• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Week 4: EWU @ Montana Game Thread

Who wins this game?

• Montana (2-1)

Votes: 64 72.7%
  • #11 EWU (1-2)

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Bobcats Suck

Votes: 60 68.2%

• Total voters
Crazy game. Just wanted to come by and say I'm not looking forward to dealing with Jensen for 3 more years. He's gonna be real good. Also- FTG!

Plainsman said:
grizd said:
Plainsman said:
One bright spot - we put up 41 on the no. 11 team in the country. Unfortunately skewed too much to one half.
That lost by 30 to NDSU.
Hey, I,m just trying like hell to find a bright spot to end the night on!!!!!
Just looked at the final stats: The Griz absolutely stuffed the run ... only gave up 68 yards rushing. But when the secondary can't cover -- pretty much anybody -- the opponent doesn't need the run. Almost 550 yards passing given up.

I'd like to see what this team can do with another defensive coordinator. Tough as this loss was, I see a lot of young talent out there on the offensive side of the ball and Stitt brought most of these young guys in. His recruiting has been pretty good, it seems to me.

FormerEag said:
Crazy game. Just wanted to come by and say I'm not looking forward to dealing with Jensen for 3 more years. He's gonna be real good. Also- FTG!

Give the kid some credit, first start for the kid, plus his passes were nice, but the receivers could not haul them in.

FormerEag said:
FTE

That might be the whiskey talking but I doubt it

AZGrizFan said:
Love how the votes at the top of this thread are changing as the game progresses...
The top of this thread? Meaning first half? If so, there are two halves, and good coaches make adjustments.....good coaches coach discipline and finishing the job. Good coaches.........well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FormerEag said:

Solid post

UMcheer2000 said:
This is on Stitt.

All those stupid passes to the flat, playing conservative when we get into the RZ and Semore isn’t soing a good job teaching the defense how to actually tackle.

EWoo runs a lot of stupid passes to the flat...hence one guy with 37 catches. Oh, and Griz defense igets gassed...wonder who uses that idea?

I really think Stitt makes decisions on offense based on what the defense is able/not able to do. His worst move in three years was keeping Semore over Ty. My thought at this point is that it is going to be easier to replace a DC than it will be an entire offensive scheme, so it will be interesting to see if he is loyal to a fault, or if he will make a deal with Kent at the end of the year to stay on with a new DC. The sad thing is is there is talent on the defensive side of the ball. It is going to be an interesting rest of the year. Go Griz!

Offense hasn't looked as good as it did against NDSU since Sitts first game ever. I think he's gotta can his boy at D Coordinator or else it could be the death of Stitt.

bigtyme said:
I really think Stitt makes decisions on offense based on what the defense is able/not able to do. His worst move in three years was keeping Semore over Ty. My thought at this point is that it is going to be easier to replace a DC than it will be an entire offensive scheme, so it will be interesting to see if he is loyal to a fault, or if he will make a deal with Kent at the end of the year to stay on with a new DC. The sad thing is is there is talent on the defensive side of the ball. It is going to be an interesting rest of the year. Go Griz!

There was too much friction with TG, the outcome if he stayed would have turned out poorly also.

Hate to pile on, but Semore is an idiot. Listening to him in the pre-game interviews is reliably cringe-worthy. This is not the man that we want master-minding 2nd half adjustments.

HelenaHandBasket said:
How the game progressed was crazy, but are people really surprised by the ultimate outcome?

I think the false-hope at halftime made it more brutal when it unraveled.

HelenaHandBasket said:
How the game progressed was crazy, but are people really surprised by the ultimate outcome?

Actually a great point and the answer is no. The pain comes from the score at half. If this would have been a dog fight from kickoff the end of game - fans would not be as pissed IMO

Back