• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Classy Cats Yank Scholarship

Copper Griz said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDA, you are the same as the a-s hats that believed Mrs Fords first hand accounts and accusations against Judge Kavanaugh. :lol: :roll:

Kindly keep your politics on the politics board, and stop calling 17-year-old kids liars all over the Internet. Dumb

CDA are you saying that not knowing both sides of the story is accusing people of lying? Is this the logic that they taught you at UM? :lol: :lol:

Logic would usually indicate common sense thoughts derived from obvious facts or indicators from a given situation. I would say a couple of things about this situation. 1. It looks bad for the Cats, especially given his high school coaches comments. Actually it looks really bad. 2. Didn’t this same thing happen Choate’s first year? Once - alright maybe it was a coaching change or related to some other extraneous variable. Twice now, we seem to have a very bad pattern emerging. 3. I remember the NDSU game that never happened. Not Choate’s fault. Still another issue with commitment and standing by your word. MSU appears to have commitment issues. You can try and spin this however the hell you want. It looks bad, especially when the kid did not get in trouble, has no serious health issues disclosed and was left hanging for an excessive amount of time he could have used to speak with other teams. A-hole move by Choate and classless

Meanwhile MSU is breaking enrollment records. The football team is coming off two excellent recruiting years by Choate and a team that is improving steadily.

Here at EGriz, they will probably see 10 more pages on this thread about how evil everyone is at MSU and how dire things are in the athletic department. And, all this is based on 100 percent fact brought to you by all knowing EGriz posters claiming no bias. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not claiming no bias. I love to see the MSU staff step on itself to hurt recruiting. Trick-asses can't change their trick-asses. Love to see BS33 and others attempt to justify it with examples that don't fit. Hate to see how Choach's handlers are treating him. Have some respect for the guy. He doesn't know any better.

The kid probably kept trying to reach the OC who has removed as OC during the season, and didn't understand why texts weren't being returned. Maybe the kid should check back with the Cats after spring ball, or even during pre-season practice.

CDAGRIZ said:
indian-outlaw said:
CDAGRIZ said:
indian-outlaw said:
Are you kidding? Fot god sake, it happens all the time in div I football. It does suck but don't pretend that it is something unique to MSU. Please don't imply that Hauck is somehow above that.

Can you name another time when a HC offered (or oversaw and offer to) a kid, the kid committed, and then the same HC dodged his calls for this long before pulling the offer? I honestly don't think that happens very often, but I'd be interested to hear about other times this has happened. If it's that common, it shouldn't be hard to give an example.
This was published in 2013, you can look here yourself. Saban does it all the time and so does nearly every coach, don't be an idiot.

"this sort of thing happens all the time behind the scenes without becoming public, usually because a player wants to avoid embarrassment in having news get out that his offer from a school wasn't valid and that his attempt to commit was turned down."

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/5/23/4359776/alabama-recruiting-nick-saban-admits-offers-committable

I must have missed the part where Choach told the prospect his offer was non-commitable. Seems like MSU offered the kid, the kid accepted, then Choach waited, ignored contact, and then said the kid isn't welcome. Not the same.

I must have also missed the part in the article where Saban said he ghosts commits for weeks before telling them they aren't welcome. Can you actually come up with an example of it happening this way, or not? Shouldn't be hard if it's so common.
Yea, I think you missed a few things in the article. Saban doesn't tell the kids up front that the offer is non-commitable... For gawd sake dude is that how you really read that? They string the athletes along until something better comes along and athletes do the same for the offers they get. We get most of our recruits late in the game when they get no other offers from FBS. Most Programs will put out over 100 offers for 25 scholarships. You can play stupid and get on your high horse about it but it is how the game is played at the FBS/FCS football level. Far be it from me to defend Choate but he is not different than any other head coach at this level. In fact I am on the record saying that FBS and to a slightly less degree FCS football players are completely exploited by the NCAA and Universities. For the time and effort they put into being a football player they could wash dishes in a Chinese restaurant and be further ahead financially and physically healthier for it. They are essentially professional athletes and should be treated as such.
If we were not all so damn football nuts we could drop our FCS football that nobody gives a crap about outside of the Montana bubble and field a top notch wrestling team. We could have hockey and baseball as well. When we dropped our wrestling team in the 80's we were on the ragged edge of being in the top 25.

Article states they went "radio silent" for a couple of weeks. Cole (his recruiter) was fired in the middle of the season on October 20th, so I imagine they learned of Cole's firing not long after, tried to contact either Cole or MSU to see where things stood and didn't get through for a few weeks. I'd imagine this means he found out his offer was no longer on the table in the middle of November.

It does suck they didn't talk to him for a few weeks but they were in the middle of a season with a coaching change and at an important position like QB they likely had to re-evaluate him. Unfortunately the kid probably just fell through the cracks during this transition.

It's a bummer but lost in all of this is that yes the early signing day is coming up but national signing day isn't until February, nearly 3 months away.

And Colter has a good breakdown of Choate's recruiting philosophy in terms of how he goes about offering kids on maybe his ESPN show, can't remember where I heard it, but he says it's basically an FBS recruiting strategy. You offer 6 running backs when you only want 2.

CatzWillRise said:
And Colter has a good breakdown of Choate's recruiting philosophy in terms of how he goes about offering kids on maybe his ESPN show, can't remember where I heard it, but he says it's basically an FBS recruiting strategy. You offer 6 running backs when you only want 2.

That explains why Choad just offered the entire 8th grade graduating class at Belgrade Middle School for 2022. Makes sense :thumb:

CatzWillRise said:

I really have no issue with this strategy. What I have issue with is ignoring a kid that is trying to communicate with you about his offer for weeks. If you fill your scholarships with this strategy, you should let the other kids know in a timely fashion so they can look for other options.

Back