• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW GRIZ: Garrison Poetzl DL- Billings, MT

VimSince03

He committed to UM on his instagram. A top 3 player in the state and my #1 ranked DL prospect in-state. Terrific player and student!

Largely considered the number 1 recruit in the state, Billings Senior DL Garrison Poetzl committed to the Griz today. Probably not an instant impact guy but has a very high ceiling to be a really good player down the road.

This is another big get! I know he was ranked very high on all the MT recruiting lists. Class has gotten some great Commits!

WaGriz4life said:
Largely considered the number 1 recruit in the state, Billings Senior DL Garrison Poetzl committed to the Griz today. Probably not an instant impact guy but has a very high ceiling to be a really good player down the road.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5377531/Garrison-Poetzl/videos

I'm not a huge fan of his offensive line tape. However, I am a huge fan of his DL tape and that's where he will be playing in college anyway. Garrison has the strength to establish the bull rush then can set up lineman with a variety of moves. He also has excellent quickness off the snap which gives many AA interior lineman trouble. When he goes up against top competition like Holden Sampson and Connor Paul, its a fair (and fun to watch) fight. As for the rest of AA lineman, not even close.

vim is right......this is a HUGE get for the griz.....and character to go along with his talent .....has to be in top three prospects in the state of montana..... would bet he could go fbc if wanted to do the recruiting circuit ......congrats to garrison and the griz !

griz71 said:
Any details on this young man?
Dad is a preacher in Billings. Older brother was one of the best OL in the state a couple years ago. Now he’s going through Navy SEAL training. Garrison will play DT at UM

WaGriz4life said:
griz71 said:
Dad is a preacher in Billings. Older brother was one of the best OL in the state a couple years ago. Now he’s going through Navy SEAL training. Garrison will play DT at UM

Eh...could have better stock in my opinion... :eek:

krammer said:
vim is right......this is a HUGE get for the griz.....and character to go along with his talent .....has to be in top three prospects in the state of montana..... would bet he could go fbc if wanted to do the recruiting circuit ......congrats to garrison and the griz !
What's fbc?

AZDoc said:
WaGriz4life said:
griz71 said:

Eh...could have better stock in my opinion... :eek:

azdoc....i hope this was your meaning. along with being highly competitive, leadership skills, football talent, character and is a very good student....not much else one could ask for in the top recruit in the state. go griz !

Great write up on Garrison. He was leaning toward the Cats until he came to a game in Wa-Griz.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/billings-senior-two-way-standout-lineman-garrison-poetzl-commits-to/article_ec61ee02-e1f2-5a87-8268-02890b6fdd74.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Back