• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Root Sports Games

84GRIZ

DONOR
So it is bad enough that we have to watch NBA Summer League games on ESPN but now the NBA is affecting the release of Griz game times. Saw this on Go Griz.

ROOT Sports announced the Montana/Sacramento State game in Missoula will start at 1 p.m. Start times for the remaining ROOT Sports games will be announced following the release of the NBA schedule in mid-August.

By the way, does anybody actually watch NBA Summer League games on TV????

84GRIZ said:
So it is bad enough that we have to watch NBA Summer League games on ESPN but now the NBA is affecting the release of Griz game times. Saw this on Go Griz.

ROOT Sports announced the Montana/Sacramento State game in Missoula will start at 1 p.m. Start times for the remaining ROOT Sports games will be announced following the release of the NBA schedule in mid-August.

Does anybody even watch NBA at all?

Once sports fans got over watching the Warriors actually play a team game instead of every star for themselves; the NBA lost it's appeal. Instead of watching a bunch of athletes play for each other and not give a crap about who has the best stats, we should go back to "Can Lebron outscore an incredibly mediocre Eastern Conference and get shit canned again in the Finals, Can Tom and Bill figure out another way to cheat their way to an NFL title, where every single player is discredited and replaceable except for them?" North American sports leagues are built and filtered through individual story arches; so to answer your question; we should stop caring about the NBA until another Jordan-esque 35 shot a gamer can emerge in a major market and make me want to buy his shoes. Seacreast Out!

reinell30 said:
84GRIZ said:

Does anybody even watch NBA at all?
Of course not, why would they?

You guys are funny. The NBA is more popular than ever. It has become a year round sport with the season, post-season, draft, summer league, free-agency, etc. More people are watching, attending, streaming basketball than ever.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradadgate/2018/04/25/the-2017-18-season-was-great-for-the-nba/#3de977702ecb

PeauxRouge said:
You guys are funny. The NBA is more popular than ever. It has become a year round sport with the season, post-season, draft, summer league, free-agency, etc. More people are watching, attending, streaming basketball than ever.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradadgate/2018/04/25/the-2017-18-season-was-great-for-the-nba/#3de977702ecb

That's what I can't seem to figure out: The NBA is more popular than ever, and I am less interested than ever. Maybe my watching was the problem. :)

PeauxRouge said:

Thank you, I knew the claims of "no one watching" were dead wrong, but couldn't find a good response. Mind you, we do not watch the NBA either ... for a number of reasons. But I knew the league was making money hand over fist. I'm glad you found a reference. Of the reasons cited in the article, I pick three: it's fast-paced, there's a lot of scoring, and (most importantly, IMO) the games don't go on for f**king ever. I think the "better social media" thing is over-rated ... football and baseball seem to be doing just fine in that regard.

There's another reason that is not mentioned in the article, but I do believe it is a significant factor: Modern basketball is not a non-contact sport. If I were reffing (which I have done at the club level), I'd be blowing the whistle on just about every play. But, of course, a lot more contact is now allowed, especially at the international level. That plays well with a sports audience where a lot of them seem to love UFC.

PeauxRouge said:

:clap:

CDAGRIZ said:
PeauxRouge said:

That's what I can't seem to figure out: The NBA is more popular than ever, and I am less interested than ever. Maybe my watching was the problem. :)

I thought you once posited that if you couldn’t get it on your toaster, it wasn’t worth your while. Did I misunderstand or am I attributing it to the wrong guy.

bgbigdog said:
CDAGRIZ said:
PeauxRouge said:

I thought you once posited that if you couldn’t get it on your toaster, it wasn’t worth your while. Did I misunderstand or am I attributing it to the wrong guy.

That sounds like me. I may have been posting from a [British] Columbian prison camp at the time, but it certainly seems like something I would write during that time, what with my meager rations of marbled rye and Russian dressing.

CDAGRIZ said:
bgbigdog said:
CDAGRIZ said:
PeauxRouge said:

That sounds like me. I may have been posting from a [British] Columbian prison camp at the time, but it certainly seems like something I would write during that time, what with my meager rations of marbled rye and Russian dressing.

What? No (Canadian) bacon?

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bgbigdog said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Much like day drinking on a Wednesday, it was viewed as an indulgence reserved for the idle rich, and graduate students in the non-binary dance theory program.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bgbigdog said:

Much like day drinking on a Wednesday, it was viewed as an indulgence reserved for the idle rich, and graduate students in the non-binary dance theory program.

You shut your whore mouth. There is NOTHING wrong with day drinking on a Wednesday. :stfu:

Back