• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Guess Who's Back....

Paytonlives said:
HookedonGriz said:
Back again, Rorie's back, tell a friend!

Whoooooooo hooooo!

Not surprised... Just getting some NBA experience...

Grad transfer was always the bigger concern in my mind. Glad he's on board for another run.

DPGriz said:
Paytonlives said:
HookedonGriz said:
Back again, Rorie's back, tell a friend!

Whoooooooo hooooo!

Not surprised... Just getting some NBA experience...

Grad transfer was always the bigger concern in my mind. Glad he's on board for another run.

Exactly, that talk of Gonzaga and the possibility of NBA scouts telling him to go play for a bigger school had me nervous

Anyone know if the team here for first session of summer school or do they get together for the second session? When I am in town, it would be fun to run by the field house and see if it is rat ball time.

I was/am much more worried about grad transfer rules as well. The timing almost worries me that he was considering it rather heavily. To be honest, I hate the transfer rules as they stand. I think it's going to be free agency in college athletics if they make changes. I would think, though, that if a kid wanted to transfer to where his coach moves on to, or if coach is fired OK to transfer. If they just let things go, it will get ugly...and in a hurry.

717s7e said:
Anyone know if the team here for first session of summer school or do they get together for the second session? When I am in town, it would be fun to run by the field house and see if it is rat ball time.

The best time of the summer to watch competitive open gyms/pick up games are during the GRIZ basketball camps. They often play in the evenings during the camps. :thumb:

AZDoc said:
I was/am much more worried about grad transfer rules as well. The timing almost worries me that he was considering it rather heavily. To be honest, I hate the transfer rules as they stand. I think it's going to be free agency in college athletics if they make changes. I would think, though, that if a kid wanted to transfer to where his coach moves on to, or if coach is fired OK to transfer. If they just let things go, it will get ugly...and in a hurry.

I think it's very fair, if college athletics is about academics then why shouldn't players have the opportunity to consider a new institution after they complete their undergraduate degree?

As far as Rorie goes, I'm not "worried" that he might have considered other schools, he would have had a lot of offers as a transfer if he wanted to go that route so the fact that he decided to stick with us says a lot. I appreciate the loyalty to a program that helped get his basketball career on track and hopefully that loyalty is rewarded with an extremely successful final year for him and the team.

DPGriz said:
AZDoc said:

I think it's very fair, if college athletics is about academics then why shouldn't players have the opportunity to consider a new institution after they complete their undergraduate degree?

As far as Rorie goes, I'm not "worried" that he might have considered other schools, he would have had a lot of offers as a transfer if he wanted to go that route so the fact that he decided to stick with us says a lot. I appreciate the loyalty to a program that helped get his basketball career on track and hopefully that loyalty is rewarded with an extremely successful final year for him and the team.

Oh I don’t mind grad transfer at all. My issue is with free transfers without penalty if still enrolled as undergrad. Isn’t that something the NCAA is considering?

717s7e said:

The team is currently all enrolled in summer first session classes

Rorie was not invited to the NBA Combine, and was not offered a private workout by any NBA team.

So glad he is back for 1 more season with the GRIZ.

Back