• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW GRIZ: Ryan Simpson WR, Bozeman, MT

Love getting kids from the Cats backyard. This kid is a talented athlete. Saw him play basketball a few times and he’s damn good at hoops, too. Griz got a good one!

“The coaching staff, they really helped me get to my decision, and how they’re going to use me in their program really interested me,” Simpson said. “I really like the business program and the town and the fan base. It felt like a good fit.”

He added: “The coaching staff is amazing and the facilities are crazy.”

Simpson, at 6-foot-6 and 185 pounds, projects as a wide receiver for the Griz. He was a first-team all-state wide receiver at Bozeman, where he tallied 922 receiving yards (14.2 yards per reception) with 12 touchdowns. He was also an honorable-mention all-state cornerback, intercepting four passes.

“They plan for me to be a wide receiver on the outside and just a good threat in the end zone to go up and high point balls and make some plays,” Simpson said.

The Griz had been in contact with Simpson since the end of his junior season, and the recruiting picked up at the start of his senior season. He was recruited by head coach Bobby Hauck, safeties coach Shann Schillinger and wide receivers coach Brent Pease.

Simpson is coming to Montana on a scholarship that covers tuition. He had a slightly better offer from Montana State, where his dad went for school and which he was a fan of growing up before he became more neutral over the years.

“MSU offered me tuition and one percent more (money) than the Griz just to show that they’re interested,” Simpson said. “I thought it was interesting because I got recruited way harder by the Griz. Money wasn’t the big issue for me. So that didn’t put a factor into my decision.”

LivingstonNative said:
I’m all Choked up. We stole another one out of Choke’s back yard!

Congrats to Mr. Simpson for making the smart choice. Recent events have shown that a commitment to Bozeman State is about as safe as serving a nickel at San Quentin in a thong.

CDAGRIZ said:
LivingstonNative said:
I’m all Choked up. We stole another one out of Choke’s back yard!

Congrats to Mr. Simpson for making the smart choice. Recent events have shown that a commitment to Bozeman State is about as safe as serving a nickel at San Quentin in a thong.

I laughed at that.

Good one!

What a douche move by Choke. If he thinks outbidding UM by 1% matters he is an idiot....if you can't win out with equal offer you need to just go elsewhere and shows they don't have confidence that there program is better and would sell itself. On to the other 1, 354, 544 offers he has out.

Back