• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

100 round drum magazine

Dutch Lane

DONOR
That’s a lot of fire power for a civilian. I’m thinking these shooters should be restricted to say no more then three or four 30 round clips. That way they at least have to reload a couples of times which might give the humans they are shooting more of a sporting chance and a few added seconds to run. At least it would make it more of a challenge for the hunter anyway. Plus a 100 round drum of .223 rounds weighs a hell of a lot and is really going to degrade a shooters accuracy trying to control the added weight on top of the recoil, and a stray round could really ruin someone’s day.

Now that bump-stocks are no longer available can you imagine the added stress placed on a shooter’s trigger finger, having to pull 100 times to empty a drum. An unintended consequence maybe, but it’s still just plain wrong. Do we not have a God given 2nd amendment right (I got it right this time Tourist, thanks for your critique) to keep and bear firearms that aren’t going to lead to finger strain and even possible permanent damage. The NRA cannot allow this madness to stand,100 round drums with no bump-stock, the humanity. Smh :thumb:

You know nothing about guns, ammunition, accessories, or the firing characteristics a particular weapon or caliber. Reinell could school you about the .223 if he wanted. It would be a total waste of his time, though.You are just a left wing gun grabber. Its not the gun that is the problem, its the shooter. I haven't shot anybody, yet. :twisted:

tourist said:
You know nothing about guns, ammunition, accessories, or the firing characteristics a particular weapon or caliber. Reinell could school you about the .223 if he wanted. It would be a total waste of his time, though.You are just a left wing gun grabber. Its not the gun that is the problem, its the shooter. I haven't shot anybody, yet. :twisted:
So you think the added weight never affected his tactical effectiveness or his accuracy? Well, I would maybe agree if he was firing from a prone position with a bipod then he could be very accurate. But come on this poor guy was lugging around a very heavy weapon at a downtown restaurant/bar district late at night and trying to shoot off hand was undoubtably going to negatively affect his groupings.

Tourist I’m not a gun grabber. I’m an advocate for common sense weight to magazine ratio when wielding a lightweight assault weapon. Accuracy is far more important in a mass shooting situation then simple capacity. IMO. It’s all about balance and weapon control. I find that your standard high capacity clip is more then enough fire power (as long as you have at least five or six) to use at a mass shooting. :thumb:

tourist said:

over two months of increasingly intense protests by hundreds of thousands in hong kong, with tear gas being fired and riot police beating people up daily, and no deaths by guns. bricks are being thrown, thow, and wooden rods used in combat, but stores aren't being looted or any such thing.

wouldn't it be nice to have a riot, or fight against one as a cop, without worrying too much about getting shot?

Disarm the public, and you can pretty much do whatever you please. Worked in Soviet Russia, Red China, Nazi Germany. I see the official press is sounding more and more like the buildup to Tiananmen Square.

Dutch, I have tried three times to rebut your post, but my laptop is poor on memory capacity and has thrown me out each time. First, "this poor guy " is out of line. Try 'this twisted psychotic POS' as a descriptive. I don't believe you have ever fired a .223 in your life. Your "common sense" talking point is just that, left wing gun grabber bullshit. To use an over used expression from this site, using gun experience as 'game,' you have obviously never played the game(forgive me!). :lol: More to come in a serial post(s).

Dutch, #2: This guy came for a shootout. 24 years old and in, I assume, reasonable shape. Heavy gun, hell he was decked out in body armor and had more drum magazines on him. He would have used a sling on the gun if it was that much of a problem. "Groupings?" This ain't the range, some contest. Again, you show your lack of gun knowledge and experience. The shooter had the drop on a bar full of drunks in the wee hours. Hip shooting was the name of the game, no need to aim from the shoulder. He failed to kill at least 16 of his intended victims. Aim? You come off as an expert in mass shootings. What experience have you had in this area? All mass shooters are either dead or locked up. Read something written by a mass shooter, perhaps? I have no first hand knowledge of these recent killings, just supposition, and real life experience with guns, ammo, and accessories. I do find it humorous that you 'find the standard high capacity magazine is sufficient for a mass shooting.' The shooter disagrees with you, Dutch. Based on your real life experiences, or is this based on empirical evidence? From what sources? :lol:

Tourist, as in never played the game or played with guns,lol. My old man was a ww 2 infantry officer so grew up shooting mostly military weapons. Never was a mass shooter only meant that a 100 round drum is way out of line for a civilian to possess and that standard high volume magazines are enough firepower for any situation. Totally agree with you both of the shooters were evil pos’s. :thumb:

Back