• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Stitt never lost like this

I used to be in the no excuses camp, but now I'm firmly in the he needs time camp. It's a good camp. It's a convenient camp. People sometimes drop the s'mores, but that will change.

CDAGRIZ said:
I used to be in the no excuses camp, but now I'm firmly in the he needs time camp. It's a good camp. It's a convenient camp. People sometimes drop the s'mores, but that will change.

Just pick a camp. Wipe as much dirt off as you can and eat the damn smore. Chocolate, Graham cracker, dirty marshmallow. Come on, wash it down with a swig of beer by the fire and it ain’t that bad.

Copper Griz said:
Fahque said:
Copper Griz said:
Fahque said:
I feel the answer lies somewhere in between

The true answer is the program can’t afford one more damn coaching change - period. The last two games were embarrassing, but Hauck should be given four years minimum, maybe five. Why? Consistency. Recruiting and coaching consistency. Anybody thinking this team was going to rule the BSC was crazy. New coaches. New system, different expectations. Players leaving because they did not buy in, etc. Hauck can coach and the Griz will be fine in a few years. He deserves to get his recruits in his system. I am pissed at BH because he reverts to old habits and plays favorites. Cam H deserves some damn time on the field. Snead was his guy and was ahead going into the season. I get why he was starting. Last two games have been pretty rough. He cannot throw a deep ball. He rarely checks off (does not have much time to in reality) and he throws rockets on quick slants and passes to the flats. The other thing that just makes no sense is burning a year of Sulser’s eligibility. Kid will be phenomenal. His playing this year is just a damn waste. Having one extra year when the program finally starts turning around makes sense. Playing him now is just plain stupid.

Four or five years? The same argument could’ve been made for Stitt

It could have and for the record - I was a fan of Stitt and could be classified as an apologist for his time at the helm. I am not making a pro Stitt or pro Hauck argument. I am making an argument for the program. An argument that says - quit making coaching changes. Firing Pflugrad was about the most stupid thing on earth. Having Delaney take the reigns as an “interim” or whatever the hell they called it - stupid! Hiring Stitt May have worked if they had stayed the course. Maybe not. Especially considering he had his own damn stubborn streak and would not replace his DC. Regardless, more coaching changes are not going to solve the problem. Look at the Oline. There lies the first key to the puzzle. I don’t want to hear about coaching those positions. Just look at the Oline. Do you see a Quinn or Dow? Hell no. Hauck or any other coach who was hired needs time. Five years? Yep. Five years.

Agreed

AZGrizFan said:
Coach said:
Please make one football related post showing Stitt getting take to the wood shed like Hauck was today.

I will wait

Weber State.

Don’t think so. TO’s killed the Griz in the 1st half of that game. 4 -0
They fought like hell to get back in that game. They beat a very good Weber team in every statistical category in that game except obviously the most important the final score.

CDAGRIZ said:
What? You've never had the patented Crunchy Swagger S'More?

You learn to love them in this camp.

They're way better than those awful dropped s'mores in the other camp.

CDAGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
RobGriz said:
So...how much time are YOU going to allow him since you are apparently in charge of hiring and firing coaches at the “U”?

15-17 years.
Not 5-7? Because in that other post you said 5-7. I’m just asking, don’t want to misquote. I mean I’ll go with 5-7 if that’s what you want. Personally, I feel like he should get the same amount of time Stitt did. But than I remembered, I have the same amount of say in this deal that you do. None.

No. 15-17 years. He just needs some time to get his guys in place. He's been having to deal with the mess Stitt left him. He will get it done. You'll see.

I'll be dead by then.

I am not advocating Hauck's firing. I'm just saying that mediocrity should be the expectation for the near future.

Spanky2 said:
68, why are you so negative about Bobby and the future of the team?

I wasn't in favor of his return, so ... I think he's a decent coach, given good players. But, he plays favorites, with both players and coaches, and I think he showed at UNLV that he really couldn't coach in the face of adversity. I think he's an excellent special teams coach, and should have stayed with that.

Coach said:
Please make one football related post showing Stitt getting take to the wood shed like Hauck was today.

I will wait

You don’t remember getting ripped by 31 points at the hands of ndsu? Our Griz managed a measly 6 points that day. The bison only fielded 1 punt in the game. Because they were intercepting the ball before forcing punts. It was definitely an ass-kicking. They ran at will.

'68griz said:
Spanky2 said:

I wasn't in favor of his return, so ... I think he's a decent coach, given good players. But, he plays favorites, with both players and coaches, and I think he showed at UNLV that he really couldn't coach in the face of adversity. I think he's an excellent special teams coach, and should have stayed with that.
Great post, 68!

DuCharme said:
Coach said:

I will wait

You don’t remember getting ripped by 31 points at the hands of ndsu? Our Griz managed a measly 6 points that day. The bison only fielded 1 punt in the game. Because they were intercepting the ball before forcing punts. It was definitely an ass-kicking. They ran at will.

Hey, at least that was a playoff game. Those seem like a looooooong ways off right about now.

I think the toughest loss for me was two years ago when the Cats won in WaGriz. No way they should have ever won that game. (Stitt coached) I can't remember now, but like 2 passes completed, maybe it was 3. I'm not making excuses for today, interception right off, then fumble on return. We march down to the one and turn it over again. Not saying we would have beat them, but they are a way better team than the Cats 2 years ago. When you turn it over that many times in a row, it's going to be a long day.

1972 said:
I think the toughest loss for me was two years ago when the Cats won in WaGriz. No way they should have ever won that game. (Stitt coached) I can't remember now, but like 2 passes completed, maybe it was 3. I'm not making excuses for today, interception right off, then fumble on return. We march down to the one and turn it over again. Not saying we would have beat them, but they are a way better team than the Cats 2 years ago. When you turn it over that many times in a row, it's going to be a long day.

They are a way better team. And they beat us like a rented mule. Two years ago we weren’t beaten like this.

7-63 against UW.

Giving up 42 points against EWU in 2d half, after being up 25-6.

NDSU, losing 37-6.

Nice job on your history.

How can there be some many dumb posters on egriz?

PlayerRep said:
7-63 against UW.

Giving up 42 points against EWU in 2d half, after being up 25-6.

NDSU, losing 37-6.

Nice job on your history.

How can there be some many dumb posters on egriz?

Ok...

One is a top 15 FBS program. One is a top 40 program and the best fcs program ever. And one is the big sky powerhouse the last 6+ years.

None of those are remotely comparable to what happened today

'68griz said:
Spanky2 said:

And yet, Special Team errors factored into all 3 losses this year.

Back