• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Well We Can Stop the Talk....

pregame show, bobby said that brent pease was the best receiver coach in the country, now
all we need is a quarterback that can throw the ball without overthrowing open receivers.
you may say that the pressure on dalton is why, not so in reality, overthrows cost us last weeks
to a wide open JLM to name one.
if the pressure is too much then call the right plays to counter, i know, i am not a coach, however,
if that is all i had to do it might come easier for me to figure it out.

zirge said:
pregame show, bobby said that brent pease was the best receiver coach in the country, now
all we need is a quarterback that can throw the ball without overthrowing open receivers.
you may say that the pressure on dalton is why, not so in reality, overthrows cost us last weeks
if the pressure is too much then call the right plays to counter, i know, i am not a coach, however,
We have that QB. He’s standing on the sideline

zirge said:

Sneed is not the one dropping all the passes. Cmon man if you think sneed is the problem you need to figure out how football works

Eriul said:
zirge said:

Sneed is not the one dropping all the passes. Cmon man if you think sneed is the problem you need to figure out how football works
True he has had some good passes dropped and I’m not blaming him for the offensive struggles. However his long ball is NOT accurate. He has no ability to stretch the field whatsoever. Makes things pretty easy for a defense.

RobGriz said:
Eriul said:
zirge said:

True he has had some good passes dropped and I’m not blaming him for the offensive struggles. However his long ball is NOT accurate. He has no ability to stretch the field whatsoever. Makes things pretty easy for a defense.
thank you for saying this in a different way to mean the same thing.

zirge said:
RobGriz said:
Eriul said:
zirge said:

thank you for saying this in a different way to mean the same thing.
It’s nice to know that when I try to defend someone’s point of view, they’ll immediately come jump my shit for it. Very refreshing

grizpsych said:
PDXGrizzly said:
grizpsych said:
The sh!t of it all is that this team has talent. This season is on the coaches!

Clearly they don’t have the horses to do much. This is both a lack of overall talent and coaching fails. Somewhere someone forgot about ball security. Seriously, if people would hold on the the damn ball...

I disagree. I think we have the horses, they are not being used right. Regardless of that, turnovers are not okay--ever. They have 21 to 28 points on turnovers. That is shit.

You are as wrong as two boys fuckin in the woods!

We don't even have Shetland ponies let alone horses. Are you not watching the talent disparity in this game?

grizpsych said:
The epitome of this season is Curran not laying out for the easy touchdown in the end zone. That will forever be etched into my mind as the indicator that this team has no heart/motivation/whatever you want to call it.

Agree 123%. I definitely haven't seen the fire/determination I was told was so sorely missing.

AZGrizFan said:
grizpsych said:
uofmman1122 said:
grizpsych said:
People want to do this Stitt vs Hauck thing. I just want Pflugrad back. Imagine our alternate history under him. Shit, we held Tennessee to 100ish yards rushing in 2011-his first year!
Second year. He coached the 2010 team, as well.
Thanks for the correction. I still stand by my beliefs here.

Taken almost an entire decade and we still don’t have the answer to the shitstorm Engstrom created.
Everywhere. Not just athletics. And it's not over.

AZGrizFan said:
About playoffs, a winning season, beating the bobcats....

This team is just not very good. This is a very Stitt-like mid-season collapse...I don’t even recognize this team from the one that played the first 5 games.

Are we giving BH, Baer, Germer and Timmy a pass because “these aren’t their guys”? How long does that excuse fly?

I don't know. What things are a constant between the 2 seasons?

Eriul said:
zirge said:

Not sure Sneed's passing has proved to be the solution.

He says Pease was the best in the country? Seriously ? That in itself explains why the griz are stinking it up lately their head coach is appayently in need of a committal to Warm Springs

CDAGRIZ said:
grizpsych said:
The epitome of this season is Curran not laying out for the easy touchdown in the end zone. That will forever be etched into my mind as the indicator that this team has no heart/motivation/whatever you want to call it.

Agree 123%. I definitely haven't seen the fire/determination I was told was so sorely missing.

Ha.

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:

This team is just not very good. This is a very Stitt-like mid-season collapse...I don’t even recognize this team from the one that played the first 5 games.

Are we giving BH, Baer, Germer and Timmy a pass because “these aren’t their guys”? How long does that excuse fly?

Consistently being outcoached
Terrible defensive schemes
Dropped passes at critical times
Poor O-line play
Mid season collapse

Those come to mind right off the bat.

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:

Poor O-line play
Mid season collapse

So coach and player issues. But I am sure Stitt would have won more games.

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:

Poor O-line play
Mid season collapse

So coach and player issues. But I am sure Stitt would have won more games.

Yes, and we supposedly fixed the “coach” issues when Stitt was let go and Hauck brought back to be the savior. We beat these guys like a rented mule last year and the year before. Amazing the different trajectories these two programs are on.

AZGrizFan said:

Some of us never said this team would go to the playoffs. Me, for one. Yes, a Stitt-like collapse.

The excuse of not having players lasts until season 3, if the team is at least credible in season 2.

Any more questions?

Back