• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: Backs to the wall

Nice post Brint, one thing that I believe should be covered more is how flat this team has looked almost every game this season, at the beginning, and its getting worse each week. Seems odd that Hauck, a Montana guy, can't get this team up to play out of the gate.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
grizindabox said:
Fahque said:
OK Prima Donna, no one said that either. They aren’t as bad as you make them sound either though.

So what position groups are above average for the BSC? Linebacker....

linebacker, receiver, running back (calhoun), qb (including the one who left), punter, return man, kicker (in terms of accuracy). the rest are at least average. this is not a no-talent team, as much as you want it to be.

Joke. Maybe backer. No, not receivers. Definitely not running backs. Jeez, did you watch the game today? UND had 3 great running backs today. Return men and kicker good, but no great returns today, one critical fumble by returner, and a missed FG today.

Team has talent, but there are holes. Just like Hauck has said publicly from the spring.

I agree that there is no excuse for the last 2 games, but don't think the blame is on the coaches for the fumbles.

I think we had better talent had LB, TE, and WR. We got punched in the mouth on both sides of the line. UND might have the best RB depth in the league. Not sure how good their DB's are, we couldn't throw down field...

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
grizindabox said:
Fahque said:
OK Prima Donna, no one said that either. They aren’t as bad as you make them sound either though.

linebacker, receiver, running back (calhoun), qb (including the one who left), punter, return man, kicker (in terms of accuracy). the rest are at least average. this is not a no-talent team, as much as you want it to be.

Joke. Maybe backer. No, not receivers. Definitely not running backs. Jeez, did you watch the game today? UND had 3 great running backs today. Return men and kicker good, but no great returns today, one critical fumble by returner, and a missed FG today.

Team has talent, but there are holes. Just like Hauck has said publicly from the spring.

I agree that there is no excuse for the last 2 games, but don't think the blame is on the coaches for the fumbles.

We’ve made a lot of running backs look all-world this year. And receivers. And QB’s.

But Baer is the bomb.

Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
Again, it wasn’t Stitt who rated them 2 & 3*’s. It wasn’t Stitt who gave them multiple FBS offers. Very very few were complaining about the quality of his recruits WHEN he was recruiting them, just his fascination with WR’s.
So

Once again, Stitt still evaluates recruits, and I would say on field results may show he did not do a very good job. Stars ultimately mean zero.

Again, in hindsight. Well done. You get a gold star.

How'd that QB recruit he had that was one of the best freshmen in the country turn out? We wont know Bobby wanted the guy playing the last two weeks that cant throw a deep ball.

How awesome is it going to be when that “QB recruit that was one of the best freshman in the country” is standing next to Coach Ty wearing the blue and gold holding the Great Divide trophy in 2019 and 2020? Poor savior Bobby and Monte. At least you have Sneed.

catattack said:
Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
So

Once again, Stitt still evaluates recruits, and I would say on field results may show he did not do a very good job. Stars ultimately mean zero.

How'd that QB recruit he had that was one of the best freshmen in the country turn out? We wont know Bobby wanted the guy playing the last two weeks that cant throw a deep ball.
How awesome is it going to be when that “QB recruit that was one of the best freshman in the country” is standing next to Coach Ty wearing the blue and gold holding the Great Divide trophy in 2019 and 2020? Poor savior Bobby and Monte. At least you have Sneed.
Jesus, you guys won today, and yet you're still so desperate. :lol:

grizaremoregooder said:
This team needs to recruit some talent. They were totally out classed today on the field. Stitt left this team with major holes.

You could also say the coaches left a huge hole in the QB postition...

griznative24 said:
grizaremoregooder said:
This team needs to recruit some talent. They were totally out classed today on the field. Stitt left this team with major holes.

My view is that UM has at least 2 qb's better than Jensen.

PlayerRep said:
griznative24 said:
grizaremoregooder said:

My view is that UM has atlas 2 qb's better than Jensen.

No, just no

catattack said:
Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
So

Knowing Choate, he’ll probably move him to TE and let a LB play QB. :question:

catattack said:
Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
So

Well, that won't be awesome at all. In fact, that sounds awful.

catattack said:
Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
So

You mean the same guy that Bobcat Nation had THREE different threads on the College Football Forum last year absolutely trashing on? It took me 45 seconds to find threads asserting things like "Jensen sucks against good competition" "Jensen is a product of a pass-heavy offense" and "Jensen choked against us (Bobcats). NOW though, he's really good (Which I happen to believe he is btw). But when he played for the Griz your message board fan base literally tore him apart in the week leading up to Cat-Griz, and even worse after the game is over. Don't believe me? Do a search on the college football forum from last year over there. SMH

George Ferguson said:
catattack said:
Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:

You mean the same guy that Bobcat Nation had THREE different threads on the College Football Forum last year absolutely trashing on? It took me 45 seconds to find threads asserting things like "Jensen sucks against good competition" "Jensen is a product of a pass-heavy offense" and "Jensen choked against us (Bobcats). NOW though, he's really good (Which I happen to believe he is btw). But when he played for the Griz your message board fan base literally tore him apart in the week leading up to Cat-Griz, and even worse after the game is over. Don't believe me? Do a search on the college football forum from last year over there. SMH

Hey George, have you EVER been through a Cat-griz week before??? :cool:

PlayerRep said:
griznative24 said:
grizaremoregooder said:

To PR's credit, he is the only guy in this thread saying Jensen isn't all-conference good that was also saying it last year. His feelings on Jensen have been consistent, haha.

I don't agree, but we all get our own opinions.

RobGriz said:
catattack said:
Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Knowing Choate, he’ll probably move him to TE and let a LB play QB. :question:

Safety. Jensen was a safety. :lol:

[/quote]

The problem was not the talent on the field. UM had the better players, depth and athletes at every position except RB and OL in that game. Which makes me wonder where the issue may lie....
[/quote]

That's not the game I saw :eek:

The problem was not the talent on the field. UM had the better players, depth and athletes at every position except RB and OL in that game. Which makes me wonder where the issue may lie....
[/quote]

That's not the game I saw :eek:
[/quote]

Me either.

grzz said:
PlayerRep said:
griznative24 said:
grizaremoregooder said:

To PR's credit, he is the only guy in this thread saying Jensen isn't all-conference good that was also saying it last year. His feelings on Jensen have been consistent, haha.

I don't agree, but we all get our own opinions.

How do you explain Sneed's better passing completion stats this year, compared to Jensen last year and Jensen this year? And Sneed's fewer interceptions this year, compared to Jensen last year (10 in 8.5 games)? Jensen doesn't have many interceptions this year (4 in 7 games). Note that 5 of Jensen's TD passes this year (12), came in the 2d to last game.

Sneed has 3 interceptions in 6 games, and 10 TD's. Phillip's completion percentage was over 70% last year. Jensen's was under 60%, as it is this year.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
grizindabox said:
Fahque said:

he said above average, not good.

argh! said:
grizindabox said:

I don't think the Griz are a no talent team, but I disagree with your assessment that UM is above average in so many areas. Is the receiving corp really above average? How come they've had so many critical drops and turnovers? I'd take the group Stitt inherited (Jamal Jones, Ellis Henderson, and Ben Roberts) over the current group. I think the receivers have potential, and hopefully will be better down the road, but right now they are not playing above average for the conference.

Also, you are wrong about the rest of the groups being at least average. The offensive line is not average, it's well below average and a glaring problem. The safety group was a disaster going into the season and had to be completely replaced.

Back