• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz losing 3 players...

WyomingGrizFan said:
Mslacat said:
Grizrunr said:
Any guesses or insight into who the other two players leaving the program are?
I have heard from 3 sources that as of right now up to three additional players could be looking to transfer.

I think this known bobcat fan is just trying to stir up some trouble.

I can actually think of 3 players that could transfer, so he may be right.

WyomingGrizFan said:
Mslacat said:
Grizrunr said:
I have heard from 3 sources that as of right now up to three additional players could be looking to transfer.

I am a Bobcat fan and I am a women's basketball fan. That Said in my 15 or more year off and on posting on Griz boards, I have NEVER posted any thing "Just to stir thing up". What more, this is not a huge secret. Last week when I heard it I talked/communicated with a fair amount of people about it. None of the Griz fans I talked to were surprised. Furthermore all what I would call the true tried Lady Griz supporters knew what was going on. That said from what I her nothing is a done deal yet (at least from what I heard of last Thursday-Friday) and things I am told are still being discussed.

Mslacat said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
Mslacat said:
Grizrunr said:

I am a Bobcat fan and I am a women's basketball fan. That Said in my 15 or more year off and on posting on Griz boards, I have NEVER posted any thing "Just to stir thing up". What more, this is not a huge secret. Last week when I heard it I talked/communicated with a fair amount of people about it. None of the Griz fans I talked to were surprised. Furthermore all what I would call the true tried Lady Griz supporters knew what was going on. That said from what I her nothing is a done deal yet (at least from what I heard of last Thursday-Friday) and things I am told are still being discussed.

Mslacat is a great poster. He is very knowledgeable and IS NOT a pot stirrer. His posts are based on facts or come from trustworthy sources.

Anyone alleging other than that is falsely accusing him. I am surprised and disappointed by WyomingGrizFan’s post. It is not accurate or justifiable. He is better than that.

I look forward to reading any of Mslacat’s posts because of his basketball knowledge and historical accuracy.

I wish we heard a lot more from mslacat on egriz. He has been a good and accurate source of recruiting news for a long time.! :thumb:

Mslacat said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
Mslacat said:
Grizrunr said:

Your info is not off base at all. ONe of the three your talking about has already informed the coaching staff. The other major one has not, and, while she is considering leaving UM, if she does, she will NOT be transferring to MSU, even though those rumors are out there. I have that on very, very good authority.

Since there is a ridiculous amount leaving, can anyone share the reasons rumored? Or is that special secret sauce like everything else on here now?

AZDoc said:
Since there is a ridiculous amount leaving, can anyone share the reasons rumored? Or is that special secret sauce like everything else on here now?

No doubt, why don't you gossip girls just come out and say who you think is considering leaving. What's the issue or drama with that? If we as fans know all of a sudden it's s bigger deal?

I have heard this as well. It would be very unfair to players to mention their names in case they decide to stay. Hopefully things will be resolved and they will continue their career as Lady Griz. If not, they are making a decision for their best interest at which time their name(s) will be known. This should play out fairly soon.

go96griz said:
I have heard this as well. It would be very unfair to players to mention their names in case they decide to stay. Hopefully things will be resolved and they will continue their career as Lady Griz. If not, they are making a decision for their best interest at which time their name(s) will be known. This should play out fairly soon.

I disagree because this is a message board, and holy crap if people transfer or don't because they were mentioned on a message board, they have other/bigger problems. Interesting that it certainly didn't surprise me that Lars is leaving. I think Nico may as well, but that's me. Someone also mentioned that the big dude may be looking also. I never want players to leave any team, but how does it harm anyone involved to mention names. Nobody is being called out...called names...or ostracized because they are mentioned on a board. Those of us that aren't in Missoula or don't know some of the other teams as well as others still would like to know what's happening and if it's worth giving money to certain areas or others based on things happening. Sorry...didn't sleep well last night and the morning workout wasn't great...had to vent. Probably some pent up anger about not hearing anything about football other than freaking jumping jacks...

