• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

General Recruiting Question

Griz1

If a potential transfer has a chance to attend or participate in a bowl game why would he ever disclose his intentions on social media or to his coaches prior to that game? If my assumption is correct it seems to me that those players will more than likely be committing at the end of December or the first part of January. Maybe that’s why there hasn’t been a lot of social media chatter from the players intending to transfer.

Griz1 said:
If a potential transfer has a chance to attend or participate in a bowl game why would he ever disclose his intentions on social media or to his coaches prior to that game? If my assumption is correct it seems to me that those players will more than likely be committing at the end of December or the first part of January. Maybe that’s why there hasn’t been a lot of social media chatter from the players intending to transfer.

Yeah interesting point. I do think that when kids transfer they just quit the team to pursue those options. However, I am sure there are others that want to play or least go to the bowl for the experience. If I remember the Udub coaches let the MSU transfer Sterk go to the bowl game even though he was going to MSU, but I am sure some coaches aren't so nice about it.

The semester this year starts Jan. 10 which is way earlier than usual. It used to be the last week in January. I think that impacts some things.

Back