• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

6 days til signing day

GeauxGriz

No one was stirring, not even a mouse....

Got me to thinking - how do you play the recruiting game at FCS vs FBS? Most FBS schools will sign a full house of folks on the 19th. Making Feb 6th pretty irrelevant for their recruiting.

But what about FCS? Many FBS schools offer more than they can take, which leads to processing. SO you'd think an FCS school would be wise to hold a few scholarships for the tweeners that got dumped by their FBS choice...

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

giphy.gif

My guess is they’ll use this early period to get all of their current verbals (out of state and Montana kids) signed which I believe is 14 total right now.

I’m guessing if there are any junior-college transfers or FBS drop downs that they can talk into signing early they would love to see that happen as well. Otherwise they will go after those hard for the next period and will have a better feel for what scholarships and dollars are available

HookedonGriz said:
My guess is they’ll use this early period to get all of their current verbals (out of state and Montana kids) signed which I believe is 14 total right now.

I’m guessing if there are any junior-college transfers or FBS drop downs that they can talk into signing early they would love to see that happen as well. Otherwise they will go after those hard for the next period and will have a better feel for what scholarships and dollars are available
My guess is that we'll probably know about transfers before Jan 10, which is when classes start. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't transfers have to be enrolled in classes to join spring ball?

uofmman1122 said:
HookedonGriz said:

My guess is that we'll probably know about transfers before Jan 10, which is when classes start. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't transfers have to be enrolled in classes to join spring ball?

That is correct. There is also a long no contact period in there so if we don’t know by early signing period not sure it’s a great sign on the transfer front for at least spring ball.

uofmman1122 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Yes you’re right! Transfers will have to be early to partake in spring.

Back