• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Official 2015 ALLATOONA BUCS football thread!!!

Right NOW HUUUGE SHOWDOWN between the 2 best teams in the region ALLATOONA at south paulding friday night 5:30 pm

EverettGriz said:
When do we play a Paulding? It's been years and years since we've played a Paulding.....

I understand your pain... Make a Chart... East Paulding is the one that is talked about here and someone thinks that southerner is gonna bring em back and cant come to grips that there will be no more glory(the rival)... North Paulding is out of the region.. South Paulding is the best of the bunch and real team to beat.. While paulding county is a bottom feeder... Feel free to check on this post till your chart is made

I'm not going to comment until the semis, except to say that, unless Coach Varner shows he can win a big game, Bobby Hauck will be the next head coach of the Allatoona Bucs.

You heard it here first!

P.S. - All of the Pauldings suck! You are obsessed with the Pauldings and their good looks and massive wealth and their good hair, Everett. Just admit it!

AllWeatherFan said:
I'm not going to comment until the semis, except to say that, unless Coach Varner shows he can win a big game, Bobby Hauck will be the next head coach of the Allatoona Bucs.

You heard it here first!

Best part of this? Big G will start posting in this thread!

The difference between Hauck and Varner is that Hauck had the best talent and made it to the Title game... Allatoona talent level on talent alone is not top 15 in 5A if he went to Kennesaw State then Allatoona would fade and not make run in the playoffs while Kennesaw state would become a FCS power... Kennesaw St is coming thier 1st year of games and will be a force within 3 years But All weather Just doesnt do his research and loves being negative BUT we welcome you to the ALLATOONA BUC FAMILY!!!!

No, Kev, you don't do YOUR research!

Who defended Allatoona against the scurrilous statements made by Ursa Major? AWF did!
Who predicted 87-0 Allatoona victories all season long? Yep, AWF!
Who defended the honor of the women of our town against the skeezy advances of said Ursa? Mmm hmm.
Who sent a $37 million donation for Allatoona's stadium upgrade? You got it, AWF!

And then Coach Varner lets me down in the big game! Who wouldn't be cynical? I'm just saying, if this season follows the same path, we're gonna get the fellas together like on Friday Night Lights and have a little meetin' about Coach Varner's (or should I say Coach Hauck's) future!

I stand corrected about the first part but you still seem to believe all the talent level is equal But Bringing Allatoona from ground zero to a final 4 is a miracle and if you think losing in the final 4 is losing every big game he has been in then well you are a clueless wonder. And if you think going in the elite 8 and lsoing this year to a ware team or one of the top is failing then yes you are a clueless wonder. Your statement about losing in the big game just means 31 coaches failed last year in the tournament and That would make you a clueless wonder and You are the type of person that would say if Buffalo lost in the superbowl then they are a failure. So thank you for your support of the Allatoona BUCS,I wish you could enjoy week by week instead of waitning for a playoff loss and then Jump on Allatoona calling em choke artists... Just like no one remembers how superlucky catch led to Allatoona losing in the final4 BUT you do know about that by doing your research.... WAHOOOOOOO Love ya AWS thank you for all your donations and continue support of listening to every BUC game even though you were invited to many tailgates here in Missoula but never did show up. Now tailgates are only once a month due to U of M budget cuts BUT if You want a FREE soda or juice come on down to New skaggs between 4-5:15 and I will hook you up and then we will cross the parking lot to ISB to listen to our BUCS roll over South paulding friday night .. Are ya up for it??????

This is so typical and everyone in 5A saw this one coming. One beat down by EP and suddenly the Allatoona 17 are at each other's throats. It's laughable. I would suggest that you guys show a little class but this is typical of your bandwagon fan base. By game 5 your "stadium" will be half filled and AWF Field will once again be best known for hosting middle school regional track meets. In another two years your alumni will again reply to the question of where did you go to high school at with the familiar, "Just Allatoona." East Paulding has a tradition of excellence and has the hardware to prove it. Our all new "Victors Center" will be a showcase of the many 5A championships we have won along with our vast array of Great Clip's Olympic medals. I almost feel sorry for you guys. But then again, you're the ones that hired the Yankee!

Funny post we shall see.... Allatoona Football basketball baseball lacrosse will all be better than EP but hey EP can live in the past.. LOVE the passion AWF and Halimon is ready to bring home the state title before bringing a pac 12 title to Arizona.... Lets get back on track Allatoona at S Paulding is a Monster match up and that's what we should discuss here Friday at new skaggs... Not sure who east plays

Ursa Major said:
This is so typical and everyone in 5A saw this one coming. One beat down by EP and suddenly the Allatoona 17 are at each other's throats. It's laughable. I would suggest that you guys show a little class but this is typical of your bandwagon fan base. By game 5 your "stadium" will be half filled and AWF Field will once again be best known for hosting middle school regional track meets. In another two years your alumni will again reply to the question of where did you go to high school at with the familiar, "Just Allatoona." East Paulding has a tradition of excellence and has the hardware to prove it. Our all new "Victors Center" will be a showcase of the many 5A championships we have won along with our vast array of Great Clip's Olympic medals. I almost feel sorry for you guys. But then again, you're the ones that hired the Yankee!

