• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Xavier Game Thread

mtgrizrule

Fyi, it's on FS2.

I better leave it at that. I'm still upset about our 1st half against Duquesne. I'm hoping the GRIZ play much better against Xavier.

mtgrizrule said:
Fyi, it's on FS2.

I better leave it at that. I'm still upset about our 1st half against Duquesne. I'm hoping the GRIZ play much better against Xavier.

I am going to guess the Xavier crowd will be a little more rowdier and loud than the Duquesne crowd.

Also, Duquesne plays Kentucky tonight. Maybe we find out Duquesne is much better than an A-10 bottom feeder.

https://goxavier.com/news/2022/11/9/mens-basketball-xavier-announces-fridays-montana-mens-basketball-game-as-a-sellout.aspx

flatheadgriz406 said:
If we can hit the broad side of a barn ... we have a chance to cover the +18

It's no longer for me whether we can hit the broad side of the barn. It is rather as Mike Montgomery said during the Oregon rout last year, "I could not diagram the Montana offense." Our defense is good, our kids well coached, but on offense there is no scheme, no plan, no movement off the ball like baseline cuts, no passing out of the post or adept three-point shooting. Fast breaks? Ah, no. In other words, no offensive identity that I can detect, just pass the ball around the perimeter and hope somebody finds a shot or a driving lane.

And I'm not just bitching about a staff that recruits well and coaches solid defense. I'm offering a solution: An assistant coach that is specifically the offensive coordinator. DeCuire must delegate this aspect of his program if he's to be successful.

I'll be watching tonight, of course, looking for any ray of offensive hope, hoping even that I'm proven totally wrong. A humbling price I'm willing to pay if I see any offensive spark tonight or this season.

I think we're gonna play a better game tonight. We won't win this game, but I bet we do some good things and we keep it within the 28 point margin we lost by on Tuesday.

Remember TDC's success the first 2-3 years and how all the talk on e-griz was how we were gonna lose him to a bigger program? That ship sure has sailed!

If you need a little extra positivity going into tonight Kentucky just went on a little run and is now beating Duquesne 15-11 at the U12 TO. Duquesne has caused a few turnovers and even forced Kentucky to have to call a time out because they could not break their press. Obviously still fairly early but Duquesne is actually matching up pretty well so far.

Why is it, most every out of conference game, opponents hit everything from the perimeter? Doesn't matter how contested shots are, opponents go off.

It's happening again.

Griz ultimately went over SIX minutes without a point. Seemed to do that in almost every game last year. Long dry spells aren’t going to lead to a whole lot of success…

AZGrizFan said:
Griz ultimately went over SIX minutes without a point. Seemed to do that in almost every game last year. Long dry spells aren’t going to lead to a whole lot of success…

We're bigger than last season, but still not setting as many contact screens as we need to. That alone would help the offense.

I'd like to see what Brown would bring to the GRIZ this game. I think his quickness and athleticism would help. That's if he looks to drive and dish.

mtgrizrule said:
Why is it, most every out of conference game, opponents hit everything from the perimeter? Doesn't matter how contested shots are, opponents go off.

It's happening again.

I'm starting to believe its a curse and the evidence is piling higher

Back