• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jacob Sirmon and Colson Yankoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

227GRIZ

Looks like both qbs will be transferring out of Washington. I expect the Griz to be all over these two, and getting one of them would be HUGE.

https://247sports.com/Article/Colson-Yankoff-Jacob-Sirmon-to-transfer-from-Washington-and-are-in-the-Transfer-Portal-131654778/

We have recruiting ties to both especially Sirmon. Not sure how likely it’d be. Definitely think MSU will try as well.

Was told Yankoff is all but gone to EWU. Sirmon obviously is MORE than tied to the Griz. He would be HUGE, but also isn't necessarily looking to go FCS. He easily could wind up at another FBS school. So we'll see.

dayday said:
https://247sports.com/Article/Colson-Yankoff-Jacob-Sirmon-to-transfer-from-Washington-and-are-in-the-Transfer-Portal-131654778/

We have recruiting ties to both especially Sirmon. Not sure how likely it’d be. Definitely think MSU will try as well.

I believe Washington is now officially a developmental team for the kittens.

George Ferguson said:
Was told Yankoff is all but gone to EWU. Sirmon obviously is MORE than tied to the Griz. He would be HUGE, but also isn't necessarily looking to go FCS. He easily could wind up at another FBS school. So we'll see.

Yeah besides the FBS angle. I think for both of them it’s kind of hard to transfer down where there is no guarantee of playing time. Eastern and Griz have returning starters. If that doesn’t matter then the Griz will be in on Sirmon. The coaching staff knows him really well especially Pease and Rosey.

Looks like a lot of talent in those 2. I see that Sirmon was the no. 6 rated pro style qb out of high school. Not sure UM is looking for pro style. That was one of the issues for Harris. Pro style, drop back, and not duel threat.

Sirmon’s a better athlete then given credit for. I think Rosey and Pease are creative enough to figure it out if he comes and wins the job.

Ultimately don't see either at UM, but if one does, I would be pulling for one of them by a mile over the other.

If the Bobcats are after either one, they can hope in one hand and crap in the other, see which on fills up faster. Go Griz

krammer said:
u of Washington must be loaded at qb to let that kind of talent leave the program....

They are. 6 QB saw play time in spring game these two were the bottom of the barrel of the six and they are still pretty good.

dayday said:
George Ferguson said:

Yeah besides the FBS angle. I think for both of them it’s kind of hard to transfer down where there is no guarantee of playing time. Eastern and Griz have returning starters. If that doesn’t matter then the Griz will be in on Sirmon. The coaching staff knows him really well especially Pease and Rosey.
How do Pease and Rosey know him really well? What is the connection?

WaGriz4life said:
dayday said:
George Ferguson said:

For Sirmon: Coach Pease coached the Griz when David Sirmon (Jacob’s dad) played LB here in the 90’s. Cy, his cousin, is going to be a senior here. Pease and Rosey have always had strong coaching connections to Bothell, WA. Coach Pease pulled in players at Boise and Udub from Bothell. Jacob has known him for a while.

For Yankoff: Griz tried early to get in on Yankoff when he was in High School but then bigger offers came in. Coach Pease is from CDA and is the main recruiter there. He has very good standing with all of the coaches in that area.

Plus Coach Pease like Choate is connected with that Udub staff from coaching there so he can get inside info from those coaches. Those are the obvious connections. I am not predicting it will happen but just saying there are dots that could connect with either one of them.

George Ferguson said:

Doesn't EWU have some hotshot freshman QB?

AZGrizFan said:
George Ferguson said:

Always.......

grizpack said:
AZGrizFan said:
George Ferguson said:

Always.......

They have the next big thing in Eric Barriere. He was a stud when Gubrud went down last year. All he did was lead his team to the national chipper and he looked good doing it. Barriere is only a junior so one would expect him to be starter next 2 years. Maybe that will help one of these transfers come our way

dayday said:
WaGriz4life said:
dayday said:
George Ferguson said:

For Sirmon: Coach Pease coached the Griz when David Sirmon (Jacob’s dad) played LB here in the 90’s. Cy, his cousin, is going to be a senior here. Pease and Rosey have always had strong coaching connections to Bothell, WA. Coach Pease pulled in players at Boise and Udub from Bothell. Jacob has known him for a while.

For Yankoff: Griz tried early to get in on Yankoff when he was in High School but then bigger offers came in. Coach Pease is from CDA and is the main recruiter there. He has very good standing with all of the coaches in that area.

Plus Coach Pease like Choate is connected with that Udub staff from coaching there so he can get inside info from those coaches. Those are the obvious connections. I am not predicting it will happen but just saying there are dots that could connect with either one of them.

Awesome, I had no idea his dad was a Griz, or that he was Cy’s cousin. Would be a HUGE pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back