AllWeatherFan said:
P.S. - All of the Pauldings suck! You are obsessed with the Pauldings and their good looks and massive wealth and their good hair, Everett. Just admit it!

Wrong!! They don't ALL suck.

Eastern Corner Midwest Uplands North County Paulding is pretty decent.

Tonight 5:30 PM!!!!! Big time battle ALLATOONA at south paulding.... listen here.... http://georgiaprepsportsnetwork.com/

Our BUCS trailed 3-0 and S Paulding scores TD then mishandles the snap but ends throwing for 2 pts South Paulding 11-0.... WIth less than 2 minutes before the half on 3rd down from the 50 our Bucs get sacked BUT there is an unsportsmanlike conduct call and ejection on SP... Our bucs drive it to the 1 ft line with clock running :15 after 1st down and no timeouts tick ticktick but clock malfunction so a delay then :08 is on clock and running QB sneak TD or nothing... it was a TD so SP led 11-7 at the half.. Bucs 3rd n ft from 3 in 3rd run for -4 settle for FG down 11-10 later 3rd. But was discovered as the guarantee 10+ yard play whenever you want was counter play to Holimon. BUCS take over boom TD on 36yard counter... 2 pter on counter... 18-11 then with 4 min left BOOM sack BUCS recover at won 48.. counter boom Qb run BOOM and BOOM 25-11 1:37 left.. Then BOOM SP 80 yard TD pass 25-18 BUCS lead and SP with 2 timeouts left.. 10 men on the field so SP calls timeout.. so now they ready to onside kick right... WRONG delay of game SP.. then onside kick was loose BUCS recover!!!! OUR ALLATOONA BUCS win a HUUUUGE road game 25-18!!!!

DOUGLASVILLE — It was a playoff-like atmosphere Friday night as Allatoona and South Paulding squared off in a crucial Region 5AAAAA.

The teams did not disappoint.

Trailing the whole game, Allatoona scored two fourth-quarter touchdowns, propelling the Buccaneers to a 25-18 road victory.

The win put Allatoona (4-1, 3-1) in the region title hunt after knocking off South Paulding (3-1, 2-1), which came into the game ranked 10th in Class AAAAA by the Georgia Sports Writers Association.

“This was big,” Allatoona coach Gary Varner said. “Our kids are resilient. Our kids believed the whole time, and they kept saying, ‘We’re going to get it done,’ and they just came through.”

Both offenses were effective to start the game as each side reached the red zone in the first quarter.

Allatoona ran the ball seven times on its first possession before getting stuffed on fourth down at the South Paulding 15-yard line. The Spartans, meanwhile, turned that turnover into a field goal, marching 79 yards in 13 plays to set up Marielle Serge’s 20-yard kick.

Allatoona helped South Paulding out again two possessions later when Brandon Rainey’s pass was deflected and intercepted inside the Buccaneers’ 35-yard line. The Spartans scored five plays later, taking an 11-0 lead and sending the home crowd into a frenzy.

“It was a great high school atmosphere,” Varner said. “(The noise) definitely threw us off in the first quarter, but we adjusted and handled it well in the second half.”

South Paulding had a lot of success in the short passing game in the first half, collecting 106 yards through the air before halftime. The Allatoona defense buckled down in the second half, however, giving up only 66 yards before an 80-yard touchdown on the Spartans’ last possession ended a 33-minute scoring drought.

“We made some adjustments at half, didn’t panic and held on in the end,” Allatoona defensive coordinator Troy Petersen said. “At first, we gave them more cushion than we probably should have, but we played tighter coverage and forced them to beat us deep (in the second half).”

As Allatoona trailed 11-10 in the fourth, star running back Russell Halimon put the team on his back, leading a six-play drive that included rushes of 17 and 15 yards before breaking a 33-yard touchdown to give his Buccaneers their first lead of the evening with only 7 minutes left.

Two more long runs on the next possession set the Buccaneers up at the goal line before Rainey finished the drive with a 1-yard touchdown dive to seal the game.

Allatoona will now enjoy a week off before hosting Alexander on Oct. 2.

OUR BUCS have the week off. So sit back relax enjoy homecoming and the start of the GRIZ run thru the Big sky with ease... Once again thank you for your support in all things ALLATOONA!!!

ALLATOONA 4-1(3-1 in lgue) host alexander 3-0... Obviously its a HUUGE game for the standings. But realize Alexander beat the 3 bottom dwellers of the region So Our BUCS will welcome these guys to the BIG TIME!!!!

Side note if SP EP and ALLATOONA finnish 9-1 South paulding wins the score differential tiebbreaker between the3 . That slip by the safety on Allatoona that allowed SP to score late to lose 25-18 could be big,BUT a lot of football to be played... The tiebreaker for 3 favors SP then its head to head for 2nd which would give ep#2 and Bucs 3...

SO strap it up Alexander at ALLATOONA Friday night 5:30.....

It was really nice to not have to deal with the stress of a Buck game this past week.

Hey, who does South Central Midcontinent Paulding have this week. I picture them as something of a sleeper.

They take on west Podunk center who is not eligible for the playoffs this year.

EverettGriz said:
It was really nice to not have to deal with the stress of a Buck game this past week.

Hey, who does South Central Midcontinent Paulding have this week. I picture them as something of a sleeper.

Back