• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lost best recruit

Robinson was a 50-50 guy anyway. He did an interview a while back where they asked him if he would sign during early period. His answer left me a lot of pause

Big difference in best Montana recruit and best recruit one played Qb for a team that is probably in the best high school conference in the country started as sophomore and his team was ranked 8 in the country

I would not say he is lost yet.There is a good chance Griz reel him back in. Depends on if Selle and Ferriter get hired back and who the OC will be. Plus this allows him to keep more options open for FBS schools. It makes sense to me for him.

grizzcabin said:
Big difference in best Montana recruit and best recruit one played Qb for a team that is probably in the best high school conference in the country started as sophomore and his team was ranked 8 in the country

Actually, IMO and many others will agree, Sulser is the #1 recruit overall, even including Robinson.

dayday said:
I would not say he is lost yet.There is a good chance Griz reel him back in. Depends on if Selle and Ferriter get hired back and who the OC will be. Plus this allows him to keep more options open for FBS schools. It makes sense to me for him.

I don't believe he was ever completely sold on being a Griz, so think it is a long shot he even considers them now.

He wasn’t coming regardless of who was coaching. Wish him well and move on. Barring catastrophic injury, Jensen could be your starter for the next three years. You’ve got a senior backup who won’t need to be a Mensa member to run the offense, & two redshirts that include the Gatorade player of the year. And who knows, Bobby may find someone yet this recruiting year.

HelenaHandBasket said:
dayday said:

I don't believe he was ever completely sold on being a Griz, so think it is a long shot he even considers them now.
Yeah, I don’t see him coming back. Could be wrong, but I’d be really surprised.

If he was "never coming anyway", then I doubt he would have given Montana his verbal. A verbal commitment deflects some other teams' attention to other options, so it would be a foolish thing for a recruit to do if he didn't have legit intentions. Given the coaching change, makes sense that he changes his mind, but I wish he hadn't....he's a stud.

Jaymerz said:
If he was "never coming anyway", then I doubt he would have given Montana his verbal. A verbal commitment deflects some other teams' attention to other options, so it would be a foolish thing for a recruit to do if he didn't have legit intentions. Given the coaching change, makes sense that he changes his mind, but I wish he hadn't....he's a stud.

This is right on that is why I say we are not out of it and everyone should cool it. He had a connection with Selle at summer camp and Ferriter was was his main recruiter so keep them and the new OC gives his vision of the offense he may recommit. Dropping his verbal just allows him to keep all options open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A, we lost A recruit. I hope he goes big sky so he can be sad about today thinking about what could have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back