• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Did Growler Play Any Baseball for UM?

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:
Link to the UM Red Book. Happy reading. Let us know if I missed Growler's name in the baseball stuff.

https://gogriz.com/sports/2018/1/16/the-red-book.aspx

Wow! What a cool resource! I can't believe I missed this. I've been looking for Kem, since I'm pretty sure he played. Can't find it. I'm going to be up late looking at these PDFs. Thanks for posting the link, PR.
One of them is there; '64-'65.

Very cool! I'll check it out.

EDIT: 6'2" 185 GUARD? Were you a Stitt recruit? ;)
Gotta be pretty cool to see this, in all seriousness.
Wish like hell the body had that fat level today. Raw boned; 1:59 880; pulling most every play in the wing T. Played both ways back then; LB on D.

Excellent reading! Thanks.

I still don't know Growler's real name, so can't help you there. Nice to see the list of the last 18 Grizzly Baseball letterman, although I can't put a face on many of the names.

Also, nice to see the details about "Intercollegiate Athletics At Montana Univ. in Trouble" in '71-'72. I didn't get a scholarship to play baseball, but I did get "Work Study" money. Showed up in the fall at the field house for work. Told to fold some towels that day. That's all the work I had to do for the year, while still getting a paycheck each month - needed it to get through that first year for sure.

dbooosh said:
Excellent reading! Thanks.

I still don't know Growler's real name, so can't help you there. Nice to see the list of the last 18 Grizzly Baseball letterman, although I can't put a face on many of the names.

Also, nice to see the details about "Intercollegiate Athletics At Montana Univ. in Trouble" in '71-'72. I didn't get a scholarship to play baseball, but I did get "Work Study" money. Showed up in the fall at the field house for work. Told to fold some towels that day. That's all the work I had to do for the year, while still getting a paycheck each month - needed it to get through that first year for sure.

Can you say that last part, one more time?
c07-lopo-21-4_3.jpg

Ok. Good. UM, YOU!
th

THREE YEARS PROBATION!
h=300

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
th

grizpsych said:
Other than trying to give someone crap, why does it matter if he played baseball for UM?

Because he consistently insisted he did, and would shout down, insult, and attempt to belittle anyone who dared to question it. Other than that, not much, I suppose.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizpsych said:
Other than trying to give someone crap, why does it matter if he played baseball for UM?

Because he consistently insisted he did, and would shout down, insult, and attempt to belittle anyone who dared to question it. Other than that, not much, I suppose.

Yeah. He's an a-hole. We all know that. I wish I could easily find the thread I posted that sh!t on him. It was epic. Regardless, who cares now?

grizpsych said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizpsych said:

Yeah. He's an a-hole. We all know that. I wish I could easily find the thread I posted that sh!t on him. It was epic. Regardless, who cares now?

Yeah, but The Redbook makes it possible to prove it. I guess that's why the post.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizpsych said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizpsych said:

Yeah, but The Redbook makes it possible to prove it. I guess that's why the post.

Sure, the redbook proves it. The psychologist in me simply wonders why it came up in the first place.

grizpsych said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizpsych said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Sure, the redbook proves it. The psychologist in me simply wonders why it came up in the first place.

Good question. I've never had a psychologist in me, but my guess is: Because it's a bi week.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizpsych said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizpsych said:

Good question. I've never had a psychologist in me, but my guess is: Because it's a bi week.

I'm glad, they are icky and do bad things to you. :(

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Wow! What a cool resource! I can't believe I missed this. I've been looking for Kem, since I'm pretty sure he played. Can't find it. I'm going to be up late looking at these PDFs. Thanks for posting the link, PR.

Wish like hell the body had that fat level today. Raw boned; 1:59 880; pulling most every play in the wing T. Played both ways back then; LB on D.

That ain't nothin' to mess with. Cool to see your name in there, pard. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

That ain't nothin' to mess with. Cool to see your name in there, pard. :thumb:

+1 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Back