• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Grade Coach Hauck's 2018 Recruiting Class

AllWeatherFan

DONOR
I give him an "incomplete" because I assume (hope?) there are still transfers and/or late signers waiting in the wings.

AllWeatherFan said:
I give him an "incomplete" because I assume (hope?) there are still transfers and/or late signers waiting in the wings.

So if no transfers come, especially corners since that IS the need, does that incomplete become a fail?

To the original question, the only answer can be, “we’ll see in 3-4 years.”

I am one to not judge a recruiting class until further down the road. Too many variables to judge yet. I am not adept enough at judging film to determine and the only film I do see is the highlight films.

That being said, I feel pretty good overall. I like the potential of what we got, especially along the defensive line. I would say if you go by potential, this is the best D line we have signed in a long, long time.

I am not that impressed, though I remind myself he was dealing with a lot of players that Stitt offered. My expectations of those players is low after watching some of them on the field the last few years. Right now I would give Hauck a D+ or C- with the opportunity too improve that grade if he gets some quality and depth from drop downs before fall camp starts. The safety we got from Arizona is the only "wow" in this class

alabamagrizzly said:
So if no transfers come, especially corners since that IS the need, does that incomplete become a fail?

No, but it might make the difference between a C- and a solid B. :lol:

Coach said:
I am not that impressed, though I remind myself he was dealing with a lot of players that Stitt offered. My expectations of those players is low after watching some of them on the field the last few years. Right now I would give Hauck a D+ or C- with the opportunity too improve that grade if he gets some quality and depth from drop downs before fall camp starts. The safety we got from Arizona is the only "wow" in this class

Would strongly disagree.....we got some very good lineman on both sides coming in.

Coach said:
The safety we got from Arizona is the only "wow" in this class

Time to watch some film coach. You may have missed some. Off the top of my head, the Mamula kid is a game changer waiting to happen, ALL of the linemen were solid & the SDSU transfer may wind up holding down the backfield in 2018.

bgbigdog said:
Coach said:

Time to watch some film coach. You may have missed some. Off the top of my head, the Mamula kid is a game changer waiting to happen, ALL of the linemen were solid & the SDSU transfer may wind up holding down the backfield in 2018.

Agreed on those. I think overall it's a solid class, minus the CB need. AS IS, I'd say a B-, with some very good players. With CB drop downs could get up to B to B+ range. There are some excellent linemen on both sides of the ball in there. LB and CB lack a bit, but could be improved by fall ball

Solid B+ for me. Dominated with 13 MT kids (most we've seen in a while) and they are the top dogs IMO.

Got excellent recruits in the trenches on both sides of the ball....lots of 2 and 3 star kids

Got excellent safety recruits in Robertson and Fouch....both 3 star

Got an FBS receiver in Sulser, one of the best receivers MT has ever produced.

Got a steal in Mamula, mark my words he is going to be a force.

I don't like to make it all about stars as they are very subjective, but it at least gives a bit of a baseline. I think we as a fan base are getting a little crazy about expectations when we are not happy with a class that has like 30 total stars to it.

bgbigdog said:
Coach said:

I agree, Mamula was a really big get.

I too like this class. In terms of talent we will of course find out in due time. But there is what appears to be good size with good to great athleticism in this group.

I think that needs for both this coming campaign and 2019 were addressed, particularly on both O & D lines. Maybe a little too much emphasis on Safeties as compared to CB's, but overall I think its a passing effort at B-.

Most importantly, i believe they all can Kick!! (Just had to!)☺

NorthEndZoneDan said:
bgbigdog said:
Coach said:

I agree, Mamula was a really big get.

The coaches were concerned that schools like BC, Rutgers and Maryland would come in late and offer him. They believe he could play at that level. Tim Hauck played with the kid's dad at the Eagles, and the opportunity came through that connection.

The AZ safety had some huge hits on the tape that was shown. So did Robbie Hauck. The SDSU running back is expected to compete right away. The transfer QB is expected to compete with Jensen too. It is hoped that they will make each other better, and, of course, provide depth. Some receivers are going to have to change positions. Don't know if any could play corner; assume so. Hauck thinks Tru owes him a commission, for strongly urging him to change positions (when Tru was resisting a bit).

bgbigdog said:
Coach said:

We will see but just because a few on here over hype a player doesn't mean he is better than he actually is. You can have that opinion on Mamula, I don't see it. Lets hope he proves me wrong. :thumb:

Coach said:
bgbigdog said:
Coach said:

We will see but just because a few on here over hype a player doesn't mean he is better than he actually is. You can have that opinion on Mamula, I don't see it. Lets hope he proves me wrong. :thumb:

Hauck said he's the next Kroy Biermann, so it's not just a few on here who are hyping the kid. But hey, you're the "coach"

Solid class. I like some of recruits potential. I give him a B-. No new staff ever knocks it out of the ballpark. It was concerning we didn’t try harder for CBs that were available seeing the huge need there. We had scholarships available. So for that it’s a C+ to B- if we get some summer transfer for that position then it’s a A- in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coach said:
bgbigdog said:
Coach said:

I am holding judgement on Robertson as well. Great in high school but is coming in here as a safety and has yet to play a college down as a safety. Very physical which is why he moved to LB at Arizona but still only played in 3 games.

PlayerRep said:
...Some receivers are going to have to change positions. Don't know if any could play corner; assume so. Hauck thinks Tru owes him a commission, for strongly urging him to change positions (when Tru was resisting a bit).
that could be a pretty good sized check! :lol:

HookedonGriz said:
Coach said:
bgbigdog said:
Coach said:

Hauck said he's the next Kroy Biermann, so it's not just a few on here who are hyping the kid. But hey, you're the "coach"

I seriously doubt Hauck said that, and if he did he's an idiot.

Back