• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Caitlyn Jenner says she opposes transgender girls competing in girls’ sports"

argh! said:
Jesse said:
Why is he harassing you because you keep pointing out the ambiguity associated with the use of the word? He protests too much lol

greenie and i have been harassing each other for over twenty years. we're used to it. but he does protest too much, and he's always wrong. or almost. every now and again he gets it right, and i tell him so, and vice-versa. strange place, egriz.

I don't recall ever being wrong in any football or other dispute with you.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
greenie and i have been harassing each other for over twenty years. we're used to it. but he does protest too much, and he's always wrong. or almost. every now and again he gets it right, and i tell him so, and vice-versa. strange place, egriz.

you have been wrong more often than right, greenie. you have hurt the feelings of the moral and right-thinking egriz posters, and need to reflect on your limitations and shortcomings, and correct your wrong thinking and behavior.

(i took that tone from the ccp playbook for how to talk down to others)

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

you have been wrong more often than right, greenie. you have hurt the feelings of the moral and right-thinking egriz posters, and need to reflect on your limitations and shortcomings, and correct your wrong thinking and behavior.

Feel free to list what I was wrong on in the above categories. I was wrong on who would win last 2 Cat football games. I just return the flak thrown At me and point out truly stupid things. Only some people get ribbons.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

Feel free to list what I was wrong on in the above categories. I was wrong on who would win last 2 Cat football games. I just return the flak thrown At me and point out truly stupid things. Only some people get ribbons.

why? you'd just try to play semantics, then agree with yourself, congratulate yourself as "right", and try to insult me. we have agreed on a lot, if not most, on-field football stuff, as in on the field, not hiring or firing. we were pretty much the only ones who stridently, and correctly, praised the nguyen brothers' play, and pointed out the fallacies of the 'they fumble a lot' crap.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

why? you'd just try to play semantics, then agree with yourself, congratulate yourself as "right", and try to insult me. we have agreed on a lot, if not most, on-field football stuff, as in on the field, not hiring or firing. we were pretty much the only ones who stridently, and correctly, praised the nguyen brothers' play, and pointed out the fallacies of the 'they fumble a lot' crap.

Argh! You just don’t get what its like to be the only guy here who really did play the game. He’s a loner, a rebel, you don’t tie a guy like that down. You can only hope to contain him because he is a force of a nature a once in a generation poster, we will never see the likes of him again. He doesn’t need a wing man he is solo so don’t try and crowd his space and take credits for his arguments. He is never wrong and he can never be wrong and he alone knows when others are wrong. He is like the lord of egriz and will it’s bad mojo to go against him, he will start a whispering campaign against you, first it’s a blacklist, then probation and then double secret probation and finally banishment from egriz all with out process. A page right out of Trotsky and the Bolsheviks. With their commissars who policed the party orthodoxy just like the commie modes do here. It’s has a chilling effect on free college football speech. I mean what has Murica and us muricans been fighting all these foreign wars for? Freedom of fucking college football am I wrong?

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

Just as I thought. You can't point out anything. Her's another insult for you. You don't understand enough about football to determine whether anyone is right or wrong anyway. After you lied about me a few times, I never had a warm feeling towards you again.

Jesse said:
argh! said:

Argh! You just don’t get what its like to be the only guy here who really did play the game. He’s a loner, a rebel, you don’t tie a guy like that down. You can only hope to contain him because he is a force of a nature a once in a generation poster, we will never see the likes of him again. He doesn’t need a wing man he is solo so don’t try and crowd his space and take credits for his arguments. He is never wrong and he can never be wrong and he alone knows when others are wrong. He is like the lord of egriz and will it’s bad mojo to go against him, he will start a whispering campaign against you, first it’s a blacklist, then probation and then double secret probation and finally banishment from egriz all with out process. A page right out of Trotsky and the Bolsheviks. With their commissars who policed the party orthodoxy just like the commie modes do here. It’s has a chilling effect on free college football speech. I mean what has Murica and us muricans been fighting all these foreign wars for? Freedom of f###[#] college football am I wrong?

At least, I don't welch on my bets.

PlayerRep said:
Jesse said:
Argh! You just don’t get what its like to be the only guy here who really did play the game. He’s a loner, a rebel, you don’t tie a guy like that down. You can only hope to contain him because he is a force of a nature a once in a generation poster, we will never see the likes of him again. He doesn’t need a wing man he is solo so don’t try and crowd his space and take credits for his arguments. He is never wrong and he can never be wrong and he alone knows when others are wrong. He is like the lord of egriz and will it’s bad mojo to go against him, he will start a whispering campaign against you, first it’s a blacklist, then probation and then double secret probation and finally banishment from egriz all with out process. A page right out of Trotsky and the Bolsheviks. With their commissars who policed the party orthodoxy just like the commie modes do here. It’s has a chilling effect on free college football speech. I mean what has Murica and us muricans been fighting all these foreign wars for? Freedom of f###[#] college football am I wrong?

