• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Chase Reynolds: Q & A

PlayerRep

https://missoulian.com/news/government-and-politics/senate-district-candidate-q-a-chase-reynolds/article_b5d9a345-487c-5c8b-9f5e-251094ad343a.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-2

"In 1992, the state paid 76 percent of the cost of public higher education in Montana. In 2018, the state is paying 38 percent. What portion of public higher education should the state fund, and why? Should it be closer to 38 percent or 76 percent? Please be specific.

The Montana Legislature has provided funds with a 3 percent increase, which is higher than the actually inflation rate for the past 25-plus years. The Montana University system's spending, which is done by the Board of Regents, needs to be held accountable for the unnecessary spending increases, which widens the gap between funding and spending. I do believe the state should pay closer to 76 percent of cost for public higher education in Montana with the BOR being held accountable for less spending ,which will increase the value of the 38 percent funding we have right now."

PlayerRep said:
https://missoulian.com/news/government-and-politics/senate-district-candidate-q-a-chase-reynolds/article_b5d9a345-487c-5c8b-9f5e-251094ad343a.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-2

"In 1992, the state paid 76 percent of the cost of public higher education in Montana. In 2018, the state is paying 38 percent. What portion of public higher education should the state fund, and why? Should it be closer to 38 percent or 76 percent? Please be specific.

The Montana Legislature has provided funds with a 3 percent increase, which is higher than the actually inflation rate for the past 25-plus years. The Montana University system's spending, which is done by the Board of Regents, needs to be held accountable for the unnecessary spending increases, which widens the gap between funding and spending. I do believe the state should pay closer to 76 percent of cost for public higher education in Montana with the BOR being held accountable for less spending ,which will increase the value of the 38 percent funding we have right now."

What are his feelings on public lands ?

Here's what Reynolds said on a couple more issues:

What role should state government play in managing federal public lands, and how should those activities be paid for?

"Washington, D.C., is doing a terrible job in managing our public lands. They have implemented funding and forest plans that were designed to maintain and manage our forest and after each audit, it's been proven that they are not qualified to manage our forest. Unfortunately our states do not have the budget to manage our lands independently. I do believe our state needs to be more involved in the process of managing with a relationship with the Forest Service. We are seeing less roads be maintained, and more roads being decommissioned as the Forest service minimizes their budget."

What do you regard as the most urgent problem facing Montana, and how do you propose dealing with it?

"Montana's economy and its jobs continue to struggle as we put more restrictions on our natural resources. We need people that have a sense of future for Montana. We are a vast state that has a lot to offer, from agriculture to tourism; we are threatened by people with alternative motives that want to change the way Montana operates. We need to have bipartisan leadership that work together for the greater good of Montana and its people."

I don't live in Missoula so I don't have any feel for whether Reynolds has a chance against Sands. Know she's been a legislator for many years. Imagine she's the favorite. Did look up the district 49 map, and see that it includes Lolo and extends all the way to the Idaho border, so it probably isn't as predictably liberal as I might have expected.

grizonbob said:
I don't live in Missoula so I don't have any feel for whether Reynolds has a chance against Sands. Know she's been a legislator for many years. Imagine she's the favorite. Did look up the district 49 map, and see that it includes Lolo and extends all the way to the Idaho border, so it probably isn't as predictably liberal as I might have expected.

I think the whole district actually had more Trump votes than Clinton votes in 2016, so it is winnable for a Republican, but will be a tough race. Reynolds is in a tough spot because he really doesn't have a resume beyond football. Some say the clean slate is a good thing, others will hold that against him.

Also, this is not a football post haha, this thread should be moved!

grzz said:
grizonbob said:

I think the whole district actually had more Trump votes than Clinton votes in 2016, so it is winnable for a Republican, but will be a tough race. Reynolds is in a tough spot because he really doesn't have a resume beyond football. Some say the clean slate is a good thing, others will hold that against him.

What, Chase Reynolds didn't play football for the Griz? His donation flyer has him in a football uniform. Had Chase not played football for the Griz, he wouldn't have a chance, and probably wouldn't have run. With Reynolds in the state legislature, funding for UM athletics will go up and funding for MSU athletics will be eliminated, I was told.

PlayerRep said:
grzz said:
grizonbob said:

What, Chase Reynolds didn't play football for the Griz? His donation flyer has him in a football uniform. Had Chase not played football for the Griz, he wouldn't have a chance, and probably wouldn't have run. With Reynolds in the state legislature, funding for UM athletics will go up and funding for MSU athletics will be eliminated, I was told.

Vote early, vote often!

PlayerRep said:
grzz said:
grizonbob said:

Nicely done! :lol:

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
PlayerRep said:
grzz said:
grizonbob said:

Nicely done! :lol:

I favor MSU funding long-term contracts with Choatchote and Fishmonger!

Probably still not voting for him. Sands has proven to be quite bipartisan and has routinely stood up to this governors office.

Fahque said:
Probably still not voting for him. Sands has proven to be quite bipartisan and has routinely stood up to this governors office.

Just curious: How has Sands stood up to governor's office?

grizonbob said:
Fahque said:

Hips over her knees, back straight, feet slightly apart. Then it's just a question of tilting the shoulders slightly forward and firing the joints in succession, ankles, knees and hips, while engaging the glutes, quads and hamstrings.

SaskGriz said:
grizonbob said:
Fahque said:

Hips over her knees, back straight, feet slightly apart. Then it's just a question of tilting the shoulders slightly forward and firing the joints in succession, ankles, knees and hips, while engaging the glutes, quads and hamstrings.

Engaging the glutes makes every day better. :thumb:

WaGriz4life said:
Fahque said:

😂 😂 😂 “Bi-Partisan” “Standing up against Bullock” who democrats also believe is bi-partisan. I guess that is something that is fluid along with your gender. You people are sick. I-90 West takes you right to Seattle buddy.

WaGriz4life said:
WaGriz4life said:
Fahque said:

😂 😂 😂 “Bi-Partisan” “Standing up against Bullock” who democrats also believe is bi-partisan. I guess that is something that is fluid along with your gender. You people are sick. I-90 West takes you right to Seattle buddy.

Personally, I cannot stand Bullock

Back