• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Recruit clock.....

signedbewildered

DONOR
Tick, tick, tick. Without going through the list of verbals one by one and others that we are after I'm curious as how this will pan out. So much depends on the new coach slash "system."

I know kids can get pretty jumpy when their offer may be up in the air. Nothing from Kent about honoring offers? Get your ass here Bobby so you can give these kids a piece of mind or a fair opportunity to look elsewhere for a better fit.

The guys can only hold down the fort for so long. My guess is they are getting the 101 questions from those looking to play here.

When Baldwin left EWU (a huge loss IMO) I think they only lost 1 recruit. I don't think we will see a big loss of recruits either. The kids are excited to be a Griz, get a specific education, and play in first class stadium and facilities. I'm sure Green and Germer have talked to every one of them

The early signing date makes things interesting. As many of them have a short timeline to do an official visit if they haven’t already done so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The early signing date makes things interesting. As many of them have a short timeline to do an official visit if they haven’t already done so.

I saw in one article where it mentioned Green will be relaying to all recruits that their verbal will be honored regardless of the new coach coming it. I think Haslam may have addressed that in the press conference, stating that it is a program policy (paraphrasing) that the team will honor the commitments.

In comparison to the EWU situation, I could see where they would not lose any recruits as the system & most coaches remained in place following Baldwin's exit. Even when Delaney left, I have to think most recruits at the time knew they were committing to a coach who was only going to be there short term. This recruiting class will be different as I am sure Stitt firmly believed he would be with the team following this season and the recruits bought into it. I would assume most recruits will stick, but it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

The sense I get is all is well with the recruits...

But it is true that the early signing period puts more pressure on UM to hire a coach soon...

Paytonlives said:

But it is true that the early signing period puts more pressure on UM to hire a coach soon...

We may never know, but I wonder if some now won't early sign that would have but instead decide "shop around" until later signing period.

If a new coach comes in and they still want to "shop around" that might free the new coach to pull offers since they had the chance to sign but didn't first time . I think new coach should have that right.

Ursus1 said:
Paytonlives said:

We may never know, but I wonder if some now won't early sign that would have but instead decide "shop around" until later signing period.

If a new coach comes in and they still want to "shop around" that might free the new coach to pull offers since they had the chance to sign but didn't first time . I think new coach should have that right.

Never thought of that... The new coach might be able to say 'If you don't sign in December, Im moving on"

This early signing period brings a lot of angles that did not exist before.

This isn't like a FBS school where the player has multiple choices of top tier programs to consider if he chooses to do so after a coach is let go. His name has been plastered all over ESPN radio, internet, and tv. I think many of you are comparing what you see with the major schools and not the actuality of what goes on at FCS schools. They don't have a lot of options to choose from that have open scholarships. They are not the 5 star recruits you see decommiting that the top programs find an open spot for them by dropping a lower level verbal. These are mainly guys more similar in athletic ability that don't have the pick of any school they want if they were to decommit. We won't keep everyone, but we will lose so few that it shouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

Igotgoodsources said:
This isn't like a FBS school where the player has multiple choices of top tier programs to consider if he chooses to do so after a coach is let go. His name has been plastered all over ESPN radio, internet, and tv. I think many of you are comparing what you see with the major schools and not the actuality of what goes on at FCS schools. They don't have a lot of options to choose from that have open scholarships. They are not the 5 star recruits you see decommiting that the top programs find an open spot for them by dropping a lower level verbal. These are mainly guys more similar in athletic ability that don't have the pick of any school they want if they were to decommit. We won't keep everyone, but we will lose so few that it shouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

Almost 100% of our current commits had multiple offers.

Igotgoodsources said:

What a bizarre post. A prized recruit is just that. Are you implying that our potential recruits have no other options at any level? What a wonderful world that would be....for lowly FCS schools.

Y’all need to relax. Panic button hits when we get to the contact period that’s when other programs start poaching. Ideally we get a coach hired before Monday so Monday morning he’s on the phone reconfirming the vision and trust. Even if it’s not until next Wednesday I think most of them will wait and see what happens before completely jumping ship.

I will say that recruits read this board so everyone panicking does not help. Just delete this thread before something that is said that doesn’t help the cause.

I don't think anyone is panicking just because a topic was brought up. We may lose a few we may gain a few. Simply a thread that isn't based on rumors about who will be on the 2018 Griz coaching staff.

Legitimate topic while we wait for the white smoke to pour out of the chimney....or is it black smoke. I forget. Flunked out of catechism.

In state recruits are not going to back out. Being a Griz is a lifelong dream for these guys, just like some others (to whom the Pride and Tradition cannot be entrusted!) are going Cat given the chance. I just don’t see a decomitt happening from any Montana kids.

signedbewildered said:
Igotgoodsources said:

What a bizarre post. A prized recruit is just that. Are you implying that our potential recruits have no other options at any level? What a wonderful world that would be....for lowly FCS schools.
If it works best for you to just dissect what you want out of the post let me help you and shorten it up for ya. The recruiting process of FBS schools is on a completely different level as that of an FCS. Therefore, you can not assume the fallout of recruits will be similar.
Example: the post above that said EWU lost 1 last year.

Got it. You can't tell me there isn't a few kids (and their families) out there right now going....well shit. This changes everything. Again, just something I can guarantee you they are pondering. I didn't know Haslem had assured their scholarships/offers would be honored. That's a piece of mind.

Let's just get Bobby here and see if his idea of what we need is the same as Stitts.

Furthermore, I don't believe anyone implied the "fallout of recruits" would be similar to an FBS school. Not sure who brought up that comparison.....oh wait.

#dramaqueen

AZGrizFan said:
Igotgoodsources said:

Almost 100% of our current commits had multiple offers.
And i would guess almost 100% of those other schools moved on to another recruit and offered them and could have fulfilled their wants and needs already.

signedbewildered said:
Furthermore, I don't believe anyone implied the "fallout of recruits" would be similar to an FBS school. Not sure who brought up that comparison.....oh wait.

#dramaqueen
Multiple comments on multiple topics talking about "any recruits left us yet" classifies as implied to me as well as many others I would assume. You again picked apart what you wanted to drop a hashtag on me. #cute When everyone is talking about how many we are going to lose it borders on the lines of fallout. People are talking about losing double digit recruits and it simply isn't the case. Thats all I was trying to say.

Back