• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz losing 3 players...

EverettGriz said:
I think WGF may be off his meds again.

No, not hardly. I'm on medication for a upcoming kidney stone surgery to take place in Bozeman tomorrow. This after an incident that resulted in double-hernia surgery a year and a half ago that was also contiguous with a snapped ligament in my spine and a crushed L4 (Lumber) vertabrae. You don't want to do this without medication. I'll guarantee ya!!!

It just seems so coincidental that with the departures of a couple members of the LG basketball team from last year; one, mayhaps because of a spinal problem of her own since the days of her high school career, another to play with her sister at NMC that with that aforemention set of circumstances that the Lady bobcats are receiving a couple transfers eligible next year and another from North Dakota that has those over at bobcatnation.com citing that the Lady Bobcat team for next year with be" "off the charts." That 'Mslacat,' a known bobcat commodity in the depths of Grizville in Missoula, comes forth with a so-called 'rumour' that there may be more departures forthcoming for the Lady Griz program. Though not citing reasons for it and having no better than his sterling reputation to vouch for it.

"You don't hear of any transfers coming into the LG program, do ya?"
But three coming into the bobcat program and three rumoured departures from the LG program beyond the known two already cited in Nora Klick and Hailey Nicholson. This leaving the LG program with ten from last year. With another three moving on, supposedly, leaving but seven plus the four incoming recruits. Seems mighty suspicious the timing of all this. With the Bobcat program expected to be "off the Charts," so to speak, and the LG program rumoured in being in disaray, I'm just seeing good o' 'Mslacat' gloading over all of this. Adding salt to the wound of two leaving with a rumour of more to come - doomsday approaches, etc., etc., etc. Nothing would benefit his agenda, seemingly, even more than if he could convince everyone about this and initiate an upcoming dismembering all by himself by being so 'trustworthy' and 'magnanimous' a character of, once again, sterling reputation.

For my part, I'll believe it when I see it.

WyomingGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:
I think WGF may be off his meds again.

No, not hardly. I'm on medication for a upcoming kidney stone surgery to take place in Bozeman tomorrow. This after an incident that resulted in double-hernia surgery a year and a half ago that was also contiguous with a snapped ligament in my spine and a crushed L4 (Lumber) vertabrae. You don't want to do this without medication. I'll guarantee ya!!!

It just seems so coincidental that with the departures of a couple members of the LG basketball team from last year; one, mayhaps because of a spinal problem of her own since the days of her high school career, another to play with her sister at NMC that with that aforemention set of circumstances that the Lady bobcats are receiving a couple transfers eligible next year and another from North Dakota that has those over at bobcatnation.com citing that the Lady Bobcat team for next year with be" "off the charts." That 'Mslacat,' a known bobcat commodity in the depths of Grizville in Missoula, comes forth with a so-called 'rumour' that there may be more departures forthcoming for the Lady Griz program. Though not citing reasons for it and having no better than his sterling reputation to vouch for it.

"You don't hear of any transfers coming into the LG program, do ya?"
But three coming into the bobcat program and three rumoured departures from the LG program beyond the known two already cited in Nora Klick and Hailey Nicholson. This leaving the LG program with ten from last year. With another three moving on, supposedly, leaving but seven plus the four incoming recruits. Seems mighty suspicious the timing of all this. With the Bobcat program expected to be "off the Charts," so to speak, and the LG program rumoured in being in disaray, I'm just seeing good o' 'Mslacat' gloading over all of this. Adding salt to the wound of two leaving with a rumour of more to come - doomsday approaches, etc., etc., etc. Nothing would benefit his agenda, seemingly, even more than if he could convince everyone about this and initiate an upcoming dismembering all by himself by being so 'trustworthy' and 'magnanimous' a character of, once again, sterling reputation.

For my part, I'll believe it when I see it.

Except for the fact that Mslacat isn't the only person that has heard the rumbling, and a few others have made mention of it previously, you nailed it....or not.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-state-women-s-basketball-announces-roster-changes/article_676f7363-0410-5f11-9040-b41139f9c20f.html

Maybe there is a conspiracy and WyomingGrizFan is right. You all are talking about 3 Lady Griz players leaving the program, but there are 3 players leaving the MSU bobcat women's team. Is that just a coincidence or what? Maybe the rumors are about the Bobcat women players leaving instead of Lady Griz players.

Anyway, the lady Griz are to guard heavy and could use some of those players to leave so that they could recruit some taller players.

I would assume that a player who will leave is Sierra Anderson who has one year of eligibility left but has finished her undergrad degree and is also nearly done with her MBA. If she stays, it appears that she would have to start another degree. If she leaves, that surely wouldn't indicate a program in turmoil.

I'll offer my two cents here. Five scholarships opened up as a result of Issak graduating, Harris retiring, Valley deciding not to try for her sixth year, and Klick & Nicholson leaving the program. Four of those scholarships are already going to be filled with Jordyn Schweyen, Kylie Froelich, Katie Mayhue, and Carmen Gfeller. Where does it leave that fifth open scholarship?

If I was Shannon, I'd give that last open scholarship to Caitlin Lonergan, because if she's still not on scholarship, I'd say she's earned one with her strong play this season (even though she wasn't eligible until Big Sky play began after Christmas).

