• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Semenza

Grizwold

When r we going to maybe not this guy kick anymore. Is it just me or does this guy miss a lot of extra points. Can one of you Stat guys look up what his totals are for extra points in his career here at U of M. While your at it what his totals for field goals. It can't be very good. It's a crap shoot every game wether he can hit all of his extra pts. As for me I am getting tired of it.

He’s made all his FGs this year and missed two PATs so far. His first year he missed at least 4-5 PATs. It is definitely strange.

The kid's 6-6 on fieldgoals this year making 25, 31, 42, 36, 36, 31

He's missed 2 PATs this year, went back and looked it up, he missed 9 in 2016. Hopefully he can iron this out and not fall back into that form because I like the way he's kicking a lot. I doubt he'll remain perfect on the season at fieldgoals but it's great to see him as a reliable guy for points when the Griz get into enemy territory.

It’s the equivalent of missing the 2 foot putt. Once it’s in your head it’s sure to happen again.

signedbewildered said:
It's just you.

Remember there are more variables.

Snapper, holder, protection. We still would have lost, just ask PR.

you forgot special teams coach.

"SEMENZA'S FIELD GOALS:

Junior kicker Tim Semenza made both of his field goal attempts on Saturday, connecting on a 36-yard field goal in the first quarter and a 31-yard kick in the third quarter. Semenza is now 6-for-6 on the year and 19-of-22 for his career.

Semenza is tied with Montana State's Tristan Bailey for the lead nationally with most field goals made this season with six. Bailey is also perfect on the year "

That's 86.4% on career FG's. That would have been top 10 in the NFL last year.

CDAGRIZ said:
Just gotta make the tap-ins, and we're golden. Gotta make the tap-ins.

If the opposing coaches had even a hint of class, they'd go ahead and concede the XP and move on to the next. In fact, that may be part of Semenza's problem; he's constantly surprised by the snap (expecting the refs to blow the 'concession whistle' in the nick of time) and is thereby mentally and physically ill-prepared for having to put toe to ball. My advice to the young man? Don't hold your breath waiting for Griz foes to do the right thing...

Career Stats:
Semenza FG 19/22 (.864); XP 42/53 (.792)
Purdy FG 17/20 (.850); XP 56/60 (.933)

Semenza's woeful performance on XPs has to raise the question of where is Purdy; he is on the roster.

kemajic said:
Career Stats:

Semenza's woeful performance on XPs has to raise the question of where is Purdy; he is on the roster.

Something's up with Purdy. He didn't kick in the spring (that I can recall) and then for the Drake game he was in street clothes.

I think maybe I’d consider going for 2 more often. You just can’t miss the XP, it always finds a way to haunt the decision-making process in-game.

bgbigdog said:
I think maybe I’d consider going for 2 more often. You just can’t miss the XP, it always finds a way to haunt the decision-making process in-game.

I get what you're saying but I'd think they'll want him to just work on making these chip shot kicks and work through it. Too important for the team to just give up on the guy and then have him be a wreck later in the season when a simple PAT is all they need.

I recall Bobby used to clean up kicking errors a multitude of ways but one was to put his guys in live 1 on 1 tackling drills and other toughness-type of drills. Could be a week of just working on getting Tim's mind right. Honestly I like the power and accuracy Tim has on his fieldgoals, this PAT issue seems like a mental block more than anything, however as others posted in this thread too that miss could have been the hold, the snap, or something else as well, I'm not 100% on the details of if it was a mis-hit or if something else was a factor.

BWahlberg said:
bgbigdog said:

I get what you're saying but I'd think they'll want him to just work on making these chip shot kicks and work through it. Too important for the team to just give up on the guy and then have him be a wreck later in the season when a simple PAT is all they need.

I recall Bobby used to clean up kicking errors a multitude of ways but one was to put his guys in live 1 on 1 tackling drills and other toughness-type of drills. Could be a week of just working on getting Tim's mind right. Honestly I like the power and accuracy Tim has on his fieldgoals, this PAT issue seems like a mental block more than anything, however as others posted in this thread too that miss could have been the hold, the snap, or something else as well, I'm not 100% on the details of if it was a mis-hit or if something else was a factor.
It was a Billy Martin shot - Dead Yank.

kemajic said:
Career Stats:

Purdy has great FG stats too.

Back