• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Fight On!"

BWahlberg

DONOR
From last night's Griz Encounter Coach Hauck urged the crowd of what we as fans need to do when we see someone in Griz gear or at anytime on gameday.

If you see a fellow Griz fan, give them a, "Go Griz!"

Their reply should be, "Fight on!"

(and so if you get a Go Griz to you, that should be your answer).

This whole fall camp that's how Bobby's broke practice ending huddles, with a loud Go Griz and the team replies, "fight on!" If you pick up the official Maroon Out T shirts for the UNI game around town you'll see "Fight On" is printed on the back.

And yes I'm sure they're all aware it's the name of the USC fight song too, so please take this weekend in advance of the first game to get over those concerns. :thumb:

GO GRIZ!

I tried to talk my wife into buying a case of Miller Light for $14.95. Instead, she bought a jar of cold cream for $7.95.
I told her the beer would make her look better at night than the cold cream.
Fight On...

VictorG said:
I tried to talk my wife into buying a case of Miller Light for $14.95. Instead, she bought a jar of cold cream for $7.95.
I told her the beer would make her look better at night than the cold cream.
Fight On...
Man, you do know how to live dangerously. (In a safe "civilian" kinda way.)

PlayerRep said:
Is this how the team responded of the clip of O'Neill, the bin laden guy, talking to the team?

Sure was! You can hear it at the end of this clip:

https://twitter.com/Coach_Hauck/status/1032449386846904320

I like it!

Always felt odd with a response of "Go Griz" back at the person.

Side note: daughter at Purdue,they greet each other with Boiler UP! the response is Hammer Down!

Going to be hard to say something other than "Huah" in response. Been in the military too long.

grizfan95 said:
The Notre Dame part of me dies inside hearing “Fight On!” though.

There’s room for a Notre Dame part? :lol: you’re a glutton for punishment.

I may be in the minority - but we are not U$C. No. Thank. You.
Don't get me wrong, it is cool that the team is using it as a rallying cry or whatver, but you won't catch me saying that.

Love it! I think this is a great idea from Bobby, and WGAF if other schools say it. It adds new excitement and makes it feels like another connection for the fans with the team.

Go Griz! Fight on! We’ll fight on in the stands with Montana! :thumb:

signedbewildered said:
Well that's gonna take a bit for me to get used to.

I'm so used to responding "FUCK THE CATS!!!"

My Russian mail order bride wears a lot of Griz shirts and her usual response when people give her the "Go Griz!" is to avert her eyes and walk briskly away from them. She says, "Baby, I forget what to say".

This is brilliant, bewildered! I'll pass this gem on to her. Of course she's still working on her English so I'm expecting some variations (e.g. Fuck you cat!, Fuck your cats, or simply Cats fuck!). Really can't go wrong with any of these.

Ursa Major said:
signedbewildered said:
Well that's gonna take a bit for me to get used to.

I'm so used to responding "f*** THE CATS!!!"

My Russian mail order bride wears a lot of Griz shirts and her usual response when people give her the "Go Griz!" is to avert her eyes and walk briskly away from them. She says, "Baby, I forget what to say".

This is brilliant, bewildered! I'll pass this gem on to her. Of course she's still working on her English so I'm expecting some variations (e.g. f*** you cat!, f*** your cats, or simply Cats f***!). Really can't go wrong with any of these.

I live in New Mexico where Griz fans are almost non-existent, so whenever I see someone sporting Griz gear I get a little over excited and yell Go Griz! I am usually met with a blank stare, followed by a slowly dawning realization that I am referencing their apparel. Nine times out of ten the explanation is that, "Oh yeah my (insert random Montana relative) gave this to me. I don't know anything about the school". Sigh.

Da Boyz Mom said:
... I live in New Mexico where Griz fans are almost non-existent, so whenever I see someone sporting Griz gear I get a little over excited and yell Go Griz! I am usually met with a blank stare, followed by a slowly dawning realization that I am referencing their apparel. Nine times out of ten the explanation is that, "Oh yeah my (insert random Montana relative) gave this to me. I don't know anything about the school". Sigh.
On the other hand, when we snow-bird in Arizona, we see a ton of Griz fans/gear ... and they light right up when they hear GO GRIZ! :thumb:

:egriz:

Back