• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: Backs to the wall

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
Again, it wasn’t Stitt who rated them 2 & 3*’s. It wasn’t Stitt who gave them multiple FBS offers. Very very few were complaining about the quality of his recruits WHEN he was recruiting them, just his fascination with WR’s.
So

Once again, Stitt still evaluates recruits, and I would say on field results may show he did not do a very good job. Stars ultimately mean zero.

Again, in hindsight. Well done. You get a gold star.

LOL, my point, the Griz quality is not what many believe it to be, but people like you want to hang onto arbitrary star ratings from 2 or 3 years ago to say that they are.

And my point is that hindsight is 20/20. Were you aware these recruits sucked when we signed them? I’m too lazy to go back and look for your posts warning Stitt against signing these guys. Because the general consensus on most of these guys while they were being recruited was that they were studs. So Monday-morning QB’ing their skill sets seems a tad bit disengenuous, IMHO.

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
So

Once again, Stitt still evaluates recruits, and I would say on field results may show he did not do a very good job. Stars ultimately mean zero.

Again, in hindsight. Well done. You get a gold star.

LOL, my point, the Griz quality is not what many believe it to be, but people like you want to hang onto arbitrary star ratings from 2 or 3 years ago to say that they are.

And my point is that hindsight is 20/20. Were you aware these recruits sucked when we signed them? I’m too lazy to go back and look for your posts warning Stitt against signing these guys. Because the general consensus on most of these guys while they were being recruited was that they were studs. So Monday-morning QB’ing their skill sets seems a tad bit disengenuous, IMHO.

Sure, whatever, but I have always been a "star ratings are meaningless" guy. But lets keep touting how great the Griz are based on them.

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yeah, all these 2 & 3 * recruits he brought in, many with multiple FBS offers...what a f***[*]. How dare he.

Once again, perception over results.

Yeah, it’s easy to Monday morning quarterback recruits that were highly touted coming in that don’t pan out. In fact, I can bat 1.000 on that. Doesn’t make ME Nostradamus.

Kind of missed the point, but how many of Stitt's 2 and 3* recruits have panned out?

So what is your point? Do you have a point? Or do you just like to rag?

Fahque said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:

Yeah, it’s easy to Monday morning quarterback recruits that were highly touted coming in that don’t pan out. In fact, I can bat 1.000 on that. Doesn’t make ME Nostradamus.

Kind of missed the point, but how many of Stitt's 2 and 3* recruits have panned out?

That you didn't read the entire thread...congrats.

grizindabox said:
Fahque said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:

:roll:

grizindabox said:
Fahque said:
grizindabox said:
Fahque said:

I get it, the Griz have the best talent in the BSC but yet they can't seem to win games.

OK Prima Donna, no one said that either. They aren’t as bad as you make them sound either though.

Fahque said:
grizindabox said:
Fahque said:
grizindabox said:

I get it, the Griz have the best talent in the BSC but yet they can't seem to win games.

OK Prima Donna, no one said that either. They aren’t as bad as you make them sound either though.

So what position groups are above average for the BSC? Linebacker....

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizaremoregooder said:
This team needs to recruit some talent. They were totally out classed today on the field. Stitt left this team with major holes.

Yeah, all these 2 & 3 * recruits he brought in, many with multiple FBS offers...what a f***[*]. How dare he.

perceptions like hauck-coached teams don't turn the ball over? that they come out focused and play with intensity? that they get better as the season progresses? like those?

grizindabox said:
Fahque said:
grizindabox said:
Fahque said:

linebacker, receiver, running back (calhoun), qb (including the one who left), punter, return man, kicker (in terms of accuracy). the rest are at least average. this is not a no-talent team, as much as you want it to be.

argh! said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizaremoregooder said:
This team needs to recruit some talent. They were totally out classed today on the field. Stitt left this team with major holes.

perceptions like hauck-coached teams don't turn the ball over? that they come out focused and play with intensity? that they get better as the season progresses? like those?

sure

argh! said:
grizindabox said:
Fahque said:
grizindabox said:

linebacker, receiver, running back (calhoun), qb (including the one who left), punter, return man, kicker (in terms of accuracy). the rest are at least average. this is not a no-talent team, as much as you want it to be.

Well, I disagree with WR, Calhoun is not even a starter, you can't count a kid that leaves when the comparison is how they stack up this season. And I never said "no talent" but did say average overall talent. They don't have the same talent as EWU or Weber, and I would say less offensive talent than ISU and Davis. MSU may have better overall defensive talent.

...backs to the wall is one way...
...always liked the proverbial...
...ass to the blades...

... :butt: ...

argh! said:
grizindabox said:
Fahque said:
grizindabox said:

No, it isn’t a no talent team, but the holes are BLARINGLY easy to spot and for other teams to take advantage of

grizaremoregooder said:

Yeah, the guys hauck brought in sure are saviors, huh?? A QB who can't complete a pass 15 yards down field to a wiiiiiiiide open receiver, and a tailback who appears to run with his eyes closed 80% of the time.

The problem was not the talent on the field. UM had the better players, depth and athletes at every position except RB and OL in that game. Which makes me wonder where the issue may lie....

argh! said:
grizindabox said:
Fahque said:
grizindabox said:

Joke. Maybe backer. No, not receivers. Definitely not running backs. Jeez, did you watch the game today? UND had 3 great running backs today. Return men and kicker good, but no great returns today, one critical fumble by returner, and a missed FG today.

Team has talent, but there are holes. Just like Hauck has said publicly from the spring.

I agree that there is no excuse for the last 2 games, but don't think the blame is on the coaches for the fumbles.

I seem to remember a whole lot of Hauck will coach em up, RTD bs last year when everyone was throwing Stitt under the bus. What I see is a bunch of players especially at the wide receiver position that lack situational awareness. And a QB that is a running back that kinda throws the ball. Throw in some bonehead coaching and you got a bag of flaming crap.

Back