• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

406grizfan4life said:
PDXGrizzly said:
Montana37 said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
If you ask me he should have started the 2nd half.

Exactly the lack of offense had gone on too long

Watching Sneed vs Humphrey, I can see Sneed was WAAAY too wound up. His short passes were a million miles an hour and his longer ones were just off the mark. He is quick to flush and has trouble hitting hot routes. He also doesn’t throw receivers open. Watching Humphrey, he doesn’t do any of that. His pocket presence is noticeably better than Sneed’s. He has more touch and throws his receivers open.

I don’t know... I’m seeing the downside of Sneed and it really isn’t pretty. I know he’s a gamer, but he shouldn’t get rattled and panicky as much as he does. I like his wheels, but he has no downfield ability. This let’s defenses key on the shorter passes and flood the quick routes. Humphrey gives the O the ability to stretch the field, making defenses pay for playing close to the line. He just seems to have more upside.

Agreed and spot on

Add that he never gets past his first read and he’s made up his mind who he’s throwing it to before the ball is even snapped, regardless of coverage.

PlayerRep said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:
Glad I can watch this on Pluto!

Man, if there are kids still on this team that don’t want to buy in then sit there ass and let them either quit now or transfer out. Don’t let them on the filed to play half hearted.

Call me a bad fan for it then! I have been a diehard Griz fan since the late 80’s and this by far is the worst Griz performance. I can only imagine that Hauck is ready to blow a gasket. Some of these kids have quit plain and simple.

I don't think the kids quit today. If they quit, why did we win the second half 14-7. To me, it was the opposite of quit.

We won the 4th quarter 14-7 because we were playing our 1’s against UND’s 2’s.

Eric_Shun said:
PlayerRep said:
Fahque said:
Eric_Shun said:
I don't care if you're a moderator...Player Rep - you're an ass*** and a douce….no one cares about you so the fact that you get to moderate is disturbing

I don’t think Player is a moderator

I see that Eric S posted that he hadn't been to Missoula since 1991. He may be a bit out of touch. Ya think?

No, I've been back many times...are you a cuck?....

Why did you post this then?

"Eric_Shun

Colt Anderson - Sports Bars - Gone from Missoula for many years

Post by Eric_Shun » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:21 pm
I'm gonna ramble here and I don't mean to. I haven't been to Missoula since about 1991."

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:

Man, if there are kids still on this team that don’t want to buy in then sit there ass and let them either quit now or transfer out. Don’t let them on the filed to play half hearted.

Call me a bad fan for it then! I have been a diehard Griz fan since the late 80’s and this by far is the worst Griz performance. I can only imagine that Hauck is ready to blow a gasket. Some of these kids have quit plain and simple.

I don't think the kids quit today. If they quit, why did we win the second half 14-7. To me, it was the opposite of quit.

Not true. UND had its first team in until well into the 4th quarter. And, Cam Humphrey is not our first team QB.

Gamer from Andrew Houghton..
North Dakota rips Montana in Grand Forks, 41-14
https://skylinesportsmt.com/north-dakota-rips-montana-in-grand-forks-41-14/

PlayerRep said:
PDXGrizzly said:
Montana37 said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
If you ask me he should have started the 2nd half.

Watching Sneed vs Humphrey, I can see Sneed was WAAAY too wound up. His short passes were a million miles an hour and his longer ones were just off the mark. He is quick to flush and has trouble hitting hot routes. He also doesn’t throw receivers open. Watching Humphrey, he doesn’t do any of that. His pocket presence is noticeably better than Sneed’s. He has more touch and throws his receivers open.

I don’t know... I’m seeing the downside of Sneed and it really isn’t pretty. I know he’s a gamer, but he shouldn’t get rattled and panicky as much as he does. I like his wheels, but he has no downfield ability. This let’s defenses key on the shorter passes and flood the quick routes. Humphrey gives the O the ability to stretch the field, making defenses pay for playing close to the line. He just seems to have more upside.

Sneed was still 25-38 and had a better completion percentage than Humphrey. Sneed didn't lose this game. One bad early throw/pick, but the next couple fumbles were the killers.

I get what you are saying, but stats don’t tell the whole story. I stand by my comment about his downfield passing game as well at his issues with touch.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:

Not true. UND had its first team in until well into the 4th quarter. And, Cam Humphrey is not our first team QB.

No, but he should be.

Those two losses in a row are going to be damaging. It's going to be very tough for your team to come back from that. I pegged you for 6-5 and that might still happen.

poorgriz said:
Those two losses in a row are going to be damaging. It's going to be very tough for your team to come back from that. I pegged you for 6-5 and that might still happen.

Right now I’d kill for 6-5. :lol: 5-6 is more likely.

PDXGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
PDXGrizzly said:
Montana37 said:

Sneed was still 25-38 and had a better completion percentage than Humphrey. Sneed didn't lose this game. One bad early throw/pick, but the next couple fumbles were the killers.

I get what you are saying, but stats don’t tell the whole story. I stand by my comment about his downfield passing game as well at his issues with touch.

25/38 but only 200 yards. That is 8 yards per catch. A lot of short passes as I said before.

IdahoGrizFan said:
PDXGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
PDXGrizzly said:

25/38 but only 200 yards. That is 8 yards per catch. A lot of short passes as I said before.

He lost me when he threw a pass to JLM behind the LOS when it was 3rd & 10. Fuck that shit. That play should be removed from the playbook.

poorgriz said:

And it may well be 5-6.

AZGrizFan said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
PDXGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

He lost me when he threw a pass to JLM behind the LOS when it was 3rd & 10. f*** that shit. That play should be removed from the playbook.

Adam's St. job still open?

fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
PDXGrizzly said:

He lost me when he threw a pass to JLM behind the LOS when it was 3rd & 10. f*** that shit. That play should be removed from the playbook.

They are 4-3 this year, vs 5-7 last year. They have improved since Rosey left. Former EWU QB Josh Blankenship is the HC

ordigger said:
fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

They are 4-3 this year, vs 5-7 last year. They have improved since Rosey left. Former EWU QB Josh Blankenship is the HC

Ouch for us, good for them.

ordigger said:
fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

They are 4-3 this year, vs 4-7 last year. They have improved since Rosey left. Former EWU QB Josh Blankenship is the HC

Back