0. Phucking turnovers are killing our team, it's just that simple. Coach said it best today, we are an avg team. Good teams over come adversity and we can't right now.

grizare#1 said:
Don't commit about 12 turnovers and we are sitting 7-0. Phucking turnovers are killing our team, it's just that simple. Coach said it best today, we are an avg team. Good teams over come adversity and we can't right now.

Disagree. We don't beat UND today even if we don't turn it over. We couldn't get off the field. What were they, 10-15 on third down, some ridiculous number?

EverettGriz said:
grizare#1 said:

Disagree. We don't beat UND today even if we don't turn it over. We couldn't get off the field. What were they, 11-14 on third down, some ridiculous number?

Four early turnovers, 28 points (plus the 7 we DIDN’T score). Defense isn’t gassed if they’re not on the field for 38 minutes.

Different game without the turnovers.

AZGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:
grizare#1 said:

Disagree. We don't beat UND today even if we don't turn it over. We couldn't get off the field. What were they, 11-14 on third down, some ridiculous number?

Four early turnovers, 28 points (plus the 7 we DIDN’T score). Defense isn’t gassed if they’re not on the field for 38 minutes.

Maybe.

But we still couldn't stop their run game. We can argue ifs and buts all day. Bottom line is we couldn't get off the field on third down,and we couldn't convert a third down. That ain't exactly a recipe for a trip to Winnersville.

EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:
grizare#1 said:

Maybe.

But we still couldn't stop their run game. We can argue ifs and buts all day. Bottom line is we couldn't get off the field on third down,and we couldn't convert a third down. That ain't exactly a recipe for a trip to Winnersville.

Two games in a row with 4+ turnovers. Two games in a row where D is on the field 38+ minutes. Two demoralizing losses. I sense a trend.

Oh, don't get me wrong. Turnovers are killing this team. I just think it's a stretch to say we win today without them. I just didn't see anything that would make me believe that. The score would certainly have been different. But I don't believe the outcome would have.

EverettGriz said:
grizare#1 said:

Disagree. We don't beat UND today even if we don't turn it over. We couldn't get off the field. What were they, 10-15 on third down, some ridiculous number?

9-16 and 0-2 on 4th down. So, 9-18. Way too much. I agree. But, can you try to get your stats right. Or, are you not good with numbers?

EverettGriz said:
Oh, don't get me wrong. Turnovers are killing this team. I just think it's a stretch to say we win today without them. I just didn't see anything that would make me believe that. The score would certainly have been different. But I don't believe the outcome would have.

The Griz would have easily won today without turneovers. My god, how dumb are you?

You really don't have a clue about the game of football, do you?

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
grizare#1 said:

9-16 and 0-2 on 4th down. So, 9-18. Way too much. I agree. But, can you try to get your stats right. Or, are you not good with numbers?

Not too shabby for pulling shit outta thin air, huh. The 0-2 on 4th downs is a joke, because that simply saved the final score from being 6 points worse. The end result: couldn't get off the fuckign field. Just as I said.

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
grizare#1 said:

Not too shabby for pulling shit outta thin air, huh. The 0-2 on 4th downs is a joke, because that simply saved the final score from being 6 points worse. The end result: couldn't get off the f***[*] field. Just as I said.

Like I said, you don't have a clue about football, and you are a football idiot.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

Not too shabby for pulling shit outta thin air, huh. The 0-2 on 4th downs is a joke, because that simply saved the final score from being 6 points worse. The end result: couldn't get off the f***[*] field. Just as I said.

Like I said, you don't have a clue about football, and you are a football idiot.

I understand football beginning in about 1970. Which is, what, 66 years after your playing days ended? Get a fucking clue. The game is so far past you it's coming back around.

UND had a great 90 yard drive after the UM football, but other than that their drives where 10, 42, 58, 32 and 61.

It wasn't that the D couldn't get off the field s much as UND had too many short fields.

Please read a football book or article, before you post your dumb stuff.

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I understand football beginning in about 1970. Which is, what, 66 years after your playing days ended? Get a f***[*] clue. The game is so far past you it's coming back around.

You understand absolutely nothing about football, or even the University of Montana. Everyone I know who knows you at UM thinks you are a joke.

I can't think of anything you have ever said about football that is correct.

Stick with lying about having been a nationally ranked tennis player.

Couldn't get off the field. They converted time and time and time and time again. Didn't matter if their drives were 10 yards or 2,010. We couldn't stop them. Period. Why is this a difficult concept?

Look, I understand the D got no help. But the bottom line is turnovers -- while shitty and needed to be addressed by this staff IMMEDIATELY -- didn't necessarily cost the GRIZ this game. You gotta make stops. You gotta get off the field. And conversely, you gotta extend drives. You gotta pick up 3rd downs, especially third and shorts. We weren't good enough today, with or without turnovers.

Currently 23rd in the state of Washington. Haven't looked nationally in a bit. Lost out on a trip to Nationals by one match in September. Didn't play my best tennis. Kinda like the GRIZ today.

EverettGriz said:

Currently 23rd in the state of Washington. Haven't looked nationally in a bit. Lost out on a trip to Nationals by one match in September. Didn't play my best tennis. Kinda like the GRIZ today.

23d in WA is a "nationally ranked player"? Who knew. You are a joke.

Back