• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will you get vaccinated for Covid19

Will you get vacinnated

• 1. Yes, I will get vaccinated.

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • 2. No, I will not get vaccinated, I make all of my own healthcare decisions.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • 3. No, I’m afraid of microchips.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 4. No, I’m afraid of hypodermics

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 5. Libretad para Holandes! (Freedom for Dutch)

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • 6. PR should not be the self-appointed boss of e-Griz.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • 7. Fuck the cats.

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • 8. Mods/minions stay the fuck out of posters’ disputes, this isn’t kindergarten you bunch of mamma’

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters

Griz poke

Will e-griz get vaccinated if and when a covid 19 vaccine is developed and proven effective? I’m a scientist with a M.S. from U of M and I’m going to go with my gut on this one. My mum had me vaccinated and I didn’t get the polio so yeah, defiantly will take my chances with a vaccine.

One third of all Americans polled said no to vaccination. One third of likely Trump voters polled said Bill Gates and China, through the WHO, are developing a vaccine to implant seriously small microscopic tracking chips in people in order to control world. :eek:

One third who said no to vaccines raised individual liberty concerns and federal overreach.

A small number polled just really didn’t like needles. :lol:

Dutch Lane has been permanently band from egriz because he was a “troll” Really, the guy was a troll? I don’t think so, what a bunch of fascists pussies. :cool:

PR is the most prolific poster on egriz for a reason, one can gain institutional knowledge by simply following PR. :thumb:

By the plethora of BS options, I am not sure if this is a joke poll or you really want to know.

In case you're serious - My answer is maybe. It depends on a lot of factors. HOW effective is the vaccine? (I have seen guesses of between 50% and 90% which is a huge difference.) Is it proven to be safe? What are the side effects?

I worry about the risks of this vaccine being fast tracked like it has been. I also take immunosuppressive medications so I won't be getting any new vaccine unless my rheumatologist can assure me that it's safe for me. Getting a bad vaccine is probably more dangerous for me than getting covid itself.

I don’t get the flu vaccine.

I won’t get the COVID vaccine.

However, I do believe, given the unmitigated hysteria surrounding this particular virus, there’s a high likelihood that it’ll be REQUIRED and you’ll have to show some sort of documentation to that effect before you can do certain things....

AZGrizFan said:

However, I do believe, given the unmitigated hysteria surrounding this particular virus, there’s a high likelihood that it’ll be REQUIRED and you’ll have to show some sort of documentation to that effect before you can do certain things....

AZ, good call. I too think this will happen and Trump is getting the military ready to get the vaccine out quickly. It makes me think he's part of the Deep State as well.

I won't get the vaccine, especially if it's coming from Bill Gates, WHO, China, etc. I don't agree with much of anything the Kennedy's say about politics, but Bobby Kennedy Jr has some great things to say about the harmful stuff vaccines can do to people. I'm not 100% anti-vaccine but I do believe we're over vaccinated and the government should not mandate this.

Ever since that cortisone shot to the shoulder, eff needles...
I don’t get the flu shot either.

I have had the flu shot for the past 4 years. Never got the flu so it has worked. Prior to this I believe I had the flu 1 but I seemed to always have gotten a cold every winter. Since getting the flu shot, Only 1 cold the past 4 years which was late this past december and it was so minor that it was like I never had the cold. Or maybe it wasn't a cold and it was COVID?
I will continue to get the flu shot even though it is about 30 - 40% effective if only just to prevent me from getting a cold.

As for the COVID vaccine? Not sure. All the tests they have done so far as I have read have been with the younger generation and not the ones that are really vulnerable to COVID. Faucci seems to change every week on what effectiveness he would be happy with. Started out a high percentage 75% to 80% and lately 50%. Could be because what he is learning from the vaccine tests so far and they aren't as affective as hoped for. I am pretty sure he is keeping tabs on how all the vaccine tests are coming along.

If donny t made it you just know it's not good, wouldn't trust him to tell me the weather.

BigSkyBears said:
AZGrizFan said:

AZ, good call. I too think this will happen and Trump is getting the military ready to get the vaccine out quickly. It makes me think he's part of the Deep State as well.

I won't get the vaccine, especially if it's coming from Bill Gates, WHO, China, etc. I don't agree with much of anything the Kennedy's say about politics, but Bobby Kennedy Jr has some great things to say about the harmful stuff vaccines can do to people. I'm not 100% anti-vaccine but I do believe we're over vaccinated and the government should not mandate this.

My opposition has less to do with being an “anti-Vaxer” (which I’m not) and more to do with the fact that for 25 years the government had full control over what went into my body, including requiring being “vaccinated” against Anthrax. When I retired from the military in ‘08, I decided that after that, NOBODY was going to tell me what I was going to put into my body.

So, yeah. No covid vaccine for me. It’ll be about as effective as the flu vaccines they push on people.

AZGrizFan said:
BigSkyBears said:

My opposition has less to do with being an “anti-Vaxer” (which I’m not) and more to do with the fact that for 25 years the government had full control over what went into my body, including requiring being “vaccinated” against Anthrax. When I retired from the military in ‘08, I decided that after that, NOBODY was going to tell me what I was going to put into my body.

So, yeah. No covid vaccine for me. It’ll be about as effective as the flu vaccines they push on people.

Different path but same desire and result. Not wanting anything forced into your body by the government is exactly what anti vaxers, like me, desire. We’ll all have the same result by either getting to live by in a free country to make that choice, or live in a country with no freedom of choice.

