• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is Steve Dill Dead?

Ursa Major

DONOR
We have seen no sign of his malignant presence on the board for some time. For years since he was band, he would sneak back onto the board with several new user names only to be quickly spotted and called out by board regulars who recognized his racist, homophobic, self-aggrandizing and condescending posts.

So is Steve Dill Dead? I sure hope not. In my mind Steve could have suffered a massive stroke while shopping at a rundown second-rate mall in Scotsdale after witnessing a gay biracial couple kissing outside of a Forever 21 store.

I can picture him in a near vegetative state being cared for around the clock by Spanish speaking Mexican born nurses who regularly over medicate him with homemade laudanum. In his dreams he is visited by his old make believe friends like his brother in law the mobster, his good buddy the scout for the Carolina Pathers, his close friend the former Vietnam War era sniper and of course his non-real black, Republican golf buddy, Nipsy. Real people enter his dreams too. Like the nightly dream of Brint and Bobby Hauck pointing at him from across the Mo Club and laughing.

His only respite and window to the outside world is the blaring television that is on day and night and constantly tuned in to MSNBC.

DEAR EDITOR: I am 58 years old.
Some of my little friends say there is no Steve Dill.
Papa says, ‘If you see it in THE SUN it’s so.’
Please tell me the truth; is there a Steve Dill?

Ursa Major
115 WEST NINETY-FIFTH STREET.

Ursa, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Ursa, whether they be men’s or children’s, are little. In this great Griz Nation of ours man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect, as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, Ursa, there is a Steve Dill. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Steve Dill. It would be as dreary as if there were no Ursas. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which the Griz fill the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Steve Dill! You might as well not believe in fairies! You might get your papa to hire men to watch in the back door of the Mo Club to catch Steve Dill, but even if they did not see Steve Dill running out, what would that prove? Nobody wants to see Steve Dill, but that is no sign that there is no Steve Dill. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that’s no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You may tear apart the baby’s rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Ursa, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Steve Dill! Thank God! he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now, Ursa, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of Griz fans.

Ursa Major said:
We have seen no sign of his malignant presence on the board for some time. For years since he was band, he would sneak back onto the board with several new user names only to be quickly spotted and called out by board regulars who recognized his racist, homophobic, self-aggrandizing and condescending posts.

So is Steve Dill Dead? I sure hope not. In my mind Steve could have suffered a massive stroke while shopping at a rundown second-rate mall in Scotsdale after witnessing a gay biracial couple kissing outside of a Forever 21 store.

I can picture him in a near vegetative state being cared for around the clock by Spanish speaking Mexican born nurses who regularly over medicate him with homemade laudanum. In his dreams he is visited by his old make believe friends like his brother in law the mobster, his good buddy the scout for the Carolina Pathers, his close friend the former Vietnam War era sniper and of course his non-real black, Republican golf buddy, Nipsy. Real people enter his dreams too. Like the nightly dream of Brint and Bobby Hauck pointing at him from across the Mo Club and laughing.

His only respite and window to the outside world is the blaring television that is on day and night and constantly tuned in to MSNBC.

You didn't hear? Decapitated. Whole big thing. We had a funeral for a bird.

AllWeatherFan said:
DEAR EDITOR: I am 58 years old.
Some of my little friends say there is no Steve Dill.
Papa says, ‘If you see it in THE SUN it’s so.’
Please tell me the truth; is there a Steve Dill?

Ursa Major
115 WEST NINETY-FIFTH STREET.

Ursa, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Ursa, whether they be men’s or children’s, are little. In this great Griz Nation of ours man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect, as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, Ursa, there is a Steve Dill. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Steve Dill. It would be as dreary as if there were no Ursas. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which the Griz fill the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Steve Dill! You might as well not believe in fairies! You might get your papa to hire men to watch in the back door of the Mo Club to catch Steve Dill, but even if they did not see Steve Dill running out, what would that prove? Nobody wants to see Steve Dill, but that is no sign that there is no Steve Dill. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that’s no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You may tear apart the baby’s rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Ursa, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Steve Dill! Thank God! he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now, Ursa, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of Griz fans.
You live by a hard code, Virginia. A hard code yet a fair code.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

You didn't hear? Decapitated. Whole big thing. We had a funeral for a bird.

giphy.gif

AllWeatherFan said:
[cough, cough, cough] BlackChickenHobo [cough, cough, cough]

I owe the entire board a huge apology.

It’s like saying Candy Man three times into a mirror.

How has this not gotten to Vice or the Nat Geo Channel yet? Petrified pickles make for great television. :lol:

Back