MissoulaCanucksFan said:
I'll offer my two cents here. Five scholarships opened up as a result of Issak graduating, Harris retiring, Valley deciding not to try for her sixth year, and Klick & Nicholson leaving the program. Four of those scholarships are already going to be filled with Jordyn Schweyen, Kylie Froelich, Katie Mayhue, and Carmen Gfeller. Where does it leave that fifth open scholarship?

If I was Shannon, I'd give that last open scholarship to Caitlin Lonergan, because if she's still not on scholarship, I'd say she's earned one with her strong play this season (even though she wasn't eligible until Big Sky play began after Christmas).

And if the rumor is true that 3 more Lady Griz are leaving............? And if one of those 3 is Lonergan..........? :?:

Lady Griz players Lonergan and Anderson leave team. Make that 5 that have now left.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/lady-griz-players-lonergan-anderson-leave-team/article_165d9d9f-6b75-51e2-b41b-d63e5acc1bc5.html

maroonandsilver said:
MissoulaCanucksFan said:

And if the rumor is true that 3 more Lady Griz are leaving............? And if one of those 3 is Lonergan..........? :?:

You were saying.....

Damnit.

One could say that Caitlin Lonergan's heart just wasn't into athletics - she dropped the volleyball program at MSU to see if she would find happiness in hoops and it didn't happen. It is noteworthy that she doesn't plan to continue playing - she wants to go the academic route which happens to quite a few athletes who are also strong students.

And, as for Sierra Anderson, she was a very good student who wouldn't have a lot of playing time next year as a 5th year senior - and she already has at least 2 if not 3 degrees. I can see her wanting to get on with life.

The good news is that the nucleus of the team is returning with a lot of experience. Lonergan is a loss on the scoring side and Sierra is a loss in terms of team chemistry.

This certainly means that the new kids will get a lot of playing time, which should make for an interesting year from a fan point of view.

Lonergan wasn't yet on scholarship as I understand it but gaining Sierra Anderson's scholarship is a plus. I do believe that the sun will come up tomorrow.

717s7e said:
One could say that Caitlin Lonergan's heart just wasn't into athletics - she dropped the volleyball program at MSU to see if she would find happiness in hoops and it didn't happen. It is noteworthy that she doesn't plan to continue playing - she wants to go the academic route which happens to quite a few athletes who are also strong students.

The volleyball program dropped her.

717s7e said:

And, as for Sierra Anderson, she was a very good student who wouldn't have a lot of playing time next year as a 5th year senior - and she already has at least 2 if not 3 degrees. I can see her wanting to get on with life.

The good news is that the nucleus of the team is returning with a lot of experience. Lonergan is a loss on the scoring side and Sierra is a loss in terms of team chemistry.

This certainly means that the new kids will get a lot of playing time, which should make for an interesting year from a fan point of view.

Lonergan wasn't yet on scholarship as I understand it but gaining Sierra Anderson's scholarship is a plus. I do believe that the sun will come up tomorrow.

I don't think it was the case that Lonergan's heart wasn't into athletics. I think she came to UM because it offered some classes that could go toward the medical degree she wants while being able to play for the Lady Griz, but now may have to transfer sometime to another school out of state to finish it as no school in Montana has a medical program. I do believe UM offers pre-med courses. Plus the course work is just going to get tougher and she may not have time for basketball.

Anderson is the one I figured wouldn't be coming back.

Speltz wrote at the end of the article "MORE TO COME". Looks like an announcement for the third player rumoured to be leaving will be announced sometime.

so, now we have Valley, Harris, Nicholson, Klick, Issak, Anderson, and Lonergan have left the program. that is 7 players gone (6 scholarship players leaving). 4 are coming in. That should leave 2 scholarships available. Hopefully Shannon can find a couple of players to sign next year. Lady Griz need a couple of players taller than 6'. Emma Stockholm and Abby Anderson are the only 2 players that are coming back that are taller than 6'0". With most players signing during the early signing period, not sure what is left for Shannon to sign.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/volleyball/lonergan-cited-for-shoplifting-before-suspension/article_f4699f06-4ae6-559f-bbae-b159efde5f84.html

SACCAT66 said:
These might not be the last players to leave either....

Perhaps it's time for those who are looking to Shannon to right this sinking ship to look at who is commanding the vessel. :roll:

TrueGriz said:
717s7e said:

I don't think it was the case that Lonergan's heart wasn't into athletics. I think she came to UM because it offered some classes that could go toward the medical degree she wants while being able to play for the Lady Griz, but now may have to transfer sometime to another school out of state to finish it as no school in Montana has a medical program. I do believe UM offers pre-med courses. Plus the course work is just going to get tougher and she may not have time for basketball.

Anderson is the one I figured wouldn't be coming back.

Speltz wrote at the end of the article "MORE TO COME". Looks like an announcement for the third player rumoured to be leaving will be announced sometime.

so, now we have Valley, Harris, Nicholson, Klick, Issak, Anderson, and Lonergan have left the program. that is 7 players gone (6 scholarship players leaving). 4 are coming in. That should leave 2 scholarships available. Hopefully Shannon can find a couple of players to sign next year. Lady Griz need a couple of players taller than 6'. Emma Stockholm and Abby Anderson are the only 2 players that are coming back that are taller than 6'0". With most players signing during the early signing period, not sure what is left for Shannon to sign.

What is left? Any more daughters or descendants of Karen Deden? :lol:

Back