• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hopefully the transfer Portal will deliver a QB

GrizSpartan

DONOR
I believe we have the makings of maybe the best Griz team we have had in a very long time next year.
I like what we have on board as QBs. However, with kids transferring all the time, it seems like we may be able to land one more QB with experience. I don't like the health outlook for the JC transfer, Cam has some limitations, and Brown has no experience. If we could get a QB a little better than Snead then it could open lots of opportunities for us next year.

Care to add some thoughts?

GrizSpartan said:
I believe we have the makings of maybe the best Griz team we have had in a very long time next year.
I like what we have on board as QBs. However, with kids transferring all the time, it seems like we may be able to land one more QB with experience. I don't like the health outlook for the JC transfer, Cam has some limitations, and Brown has no experience. If we could get a QB a little better than Snead then it could open lots of opportunities for us next year.

So you’re asking...if we could land a QB that’s better than any QB in our roster...would we be a better team? Yes?.... if we got a better QB than we have currently then the team would be better. My guess is...we aren’t looking and we will not add another QB unless one comes up late that has good connections with our coaches

GrizSpartan said:

This is an odd statement. Are you close to Patterson or his family? Just asking because I haven't seen anything public other than the one article where he himself spoke about his injury. Hauck said in the signing day presser he's enrolled and will be in winter conditioning and spring ball. I'm wondering where the info to the contrary is?

Also, the Griz would add one quarterback in particular. Otherwise, probably not.

George Ferguson said:
GrizSpartan said:

This is an odd statement. Are you close to Patterson or his family? Just asking because I haven't seen anything public other than the one article where he himself spoke about his injury. Hauck said in the signing day presser he's enrolled and will be in winter conditioning and spring ball. I'm wondering where the info to the contrary is?

Also, the Griz would add one quarterback in particular. Otherwise, probably not.

I’m assuming you’re referring to Sirmon from UW.

I just know that our offensive returners are really strong. I want us to be able to have a QB as good as our returning O talent...or better. Since there are no clear answers at this point a good drop down sounds great...maybe another Craig Ochs? Ha!

GrizSpartan said:
I just know that our offensive returners are really strong. I want us to be able to have a QB as good as our returning O talent...or better. Since there are no clear answers at this point a good drop down sounds great...maybe another Craig Ochs? Ha!

Yeah, I am hoping for a Lamar Jackson type too.

grizindabox said:
GrizSpartan said:

Yeah, I am hoping for a Lamar Jackson type too.

Why? We have enough wide receivers.

I’m kidding.

GrizSpartan said:

We don't need a QB better than a healthy Sneed.

Where can I go to see the Transfer Portal? Is that only available to the college Staff, and ADs'??

AZGrizFan said:
George Ferguson said:
GrizSpartan said:

I read somewhere that u dubs starting qb is entering the draft... That makes sirmon less likely.

Griz#64 said:
Where can I go to see the Transfer Portal? Is that only available to the college Staff, and ADs'??
Not quite the transfer portal, but pretty close. They do a good job of updating it.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/TransferPortal/

codycleve said:
AZGrizFan said:
George Ferguson said:
GrizSpartan said:

I read somewhere that u dubs starting qb is entering the draft... That makes sirmon less likely.

Maybe so, but the consensus is that Sirmon is not the front runner to be the starter.

Griz til I die said:
Griz#64 said:
Not quite the transfer portal, but pretty close. They do a good job of updating it.

I don't see a lot of FCS stuff there.

kemajic said:
Griz til I die said:
Griz#64 said:

I don't see a lot of FCS stuff there.
Ya unfortunately, they don’t really track FCS that well. If you go and look at a team like NC State, you can see there’s a few going to MSU and NAU, but that’s about all they track for FCS. I can’t find a link that tracks FCS kids leaving their respective schools.

A comment made by new UW head coach today.

Dave “Softy” Mahler
@Softykjr
"Moving forward, there could always be some action with that QB position.." -Jimmy Lake on adding a transfer at QB

Back