• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Week 4: EWU @ Montana Game Thread

Who wins this game?

• Montana (2-1)

Votes: 64 72.7%
  • #11 EWU (1-2)

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Bobcats Suck

Votes: 60 68.2%

• Total voters
AZDoc said:
UMcheer2000 said:
This is on Stitt.

All those stupid passes to the flat, playing conservative when we get into the RZ and Semore isn’t soing a good job teaching the defense how to actually tackle.

EWoo runs a lot of stupid passes to the flat...hence one guy with 37 catches. Oh, and Griz defense igets gassed...wonder who uses that idea?

:lol: :clap:

Screamin_Eagle174 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Looks like the Beagles brought FG's to a TD party! Lol

Looks like UM brought a 1st half game to a 2nd half game. :thumb:

Looks like you can go back to your meth shanty. How's business these days? Is selling to grade schoolers panning out for you?

I am not going to sugar coat the second half defense, but the same old poor special teams play and drops by receivers played a solid part in the third quarter collapse.

Stitt offense is scoring enough points to win games....his boy Semores defense is not getting it done. Any time we score 40+ we should win the game that's the bottom line. I don't care when the points come. We're scoring more than enough that we should be winning

HelenaHandBasket said:
I am not going to sugar coat the second half defense, but the same old poor special teams play and drops by receivers played a solid part in the third quarter collapse.

Yep. Agreed 100%.

Couldn’t believe fans deserting the team at the end. All they needed was a TD , which they got, and a successful onside kick recovery, which sadly they didn’t. Stadium was at least half empty when they got the final TD. Some fans...

AZGrizFan said:
Screamin_Eagle174 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Bring it on, f***[*]. I deserve that one. :oops:
:lol: Kudos.

Annoying game all-around. I don't have a lot of faith in the new EWU coaching staff yet... way too many shit "launch and pray" whiffed tackles, overthrows by Gubrud and botched protections/coverages. Happy for the outcome, but JFC what a frustrating game for both sides. Hope both teams improve and see each other in the playoffs.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Stitt offense is scoring enough points to win games....his boy Semores defense is not getting it done. Any time we score 40+ we should win the game that's the bottom line. I don't care when the points come. We're scoring more than enough that we should be winning

Screamin_Eagle174 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Screamin_Eagle174 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Annoying game all-around. I don't have a lot of faith in the new EWU coaching staff yet... way too many shit "launch and pray" whiffed tackles, overthrows by Gubrud and botched protections/coverages. Happy for the outcome, but JFC what a frustrating game for both sides. Hope both teams improve and see each other in the playoffs.

I'd kill to have your "problems." At least your staff wasn't just owned by a first time head coach like ours.

PDXGrizzly said:
Screamin_Eagle174 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Screamin_Eagle174 said:

I'd kill to have your "problems." At least your staff wasn't just owned by a first time head coach like ours.

Yeah, well we seem to be improving some, but had you seen our Texas Tech and NDSU games it'd give you a different perspective. Anyway, glad to get the win. Good luck the rest of the way.

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
GrizLA said:
I am impressed that a school like Eastern Washington, with nothing to recommend it, has been able to match the University of Montana routinely. How do you develop such a winning record being a school that few heard of and even fewer would want to attend. They are doing something very right.

This is an excellent question, which will likely be buried in a game thread. Please re-formulate as a stand-alone thread...I'm curious too.

Either EWU is just under the radar and is solid all around, or just maybe UM isn't that special of a school?

Bear Axed said:
Well I just joined the Bobby H. Club
Giving up 6 in one half then 41 in the next did it.

Come on! You have a new QB taking over in a big game, who puts up 41 on a ranked team? It looks bad tonight, but tomorrow you're going to feel better about the team and the coaches! Hang in there little brother there is much more to play for!

If Stitt wants to run this high octane/make or break offense, he needs depth on defense. Way too much pressure on D with that sort of O. D had to be exhausted.

Can't believe you peeps can't see/understand this. Zero sustained drives and lots of quick/3 and out possessions. His O phulilosphy might, might work with D depth.

footballdood said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
GrizLA said:
I am impressed that a school like Eastern Washington, with nothing to recommend it, has been able to match the University of Montana routinely. How do you develop such a winning record being a school that few heard of and even fewer would want to attend. They are doing something very right.

This is an excellent question, which will likely be buried in a game thread. Please re-formulate as a stand-alone thread...I'm curious too.

Either EWU is just under the radar and is solid all around, or just maybe UM isn't that special of a school?

I say this with zero irony, Eastern is a great place to go to school. I went to graduate school at UW, and I couldn't imagine going to college there for four years. Cheney/Spokane is an awesome community despite some egrizzers hypocritical meth jokes. The school is a good size, campus is nice and it's a a great value. And my degree has taken me to great places professionally and educationally. It's a great day to be an Eagle!

I looooove watching other FCS teams celebrating on our field! Our brand had really grown over the past 8 years!!!!

Back