AZDoc said:
go96griz said:

I disagree because this is a message board, and holy crap if people transfer or don't because they were mentioned on a message board, they have other/bigger problems. Interesting that it certainly didn't surprise me that Lars is leaving. I think Nico may as well, but that's me. Someone also mentioned that the big dude may be looking also. I never want players to leave any team, but how does it harm anyone involved to mention names. Nobody is being called out...called names...or ostracized because they are mentioned on a board. Those of us that aren't in Missoula or don't know some of the other teams as well as others still would like to know what's happening and if it's worth giving money to certain areas or others based on things happening. Sorry...didn't sleep well last night and the morning workout wasn't great...had to vent. Probably some pent up anger about not hearing anything about football other than freaking jumping jacks...

I agree with you completely. It's been mentioned on the men's side of a couple folks possibly leaving already, Karl Nicholas being one of them, and there's no drama around that....it is what it is. If he ends up leaving I'll be bummed. If he ends up staying I'll be excited. I won't look at him differently should he choose to stay.

The bottom line is we as fans have no influence on these kids' decisions. They are either going to stay because of friends, teammates, coaches and family or they are going to choose a different path which they feel is best for them...and more power to them. I think there's more harm in the gossips than there is coming out with it.

Mslacat said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
Mslacat said:
Grizrunr said:

I heartily concur with Mslacat. One of the best informed people we have on this board, and a model of civility as well. I'm always eager to read his posts.

Maybe it isn't all sunshine and daisy's and we are seeing the impact of a different head coaching style and personality and the impact of an abrupt coaching change. The past two years haven't been easy, with the myriad of injuries and the changes in staff and personnel. There are always going to be bumps in the road when you lose a coach who had been the program for roughly 40 years. Whether it is players or coaches, or a mixture of both, there were bound to be some potholes.

This is also pure speculation. Maybe we are all up shit-creek without a paddle. Just weird to be dealing with this type of stuff within the womens program. Maybe that is why we are apt to hold things back before we say something. I don't know.

You all know how I feel about the Lady Griz, and why I can no longer support them. No matter some exceptional young talent in the wings, given our limited recruiting horizons, the sun for me set on this program a long time ago.

Maybe that is a perfectly good conversation to have Citay. There is NO reason why that several programs have passed the UM by in recent years in the conference. This is no longer an issue of injury bugs, or down classes, but rather what the womens program could be versus where it is right now. That isn't a Shannon problem, or a Robin problem but rather what fans are or not happy with.

Yeah, sorry for being so off base, there. I should of known that all good o' 'Mslacat' has to do is sit around the Stockman's, Red's, the Missoula Club, etc., etc., etc., and he's in the know on everything, anywhere and everywhere. I should have known that all members of the University of Montana Athletic Department goes through good 'o ' 'Mslacat' down at the Missoula Club in order to make certain all bases are touched, etc., etc., etc. I mean, who else would know? Being that everyone in Missoula is on the finer details of how any athlete wipes his butt, etc., etc., etc. Yeah, reputation really means a hell of a lot. Especially if you don't have anything backing you up. Right. I keep forgetting that about the fantasyville over there in Missoula and all.

"Conditioning their wind by blowing the froth off of their beer." A true mark of there he goes: he's the one in the know, oh o-o-o-o...

I didn't know all athletes have got 'Mslacat's' phone number and tell him first and foremost about what's going down before they tell themselves and their very own parents.

WyomingGrizFan said:
Yeah, sorry for being so off base, there. I should of known that all good o' 'Mslacat' has to do is sit around the Stockman's, Red's, the Missoula Club, etc., etc., etc., and he's in the know on everything, anywhere and everywhere. I should have known that all members of the University of Montana Athletic Department goes through good 'o ' 'Mslacat' down at the Missoula Club in order to make certain all bases are touched, etc., etc., etc. I mean, who else would know? Being that everyone in Missoula is on the finer details of how any athlete wipes his butt, etc., etc., etc. Yeah, reputation really means a hell of a lot. Especially if you don't have anything backing you up. Right. I keep forgetting that about the fantasyville over there in Missoula and all.

"Conditioning their wind by blowing the froth off of their beer." A true mark of there he goes: he's the one in the know, oh o-o-o-o...

I didn't know all athletes have got 'Mslacat's' phone number and tell him first and foremost about what's going down before they tell themselves and their very own parents.

WOW...

WyomingGrizFan said:

Maybe sit the next few plays out

WyomingGrizFan said:

Defensive much? What happened to the objectivity that you used to demonstrate?

WyomingGrizFan said:

Wow. Sounds like he jilted you.

WyomingGrizFan said:

What is your problem?

Back