• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Nation Is #1 in One Thing

timjayko

#1 in.. most rabbid fan base.

So much negativity and hateful energy going on in here.
Reality check: when is the last time Grizzly Football won the BSC?
We've got a young team, and a lot of rebuilding to do if we want to dominate even our own conference again.
Constructive crit: Honestly does anyone here think an offense that runs primarily from the shotgun is gonna work for us any more ?

I do hope we shift to a more pro style offense next year, but we'll see what the OC draws up.

Until then I'm still and always will be a griz, through thick and thin.

True fans are gonna stand by this team the rest of the year from here on out, regardless what the endgame score and season record becomes. To the bandwagon or fairweather fans out there: don't let the exit door hit your a**on the way out.

I will ALWAYS support this team and this program. But I’ll also speak out when there are obvious issues which extend far beyond “we’re young”.

we will be fine. I'm sure the biggest whiners or is that wieners will be the same people crying and throwing a fit come election day.

EverettGriz said:
I will ALWAYS support this team and this program. But I’ll also speak out when there are obvious issues which extend far beyond “we’re young”.

Not only the players are young, we are running a new defensive scheme, and offensive playbook too with a new staff, and the weakest link to our team is one of the most important components for a successful football team, the O-line. Give em sime time and be patient. A year from now if this kind of play is still plaguing us then obviously this falls on the coaching staff, but right now... take a deep breath and take it easy. GOOOZ.. FRABA.

Truth is most of these people are 1)hung up on Stitt and still bent out of shape he got fired or 2)football ignorant.

Mostly #2. That isn’t a pun...unless you want it to be.

retiredpopo said:
we will be fine. I'm sure the biggest whiners or is that wieners will be the same people crying and throwing a fit come election day.

Well I didn't expect this post to get political.. but at least it was quasi-positive

Oh good, another "true fan" lecture. I'm sure this one will succeed where the others have failed and finally set the record straight. :roll:

Look, there's nothing bandwagon or fair-weather about having high expectations. Fans should be bloody upset about these last two gong show performances. We've played like crap for 7 of the last 8 quarters, and it's unacceptable. We're not frickin' Northern Colorado, playing for moral victories and looking for silver linings after every ass kicking. We're the Montana Grizzlies. We used to be the standard. "True fans" would remember that.

timjayko said:
EverettGriz said:

Not only the players are young, we are running a new defensive scheme, and offensive playbook too with a new staff, and the weakest link to our team is one of the most important components for a successful football team, the O-line. Give em sime time and be patient. A year from now if this kind of play is still plaguing us then obviously this falls on the coaching staff, but right now... take a deep breath and take it easy. GOOOZ.. FRABA.
Year after year after year, the OL is our primary problem. Why can’t we recruit OL talent? We don’t we have a drop down or two? Why don’t we get a couple of JC transfers? We have the same problem no matter the coach. This weakness must improve or we will never have a good team.

timjayko said:
EverettGriz said:

Concur. I also believe this staff is struggling, however, and one cannot ignore that fact. Perhaps if someone could explain to me how we're two scores down in 4 of our 6 games this season before most people have inflated their seat cushions without some of that blame going on the staff, I'd feel better.

Ringneck said:
Oh good, another "true fan" lecture. I'm sure this one will succeed where the others have failed and finally set the record straight. :roll:

Look, there's nothing bandwagon or fair-weather about having high expectations. Fans should be bloody upset about these last two gong show performances. We've played like crap for 7 of the last 8 quarters, and it's unacceptable. We're not frickin' Northern Colorado, playing for moral victories and looking for silver linings after every ass kicking. We're the Montana Grizzlies. We used to be the standard. "True fans" would remember that.

Agreed.

Ringneck said:
Oh good, another "true fan" lecture. I'm sure this one will suc
ceed where the others have failed and finally set the record straight. :roll:

Look, there's nothing bandwagon or fair-weather about having high expectations. Fans should be bloody upset about these last two gong show performances. We've played like crap for 7 of the last 8 :^[quarters, and it's unacceptable. We're not frickin' Northern Colorado, playing for moral victories and looking for silver linings after every ass kicking. We're the Montana Grizzlies. We used to be the standard. "True fans" would remember that.
Yes we are the Montana Grizzlies but maybe in this current era, are our expectations and external pressure toward the team not a little too high? We are far from the dominant program that we were once known to be, this might be painful for some to swallow but I think this is a necessary thing to recognize and accept. High expectations are not a bad thing but taking it out on a young inexperienced team who dont even know what it feels like to win a BSC championship is a little over the top if you ask me.

Ringneck said:

This post is good, but it's young. I'm gonna give it some time.

I’ll be there through thick and thin. The mediocrity isn’t a new thing though. We’ve been mediocre for years now. It’s getting old. I’m hoping this new/old staff can right the ship. I can see it happening. Look what phoenice did at ISU. They’re throttling a good UC Davis on the road right now. If Phen can turn the ISU dumpster fire around the. Hauck can certainly do the same at UM. Can’t wait to see what’s in store the next couple of years! GO GRIZ!

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I’ll be there through thick and thin. The mediocrity isn’t a new thing though. We’ve been mediocre for years now. It’s getting old. I’m hoping this new/old staff can right the ship. I can see it happening. Look what phoenice did at ISU. They’re throttling a good UC Davis on the road right now. If Phen can turn the ISU dumpster fire around the. Hauck can certainly do the same at UM. Can’t wait to see what’s in store the next couple of years! GO GRIZ!
This, represents a true fan

timjayko said:
EverettGriz said:

If this isn't what Bobby wants to run on offense but has to because he doesn't have his guys yet.....will you get to use the excuse of a new system when he gets his guys? Asking for a friend

P.S. They are quite a few games in. When do they finally usually get the concepts of not letting a WR behind you and you have to block someone if you are an offensive lineman in these rocket science schemes? Asking for another friend .

CDAGRIZ said:
Ringneck said:

Your “Shtick” isn’t good, nor is it young. You should hang it up though, because it is boring

timjayko said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
This, represents a true fan

True fans cannot be objective and critical when necessary?

I mean, we're now striving to be ISU??

timjayko said:
Ringneck said:
Oh good, another "true fan" lecture. I'm sure this one will suc
ceed where the others have failed and finally set the record straight. :roll:

Look, there's nothing bandwagon or fair-weather about having high expectations. Fans should be bloody upset about these last two gong show performances. We've played like crap for 7 of the last 8 :^[quarters, and it's unacceptable. We're not frickin' Northern Colorado, playing for moral victories and looking for silver linings after every ass kicking. We're the Montana Grizzlies. We used to be the standard. "True fans" would remember that.
Yes we are the Montana Grizzlies but maybe in this current era, are our expectations and external pressure toward the team not a little too high? We are far from the dominant program that we were once known to be, this might be painful for some to swallow but I think this is a necessary thing to accept.

Why should we accept it? Do you think lower fan base expectations will lead to improved performance?

CDAGRIZ said:
Ringneck said:

But it received 2* stars out of high school, so...

Back