I will probably vaccinate if it is effective enough. All things have opponents. Vaccinations also have those, but the worst thing is that they and those who doubt the reliability of vaccinations are found on the Internet on forums.
Opponents of vaccinations express their opinions and are content with communicating with the same people, and also convert gullible people who accidentally come in search of answers to their faith.
Many people who do not know how to filter information and do not know that they should not trust anyone on the Internet fall for such a bait.

I'll get a plant based vaccine if one is approved. Ibio is one such company working on it. There has never been a plant based vaccine, but there has also never been an mRNA vaccine like offered by Moderna and Pfizer. People are going to be in a grand scale Guinea Pig experiment, and I won't.

As far as Anti-Vaxxer, I have never heard of people being against a vaccine that works and is safe, just people against all the additional ingredients in the vaccine like Aluminum, Formaldehyde, Mercury, Human serum, Bovine Serum etc.

As far as the cold storage required for the mRNA vaccines, that has also created a logistical nightmare. I called some Walgreens in East Coast cities, places that will probably see the vaccine before us. They had no clue how they will store it, they don't have the freezers to keep the vaccine at -94. That was a week ago.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf

https://www.ibioinc.com/

I am already standing in line for the vaccine. I wonder if I can get shots of multiple vaccines.

I get flu shots. All recommended shots.

I tried to get into the Pfizer trial in Bozeman, twice. Was a bit late to party both times. I assume this is the one Daines got into.

"Moderna says its vaccine candidate is stable at regular freezer temperature — minus 4 degrees Fahrenheit — for up to six months, and after thawing it can last in the refrigerator for 30 days. It can also be kept at room temperature for up to 12 hours. This, explains Kristensen, is useful for health care workers in the field, "because now the vaccine doesn't need to go in and out of the refrigerator each time it's administered."

[Most medical facilities have cold storage for these levels.]

Pfizer:

"To keep the molecule stable, the vaccine must be stored at ultracold temperatures, between minus 112 and minus 76. Generally, the guidance is minus 94 and below. At those temperatures, it is stable for up to six months.

Once the vaccine arrives at a hospital or clinic, it can be held at regular refrigerator temperatures of between 35 to 46 degrees for up to five days before it must be discarded."

[Liquid nitrogen is -320, and used for things like storing ampules of semen for artificial insemination of animals. Edit: just looked. Yes, this may be workable. "The secret weapon for distributing a potential covid-19 vaccine
The history of cattle breeding in the Midwest may save lives now"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/11/12/secret-weapon-distributing-potential-covid-19-vaccine/

[Third world counties will have a much harder time figuring this out.]

Aaron Rodgers is the poster child for dumbasses everywhere who are not vaccinated and think that they know more than hundreds of scientists and doctors.

If I can help it, no.

I say that based on UK Public Heath Data that shows the lack of N protein serology. What that nerd phrase is saying is that your body essentially learns from the first encounter with a foreign invader and develops a playbook. Well, if the virus mutates and the body uses the playbook for the original infection (vaccine), it won't stop future mutations very well, because the vaccine only teaches the body about the S protein. It's not a knock on the vaccine, but I would rather have full immunity.

I would be happy to take the vaccine after I have been infected naturally, as I am well under 65 and have no comorbidities.

See page 23 to see what I am talking about. If you have a better understanding of the graph, let's hear it.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1031157/Vaccine-surveillance-report-week-44.pdf

Buttegrizzle said:
Aaron Rodgers is the poster child for dumbasses everywhere who are not vaccinated and think that they know more than hundreds of scientists and doctors.

Rodger is isolated and has infected nobody and seem to be weathering COVID easily. Why did he need to get the vaccine? Care to share all your research genius?

PS. You really shouldn't step out into the science field and make an ass of yourself.

AZGrizFan said:
BigSkyBears said:

That's a totally fair assessment. The COVID vaccine is most effective against the original (wild type) version and has proven to prevent catching and spreading variants, but only for 4- 6 months. After that, it's effectiveness wanes and those vaccinated can be infected and spread the virus. While not perfect, what is wrong with that? NOTHING. While I have my reasons to not take the vaccine, others are free and encouraged if you are worried.

I am so fucking sick of this "one or the other". There is nothing wrong with having a vaccine the prevents hospitalizations and deaths among the most susceptible, while those that can tolerate COVID, catch it. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

As data has clearly shown, everyone has to catch COVID and with the vaccine, those most susceptible can live. It's really a win/win, but people refuse to see it that way.

PhxGriz said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Rodger is isolated and has infected nobody and seem to be weathering COVID easily. Why did he need to get the vaccine? Care to share all your research genius?

PS. You really shouldn't step out into the science field and make an ass of yourself.

Speaking of making an ass of yourself, did I say he was infecting anybody? No. I didn’t. Did I say he wasn’t isolated (but of course he wasn’t-thats how he got infected)? I didn’t say that ether. He’s paid millions of dollars per game to be on the damn field winning damn games. Now his pseudo-intellectualism (Or is it anti-social Individualism?) has led him to listen to that ignorant Shock jock Rogan instead of his goddamn doctor. He may well have infected teammates. He damn sure let them down. Sorry Pgriz, a chemist you may be but an epidemiologist you ain’t. Anyone, especially those who are part of a larger organization or company or in public should be vaccinated. I know we all want to be ala-natural but that’s why it’s called a novel virus. We don’t have natural immunity until we contract and survive it. Tell me what about this vaccine makes you think it’s worse than the disease and it’s long haul effects?

Back