Well, let's take out a point of contention. Pay off the bet, Jesse. Take the moral high ground.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

Just as I thought. You can't point out anything. Her's another insult for you. You don't understand enough about football to determine whether anyone is right or wrong anyway. After you lied about me a few times, I never had a warm feeling towards you again.

i lied about you? how? when? as for warm feelings, where did that come from? i almost spit out my coffee laughing. keep your warm feelings for ed marinaro, greenie26, hopefully longer than you can keep a screen name, anyway, before you say something embarrassing and have to erase history :)

tourist said:
PlayerRep said:

Well, let's take out a point of contention. Pay off the bet, Jesse. Take the moral high ground.

I would pay if we had made the bet and I lost. Problem is when PR tried to re-accept his own offer to wager and then he tries to lawyer in what the definition of hospitalize means for purposes of the bet after the bet was made. See I didn’t agree to the second wager because we had already made a wager without the “subject to” language that lawyers try and put in after the bet had been made. It queers the deal so to speak.

Tourist I had a bad case of Nora virus, a nasty stomach virus going around. Sick as I have ever been in my life. Lasted 3 days. On the first day I went to er because I thought I had cracked a rib from all the hurling and then the damn dry heaves and was also dehydrated. The er checked out my vitals and then admitted me to a private room in the er, put a gown on and hooked me up to monitors and 3 liters of fluids and anti nausea and pain meds. Also oxygen because my saturation level was below 90. They ran blood panels and some enzymes levels where elevated so they shot me full of idodine and did a cat scan of my pancreas and liver and x rayed my ribs. Thankfully everything was normal, except for high white count, discharged me 5 hours later when my oxygen level was back up to 97%. Signed the aftercare and discharge forms, cut off the bracelet and went home. 5 hours and $2,700 later sure as hell felt like I was hospitalized. Lol.

Ps. There is a way to settle this wager have a poll to see if egriz would vote for Saskgriz to adjudicate this matter. PR called him biased which is really projection or bias coming from PR. So what do you say Tourist lets get this party started. Create for us a poll posing the question whether our Canadian brother, Saskgriz, would be a fair and impartial arbiter of this matter and if so his word will be final kinda, like Kenesaw Mountain Landis. If he gets over 50% of the polling votes then we agree to let him decide the wager. The $100 question though is will PR trust someone other then himself, such as the esteemed Saskgriz, educated at the U of M, with a degree in forestry and now an educator of the English language, to determine our fate and your drafting skills. Lol I wager PR says no deal, unwilling to trust a Canadian. Smdh

Ps. However, In the event PR were to again accept his initial wager, I pledge to put the entire stake toward as many shots ($200) of Canadian Club as it will pay for at the Mo club to celebrate some early season bench marks in the UW game I will be watching there. Like first completed pass, a round of cc, first first down, another round of cc, first third down conversion a round of cc,, first defensive stop a round of cc, and first touch down shots of cc. So cheers and let’s hope PR and I can mend some fence and come together as loyal Griz fans and buy you fellas some shots of Canadian Club in honor of the Canadian.......
Balls back in your court........

Jesse, here was my offer of a bet. Did you accept this bet or not?

"The article also says the reporter was "hospitalized". He wasn't hospitalized. He went to the ER for a bumped elbow, and left the ER almost immediately. I'm happy to be you $100 that he wasn't hospitalized, and I know I can prove with a newspaper article. Put up or shot up on that bet, Jesse/Dutch"

You also said that a NY Times backed up the Wiki on hospitalization. Can you produce that NY Times article? I know you can't, because the linked NY Times article doesn't say that. Here's link to the NY Times article I found: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/us/p ... Position=1

Two Chester posts:

1. "As a retired Hospital CEO, I can tell you that the gentleman was not "hospitalized". Hospitalized in the industry means admitted for inpatient treatment. At the very least, it would mean "admitted" for observation where the patient is being observed for specific issues in order to determine if the patient can be safely sent home or needs to be admitted for inpatient treatment. It is my understanding that neither of these things happened. Since that is the case, he was not "hospitalized"."

2. "Sorry to break it to you but Hospitals count Emergency Room Visits and Hospital Inpatient admissions. There is no event called an Emergency Room Admission. You can have a patient admitted to the Hospital as an inpatient from the Emergency Room but he is not admitted to the emergency room. He visits the emergency room. There are many free standing emergency rooms in the US that are not attached to a hospital. Thousands of people visit those emergency rooms every year without even entering a hospital campus."

Chronicle article:

1. "Jacobs was evaluated in an ambulance at the scene and taken to Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital, according to the Hyalite Fire Department.

Jacobs left the hospital at approximately 7:25 p.m. in a sheriff’s vehicle. He was wearing a sling around his arm. He refused to comment on the incident."

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/n ... 48923.html

Welcher.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

so greenie, you never answered my question, and i am still wondering what you think i said or wrote about you that wasn't true? not trying to drag you into an online argument, etc... we have certainly engaged in mutual putdowns, sardonic responses, etc... anyway, seems like you won't answer or just send a pm. that's ok. also don't worry, i am most definitely not trying to be your pal.

Back