• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

LGriz take on @Colorado State

GrizBaba

An interesting note: CSU crushed BYU the other night, 82-62. I'm anxious to see how our women's basketball digs in and scraps.

I was just going to say that Gina needs to be more aggressive, as she handled a great driving layup.

Ugh, Lady Griz down 26-41 at half. Probably lucky it's only a 15 point deficit. Offense lacks any inside threat (points in the key have to almost entirely be from dribble drive...though Kiefer did get one easy look/finish off a nice feed) and defense doesn't do anything to bother shooters. Keeli and Bartsch showed off some nice threes (esp for bigs) but the team's not shooting great from distance either,

Why do teams allow Fatkin to get to her rt hand? Force her left and watch a bunch of pull ups and spin backs. If she can make those than kudos to her but we would force fatkin left. And make her 1 dimensional

It seemed they were trying too hard and had hands of iron. No one wanted to shoot until it was too late in the game (somebody needed to get hot); they're driving around the key in circles when we needed points. CSU appears to be good, be we gave up a lot unnecessarily. The ones needing to be heroes are shooting bricks :cry:

I still think they're going to pull it together, and I told myself before the season not to get too excited because there are a lot of youths (plus we don't have Carmen G back yet). It might take a couple games for Carmen to get rolling too.

Colorado State is clearly a very talented team. All around they were very impressive. It’ll be difficult for the Griz to beat talented teams without Gfeller if they continue to struggle shooting the ball and get minimal production from Pirog and Burton-Oliver.

Really liked what I saw from Libby Stump. She’ll be a player.

OregonStateFan said:
Colorado State is clearly a very talented team. All around they were very impressive. It’ll be difficult for the Griz to beat talented teams without Gfeller if they continue to struggle shooting the ball and get minimal production from Pirog and Burton-Oliver.

Really liked what I saw from Libby Stump. She’ll be a player.

Thanks for the consolation :)

Back