• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Week 10 vs Idaho State Game Thread

Who wins this one?

• #19 Montana (5-3)

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Idaho State (2-6)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Bobcats suck... A lot.

Votes: 36 80.0%

• Total voters
IdaGriz01 said:
Fahque said:
Maybe they will let Egriz choose who starts next week [emoji23]
I'm not "expert" enough to figure whether the Griz lack the right personnel in the secondary or it's about "schemes." Might be a little of both, but it just seems like the Griz DBs simply aren't quick/athletic/skilled enough to be "put on an island" in coverage.
I think it's scheme.... too much man coverage and our dbs aren't good enough to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our young D backs weren't that great in man coverage in the early games of the year. We just faced QBs who could not get the ball to their receivers. Once we ran into QBs who could do so, we began to see weaknesses in using man coverage the vast majority of the time. I think now that Semore realizes we need to have effective zone coverage capabilities as well, it seems the D backs are on a learning curve they have not yet mastered. Plus our safety play hasn't been stellar against the pass.

cowboywayne said:
Fahque said:
Why? Can't? We? Tackle?

No tackling in practice could be part of the problem. You play like you practice and from what I hear they don't go 100%
Yeah I remember Stitt saying that they wouldn't go 100% contact in practices

ISUFinal.jpg

Was is Semenza or Purdy who missed the XP? Stats on ESPN show it was Purdy but I thought it was Semenza

I thought Purdy kicked them all....the miss was on snapper, he nailed the others solidly. Now if we could just get a kick return past the 30 and hold their returners. Punter doing well and good fielding of them tonight.

Back