• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2021 Griz Offer Jace Klucewich transferring to Sentinel

Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/1220141313405833217

AKA "I'm going to put in a senior season at a AA school to try to get a Power-5 or MW FBS scholly offer. I'll also be committed to the Griz while this is happening in the fall of 2020. Probably commit to UM late spring/early summer of 2020."

Did I mention Jace is 99.99% going to be a Griz?

mtgrizrule said:
How much will Sentinel be fined this time?

Who cares? He’s a great athlete trying to get looks. With open enrollment it is what it is. I wish the kid the best and him and Dayton Bay connection will be sweet. It will be fun to watch. I hope he commits.

dayday said:
mtgrizrule said:

Who cares? He’s a great athlete trying to get looks. With open enrollment it is what it is. I wish the kid the best and him and Dayton Bay connection will be sweet. It will be fun to watch. I hope he commits.

In this day and age that word is meaningless.

grizpack said:
mtgrizrule said:

The same as Hellgate was a few years ago for their basketball recruits......

A few years ago? They may have more out-of-district kids on their teams than in-district. Their second leading scorer led Big Sky in scoring last year (and almost the state). That said, I don't oppose this. It seems to me it is in the kids' best interest to allow this.

astutegriz said:
grizpack said:
mtgrizrule said:

A few years ago? They may have more out-of-district kids on their teams than in-district. Their second leading scorer led Big Sky in scoring last year (and almost the state). That said, I don't oppose this. It seems to me it is in the kids' best interest to allow this.
How about the interests of the in-district kids that get displaced?

kemajic said:
astutegriz said:
grizpack said:
mtgrizrule said:

Nobody gets denied entrance to the school in their district, so I assume you mean the one that now doesn't make the team? I guess they can transfer too if sports are so important to them. But somebody from the first school that the kid transferred from will now make the team. So, if the first kid doesn't transfer, they get displaced. It's a zero-sum gain on your argument. Transferring at least allows some kids an option to get out of a bad situation or those whose priorities are such, to follow them.

Cut sports suck.

kemajic said:
astutegriz said:
grizpack said:
mtgrizrule said:

They don’t get displaced. They still get to go to school if they are not good enough to beat a kid transferring in that’s life. I think it’s soft to say kids are being displaced. They can go compete and be a team player and if it’s really a big issue they can always transfer themselves.

dayday said:
kemajic said:
astutegriz said:
grizpack said:

They don’t get displaced. They still get to go to school if they are not good enough to beat a kid transferring in that’s life. I think it’s soft to say kids are being displaced. They can go compete and be a team player and if it’s really a big issue they can always transfer themselves.
If that lame argument makes you feel fine. It's the displaced player's parents that are paying the taxes to support the district.

dayday said:
kemajic said:
astutegriz said:
grizpack said:

Great post. This has been the situation in Bozeman forever. Huge school. Many good kids get cut in all sports every year. It's life. If sports are so important, move to a school in which you're guaranteed to play. Or get better.

With the 2nd school opening here next year you're already seeing it. Parents lobbying other parents to move or do whatever necessary to get their kids on the same team at the same school. Someone needs to remind these parents we're talking about high school sports in Montana. Lol.

To be clear, I don't have an issue with it. It's not my parenting style but I won't fault someone for trying to do what they think is best for their kids. Just not for me. You want to make the team? Be good enough. Put the work in. If you don't, find something else that makes you happy. You're most likely not getting a scholarship like the other 93% of the kids. So play as long as it's fun and when it's not, become a fan like the rest of us!

Coach Oliver deserves a shout-out for the program he has built at Sentinel. Last I checked, there were more Sentinel recruits on the Griz roster than from any other HS. And we will likely get at least one more next year.

I believe the cats have a couple, too. In fact, Klucewich may not be the most sought after Sentinel recruit next year. They got a big OL whose bro plays for the cats, but I think the kid is getting some attention from out-of-state. I heard Yale and ASU.

I had to double check those receiving stats and they appear correct.
Kid was averaging 28yds/catch and only had 20 receptions?!?
He was 6th in class A for receiving yards but had 13 less receptions then the WR in the 13th spot.
WITLF? I must be missing something. How does the Frenchtown coach sleep at night? Seriously. Even if he’s running the boobcat offense with a boobcat QB, you still gotta get more passes to this kid somehow

I put the over/under at 3.5 games for Klucewich to get 20 receptions in Oliver’s system. And I would bet the under.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.hudl.com/profile/8606752&ved=2ahUKEwjH3cqP1KLnAhVFXM0KHSKABR0QFjACegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3VwNWRfFEhWOiQZe_0Wr9y&cshid=1580089827785
Watching his highlites everything about this kid says wow!!!
I'm surprised a mwc team hasn't come knocking. I wonder what position he plays in college, looks likes he's a hitter in the secondary, and very explosive on offense, a threat to take it to the house every time. Just watch him run.
If he goes to Montana you guys have a very special talent coming in.

Back