What happened to this website?

eGriz ideas and support!
User avatar
IdaGriz01
Posts: 9448
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: Idaho Falls

chris wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:29 am
...
this is exactly why I have time to CHANGE the site and make everyone’s lives miserable :lol: ...
Here's a positive bit of feedback: After just these few days, I honestly could not tell anyone what the old format looked like, and how this is different. :lol:
chris
Admin
Posts: 6063
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:00 pm

IdaGriz01 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:52 pm
chris wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:29 am
...
this is exactly why I have time to CHANGE the site and make everyone’s lives miserable :lol: ...
Here's a positive bit of feedback: After just these few days, I honestly could not tell anyone what the old format looked like, and how this is different. :lol:
HAHA :thumb:
Grizzoola
eGriz Club
Posts: 3903
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:03 pm
Location: Henderson, NV

Chris' post of 7:16pm of 4/2 to Griz2k has Chris' remarks in one long column. This is my gripe: Current format is too spread out. Old one was more compact.
RABIDAWG
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:34 pm

I get other posts that I open in a ridiculous, very vertical format....like one letter at a time on iPad and iPhone.
How to fix?
Now, dammit, get out there and HURT somebody!
chris
Admin
Posts: 6063
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:00 pm

RABIDAWG wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:33 am
I get other posts that I open in a ridiculous, very vertical format....like one letter at a time on iPad and iPhone.
How to fix?
that seems very strange but if you are on ipad/iphone using safari, go into your phone settings > safari > click "clear history and website data". then try again.
chris
Admin
Posts: 6063
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:00 pm

Grizzoola wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:22 pm
Chris' post of 7:16pm of 4/2 to Griz2k has Chris' remarks in one long column. This is my gripe: Current format is too spread out. Old one was more compact.
what device are you browsing the site on?
Grizzoola
eGriz Club
Posts: 3903
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:03 pm
Location: Henderson, NV

chris wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:43 am
Grizzoola wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:22 pm
Chris' post of 7:16pm of 4/2 to Griz2k has Chris' remarks in one long column. This is my gripe: Current format is too spread out. Old one was more compact.
what device are you browsing the site on?
MacBook Pro 13" running Mac OS Mojave. Browser is Firefox.
chris
Admin
Posts: 6063
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:00 pm

Grizzoola wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:10 pm
chris wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:43 am
Grizzoola wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:22 pm
Chris' post of 7:16pm of 4/2 to Griz2k has Chris' remarks in one long column. This is my gripe: Current format is too spread out. Old one was more compact.
what device are you browsing the site on?
MacBook Pro 13" running Mac OS Mojave. Browser is Firefox.
Did you clear the browser cache, reopen egriz, click refresh a few times? If so, can you take a screen shot and post an image of what you are seeing?
Grizzoola
eGriz Club
Posts: 3903
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:03 pm
Location: Henderson, NV

chris wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:58 pm
Grizzoola wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:10 pm
chris wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:43 am
Grizzoola wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:22 pm
Chris' post of 7:16pm of 4/2 to Griz2k has Chris' remarks in one long column. This is my gripe: Current format is too spread out. Old one was more compact.
what device are you browsing the site on?
MacBook Pro 13" running Mac OS Mojave. Browser is Firefox.
Did you clear the browser cache, reopen egriz, click refresh a few times? If so, can you take a screen shot and post an image of what you are seeing?
Chris, thanks, but at my age I'd goof up the process. What was wrong w/ the old format?
chris
Admin
Posts: 6063
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:00 pm

Grizzoola wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:56 pm
chris wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:58 pm
Grizzoola wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:10 pm
chris wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:43 am


what device are you browsing the site on?
MacBook Pro 13" running Mac OS Mojave. Browser is Firefox.
Did you clear the browser cache, reopen egriz, click refresh a few times? If so, can you take a screen shot and post an image of what you are seeing?
Chris, thanks, but at my age I'd goof up the process. What was wrong w/ the old format?
nothing was wrong with the old format besides it using older design technologies that reduces the speed, functionality and security of websites. It needed to be updated. Things changed very very little in the grand scheme of things. most of the changes are things that are not noticeable. I understand that there are changes, but the entire functionality of the site has not changed at all, just some minor publicly noticeable styling (things to make it pretty).

Here is a graphic that shows the old format on top and the new one on bottom, dang near identical. Not sure why it's such a big deal I guess. Technology changes, and websites need to keep up with technology to stay relevant and secure.

MikeyGriz
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:35 am
Location: Billings, MT

Thanks Chris, it's now working on my laptop!

Refresh your page 4 or 5 times. If this doesn't fix it, clear your cache and then refresh several times.

This resource should help https://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/
I don't watch CNN for the same reason I don't drink out of the toilet bowl!
first11
Posts: 2233
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: missoula

Reading with effort due to print size on light background. Other issues with format at times.

Not a fan
chris
Admin
Posts: 6063
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:00 pm

first11 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:10 pm
Reading with effort due to print size on light background. Other issues with format at times.

Not a fan
Just to clarify so I can better understand.

eGriz has always had a white background on posts, that hasn't changed and the font size is the same as has been as well. I can look at increasing the font size but that may be better suited to a browser setting that you specify on your computer that way its customized to your liking.

As far as other issues with the format, any specifics that I can look into? Thanks for the feedback
MikeyGriz
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:35 am
Location: Billings, MT

Is there a way to block a topic from appearing on your screen when you are in a forum?
I don't watch CNN for the same reason I don't drink out of the toilet bowl!
Post Reply