• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

One last wish for this year-DT

GrizSpartan

DONOR
As I look at the roster it seems like we need one more defensive tackle to compliment the guys we have in that position already...which appears in short supply. If we can land one more solid drop down DT, I think we will surprise many folks. When we were on top, we usually had a rotation that worked in the center of the D-line. Good playable DTs are not real easy to find, but Bobby has a few connections which may help.

GrizSpartan said:
...one more defensive tackle to compliment the guys...

:thumb: I agree wholeheartedly. One more DT would be the ideal complement.

Or we could just hire a professional complimentor. “Nice tackle” “Good hustle” “You sure have a purty mouthguard” “You look mighty good in them football pants” “You make the football squeal like a pigskin”

astutegriz said:
GrizSpartan said:
...one more defensive tackle to compliment the guys...

:thumb: I agree wholeheartedly. One more DT would be the ideal complement.

Or we could just hire a professional complimentor. “Nice tackle” “Good hustle” “You sure have a pretty mouthguard” “You look mighty good in them football pants” “You make the football squeal like a pigskin”

I think you’re referring to coach Delaney, but I could be mistaken.

I don’t think it’s in the cards at this point and I do think we will be good there with Sims, Alford, Deming and Gubner in that 3 man front with a buck end.

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Do we NOT have enough O-linemen now to move Angel back to the defensive side?

I think you meant Longoria

Yes, sorry.

I think it’s definitely going to be a discussion with the staff, I just don’t see him making the field as a guard anytime soon. Much better chance on the defensive side.

dayday said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Do we NOT have enough O-linemen now to move Angel back to the defensive side?

Yes, sorry.

I think it’s definitely going to be a discussion with the staff, I just don’t see him making the field as a guard anytime soon. Much better chance on the defensive side.

Agreed, now they have guard depth so it’s time to move him back to fill DT depth.

go96griz said:
dayday said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:

Yes, sorry.

Agreed, now they have guard depth so it’s time to move him back to fill DT depth.

I hope so. That immediately fills a position of need, and with Pillans and Mallory in the fold, I think we're good at O-line for now...

I wished for a big DT before the season started. But I really like the play of Gubner & Alford. I think we'll be fine there going forward. Obviously the more big bodies in the middle the better, but those young fellas have really stepped it up.

AZGrizFan said:
I wished for a big DT before the season started. But I really like the play of Gubner & Alford. I think we'll be fine there going forward. Obviously the more big bodies in the middle the better, but those young fellas have really stepped it up.

They have, but I’d still like to see a dominant DT. I wouldn’t call them dominant, but serviceable

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

They have, but I’d still like to see a dominant DT. I wouldn’t call them dominant, but serviceable

Not dominant, but also very young. They’re going to get nothing but bigger and stronger.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Not dominant, but also very young. They’re going to get nothing but bigger and stronger.
I still hope for a couple young Defensive Tackles, and Cornerbacks, to round out this recruiting class.

Maybe if I keep wishing, we'll land one. Not that I don't like the upside of Alford & Gubner, mind you.

AZGrizFan said:
Maybe if I keep wishing, we'll land one. Not that I don't like the upside of Alford & Gubner, mind you.

Go sit on Santa's lap and make this request...Tis the Season.

AZGrizFan said:
My wish would be too sign at least one DT every season.

Back