• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

a "practice" report - but not much of one

717s7e

Wife and I made the big monthly shopping trip to Missoula today. I was able to drop her off at Costco while I ran errands. For me, that meant running up to the field house to see if the men or women were doing their rat ball summer stuff. I missed the women but ran into the men's coaches who said that the freshmen won't be on campus for several weeks - they only go to the second session of summer school.

The men were in the West Auxiliary Gym - stereo blaring and the guys doing 5 on 5 short games. The coaches can't even watch during this summer stuff. Everyone was working hard. I had two "impressions: - first, Donaven Dorsey has some quicks, some hops, and some moves for a big guy. He can go to the hoop like a guard with all of the the fancy finishing touches.

Second, I was impressed with Kelby Kramer's improvement. He has spent time on the weights - could still add a few pounds it seems. He certainly was a rim protector today.

Otherwise, everyone looked like what you would expect. Peter Jones is still practicing with the team.

I see the West Auxiliary Gym is reserved for basketball practice tomorrow, Friday, from 10:30 to 1 (I forget whether for men or women) but on Tuesday after Memorial Day, the women practice there from 9-11 and the men from 11-12. Maybe some of you locals can do an update then. Or, I can convince my wife to take another shopping expedition to MSO.

Watching hoops sure beats pushing a cart around Costco.

Thanks for the report! :thumb: That is very encouraging news on Dorsey! Was Kendal Manuel there?

Thanks for the practice report, very excited to watch this team next year.
Hoping to make a trip up to Montana this year and hopefully catch some Griz hoops.
Was hoping to get my son to the basketball camp however summer tournaments are on the same dates as camps.

717s7e said:
GrizWhiz - good question - No, I didn't see Kendal Manuel there.

I think the oregon schools are on a quarter system and are just about to get out. Wouldn't be good for him to skip out the rest of the quarter and screw up his grades.

Back