• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who calls the offensive plays?

greasewood

Rosenbach, right? How long is Bobby going to keep him around if he continues to call a qb sneak or a handoff to the running back on 3rd & 1 & 4th & 1 & can't make 1 f^*#ing yard? Maybe he should realize he's got a young unexperienced O line & he should use some imagination & call a play that may work. He's done this 3 games in a row & failed. We didn't lose because of a punt return for a TD, we lost because we didn't convert 2 4th & 1's.

Ok. I’m gonna throw this out there. I’ll Prolly get barbecued by someone who played the game but...Stitt, or his OC did one thing I really liked. Lacking a dominate, bulldozing o-line, he stuck a D tackle in as a fullback or as “tight end” to create an actual heavy jumbo package on 4th and 1. Seemed to work. Maybe worth a try cause we really have not looked good at 3rd and short or 4th and short all season.

Buttegrizzle said:
Ok. I’m gonna throw this out there. I’ll Prolly get barbecued by someone who played the game but...Stitt, or his OC did one thing I really liked. Lacking a dominate, bulldozing o-line, he stuck a D tackle in as a fullback or as “tight end” to create an actual heavy jumbo package on 4th and 1. Seemed to work. Maybe worth a try cause we really have not looked good at 3rd and short or 4th and short all season.
Outside of the Counts run, I don’t remember that formation having a lot of success.

greasewood said:
Rosenbach, right? How long is Bobby going to keep him around if he continues to call a qb sneak or a handoff to the running back on 3rd & 1 & 4th & 1 & can't make 1 f^*#ing yard? Maybe he should realize he's got a young unexperienced O line & he should use some imagination & call a play that may work. He's done this 3 games in a row & failed. We didn't lose because of a punt return for a TD, we lost because we didn't convert 2 4th & 1's.

Were there any QB sneaks today? If so, I missed them.

PlayerRep said:
greasewood said:

Were there any QB sneaks today? If so, I missed them.

If you played th game...no... 🦅

greasewood said:

Well kind of but I don't know that is THE reason we lost.

We lost because we the other team had four more points than us.

The play calls may be questionable but the execution is worse. This team needs to periodically be able to pick up 1 yard at critical times. Good grief.... :|

Go Griz!

Heavy sets work when you are at least holding your own on the line of scrimmage. When you’re getting defensive penetration almost every play, all a heavy set does is clog things up more.

signedbewildered said:
greasewood said:

Well kind of but I don't know that is THE reason we lost.

We lost because we the other team had four more points than us.

And they had four more points than us because we couldnt convert a 4th & 6” on the 3 yard line, thus eliminating the eventual winning TD.

Back