• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TV Viewing Options in Phnom Penh?

Ursa Major

DONOR
I have never been to Cambodia and have no plans to travel there. Just in case, I wanted to know if there are places to watch the game. Also, what is the standard voltage there in case I bring along a toaster?

Ursa

Ursa Major said:
I have never been to Cambodia and have no plans to travel there. Just in case, I wanted to know if there are places to watch the game. Also, what is the standard voltage there in case I bring along a toaster?

Ursa

I find your question confusing.

How will you watch the game if you don't bring your toaster?

Ursa Major said:

Ursa

OK, so there are basically two ways to do this:

1. Cambodia has 230V and generally accepts Type A plugs. So, you'll be able to see a feed on a standard Hamilton Beach two or four slot.

2. Hit SCORE! Sports Bar and Grill. https://www.scorekh.com/ The game doesn't show up on the current schedule, but you can still find it. Pay the bartender at the Eastern most bar $2 USD (they will take US Dollars there), and ask to see "Slippery Chivy" in the kitchen. He's an old cook, and one of the only people in Cambodia who can make a proper mozzarella stick. Slippsy, as he's known, is a huge Griz fan and will have the game on a 12" Quasar TV mounted above the #2 deep fryer. He can be a tad surly, so don't make eye contact at first. Simply yell "Old Dornblaser" three times at the floor, and he will pull up a chair for you. You may have to pull a swing shift, but it's just bar food. Easy peasy. Enjoy.

you can get a cambodia sim card for cheap, one gig of data for about a buck. might need to use your vpn for espn+, not sure about other streaming sites.

while there, you can also get a new joke for a reasonable amount. might be a knock-off, but then most of the ones on egriz these days are pretty ancient retreads, anyway.

you stay-at-homes are like, zzzzzzz, man.

Our old Hamilton Beach popped it's final bagel a few months back, and without consultation (yes, she's been warned!) my wife Amazoned a brand new all-swanky Krupps model. Any thoughts CDA?

EverettGriz said:
Our old Hamilton Beach popped it's final bagel a few months back, and without consultation (yes, she's been warned!) my wife Amazoned a brand new all-swanky Krupps model. Any thoughts CDA?

do you really think cda can hit this softball? lately, he's been slippin'. as in the last few years lately, not this week.

destined for the hall, winds up cleaning the mall.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Ursa

OK, so there are basically two ways to do this:

1. Cambodia has 230V and generally accepts Type A plugs. So, you'll be able to see a feed on a standard Hamilton Beach two or four slot.

2. Hit SCORE! Sports Bar and Grill. https://www.scorekh.com/ The game doesn't show up on the current schedule, but you can still find it. Pay the bartender at the Eastern most bar $2 USD (they will take US Dollars there), and ask to see "Slippery Chivy" in the kitchen. He's an old cook, and one of the only people in Cambodia who can make a proper mozzarella stick. Slippsy, as he's known, is a huge Griz fan and will have the game on a 12" Quasar TV mounted above the #2 deep fryer. He can be a tad surly, so don't make eye contact at first. Simply yell "Old Dornblaser" three times at the floor, and he will pull up a chair for you. You may have to pull a swing shift, but it's just bar food. Easy peasy. Enjoy.
Thank you for the link, CDA :thumb: This sounds perfect for me. Torrey Pines can go fuck itself.

According to the Hit SCORE website:

Hit SCORE is best Griz day game experience in Southeast Asia!

Seeing day game at Hit SCORE brings one many friends and happy Griz good scores.

Enjoy many beautiful special money Griz day game prices:

Khmer Angkor Beer-----------------------------------------300,000 Riel/14 cents (USD)
Mozzarella Sticks -------------------------------------------500,000 Riel/21 cents (USD)
Dave Dickenson Burger w/ bottomless fries---600,000 Riel/28 cents (USD)
Carton of Marlboro's---------------------------------------900,000 Riel/42 cents (USD)

Meet us today to marry good luck and happy family drinking! Watch GO GRIZ mangle and puncture bad demon team. Fuck the Cats!

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Ursa Major said:

Ursa

I find your question confusing.

How will you watch the game if you don't bring your toaster?

You are spot on, Bjorn. I have embarrassed myself and my family (again).

what do y'all think of the cambodian government? the cambodian people? another example of "communism", which always turns out to be power for power's sake?

here you go: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x56kve3

Has anybody watched a Griz game on a Star 9H-Q1-350 120V Compact Conveyor Toaster Compact, 120V, Commercial Grade? Do they come standard with the Pluto app?

សូមអរគុណ។

Back