• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Aussie Aussie Aussie C- Ben Carter Signs

Being called out by you as not being able to evaluate basketball players well means nothing. My evaluation is based on personally attending/watching 40+ college basketball games per year and measuring him against the players I have seen. At 18 years old, clearly he's young and should improve, but as a comparison, most Frontier post players this past season were far better.

rosco said:
Being called out by you as not being able to evaluate basketball players well means nothing. My evaluation is based on personally attending/watching 40+ college basketball games per year and measuring him against the players I have seen. At 18 years old, clearly he's young and should improve, but as a comparison, most Frontier post players this past season were far better.
Evaluating talent is a talent in and of itself, one that watching some games doesn't change. I'm sorry that you're so hurt that you don't have it. I can see it's very frustrating for you to be so clueless about a sport you clearly love. Don't be ashamed and lash out. Embrace your weaknesses. If number of hours sitting on your ass watching games made someone worthy of evaluating talent, ESPN would be considered a job training program. It isn't. You're not good at this. You can continue to share, that's your right. You're only going to illustrate my point further if you continue with the frontier comments. I actually lol'd. Thanks, man

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

casewinter13 said:
For this team? No... Opinions grounded in reality and knowledge always appreciated, whether positive or negative. I don't go on sites critiquing electricians and share my wildly uninformed opinion. Knowing your limitations is a good thing [emoji108] By the way, no one is stifling your right to an opinion, you're just being called out because you clearly don't evaluate basketball players well. I'm just sharing my opinion of your opinion, it's not personal :)
rosco said:
casewinter13 said:
][/quote said:
Thank f***[*] God you aren't involved in our recruiting efforts. He's a taller, slightly more skilled Krutwig from Loyola Chicago.

casewinter13 said:
rosco said:
Evaluating talent is a talent in and of itself, one that watching some games doesn't change. I'm sorry that you're so hurt that you don't have it. I can see it's very frustrating for you to be so clueless about a sport you clearly love. Don't be ashamed and lash out. Embrace your weaknesses. If number of hours sitting on your ass watching games made someone worthy of evaluating talent, ESPN would be considered a job training program. It isn't. You're not good at this. You can continue to share, that's your right. You're only going to illustrate my point further if you continue with the frontier comments. I actually lol'd. Thanks, man

Again, just my observation. Apparently you want to make this personal and not about the player as you know nothing about me yet continue to make ignorant comments.

I know plenty about your ability to evaluate basketball talent. I'm limiting it to that. In other areas of life I'm sure you're great and have talents that FAR surpass mine. I know my limitations. Agree to disagree [emoji106]

Glad to have ya on board, Big Ben
rosco said:
casewinter13 said:
rosco said:

Apparently you want to make this personal and not about the player as you know nothing about me yet continue to make ignorant comments.

His ability to get on the floor will be dictated by his growth on the defensive end. There is a lot to like about his offensive ability, above average feet, uses his body well, seems to have a nice soft touch. Doesn't seem to get off the floor real well. This guy would light up the Frontier Conference.

casewinter13 said:
I know plenty about your ability to evaluate basketball talent. I'm limiting it to that. In other areas of life I'm sure you're great and have talents that FAR surpass mine. I know my limitations. Agree to disagree [emoji106]

rosco said:
casewinter13 said:

Apparently you want to make this personal and not about the player as you know nothing about me yet continue to make ignorant comments.

Remember, this is about the player, not you. Time for you to get over it and move on.

rosco said:
casewinter13 said:

rosco said:
casewinter13 said:

Remember, this is about the player, not you. Time for you to get over it and move on.

pot....kettle....

Says the guy who keeps responding and shared his extensive number of hours watching basketball in training for his next job. I said agree to disagree to move on, I guess you'd like to continue. I spent my critique talking mostly about you and the player, not myself, but apparently we can add reading comprehension to your weaknesses. Now can we agree to disagree and move on to celebrate landing a talented future griz?
rosco said:
casewinter13 said:

rosco said:
casewinter13 said:

HelenaHandBasket said:
rosco said:
casewinter13 said:

rosco said:

pot....kettle....
Lol

Well said, sir
HelenaHandBasket said:
His ability to get on the floor will be dictated by his growth on the defensive end. There is a lot to like about his offensive ability, above average feet, uses his body well, seems to have a nice soft touch. Doesn't seem to get off the floor real well. This guy would light up the Frontier Conference.

casewinter13 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
rosco said:
casewinter13 said:

pot....kettle....
Lol

.Lol

rosco said:
Watched the highlights a number of time and I think the man bun is fine, the size is a good thing, but just not seeing D1.

e-Griz never fails in its predictability! 1. UM coaching staff announce the signing of a recruit. 2. A number of viewers post positive comments after watching the recruit's film. 3. A viewer, after also watching the film posts negative comments. 4. Said viewer is vilified by those who see the recruit as an exciting addition to the Team. 5. Negative poster gets all butt-hurt, defensive, and spouts his experience as an former player, coach, or expert in evaluating talent above and beyond the skills of the professionals on staff hired to make these decisions.

[emoji38]
maroonandsilver said:
rosco said:
Watched the highlights a number of time and I think the man bun is fine, the size is a good thing, but just not seeing D1.

e-Griz never fails in its predictability! 1. UM coaching staff announce the signing of a recruit. 2. A number of viewers post positive comments after watching the recruit's film. 3. A viewer, after also watching the film posts negative comments. 4. Said viewer is vilified by those who see the recruit as an exciting addition to the Team. 5. Negative poster gets all butt-hurt, defensive, and spouts his experience as an former player, coach, or expert in evaluating talent above and beyond the skills of the professionals on staff hired to make these decisions.

4 I can remember. Jack Lopez ended up being a solid player for us. Then we had a center come about 10 years back, Van something or other. Did not last long though.
garizzalies said:
How many Aussies have we had? Just the 2?

casewinter13 said:
[emoji38]
maroonandsilver said:
rosco said:

Again, I commented on the recruit with my opinion. Not defensive or "vilified by those who see the recruit as an exciting addition to the Team", not all butt-hurt, or an expert, just don't see why it needs to turn into a personal attack.

casewinter13 said:
[emoji38]
maroonandsilver said:
rosco said:

Again, I commented on the recruit with my opinion. Not defensive or "vilified by those who see the recruit as an exciting addition to the Team", not all butt-hurt, or an expert, just don't see why it needs to turn into a personal attack.

Back