• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Secret Scrimmage - WBB v. UM-Western

CopperGold14

Anyone hear how this one went? I have a reasonably reliable second hand source that told me the LG lost this one by 4 points.

I heard that Western got the best of the LG. I believe it was on Sunday. I won't say more, but what I heard put a smile on my face.

CopperGold14 said:
Anyone hear how this one went? I have a reasonably reliable second hand source that told me the LG lost this one by 4 points.

We heard similar story. Momberg 3 for 3 from 3fg.

Every yr lower level schools beat D1s. Western is competitbe every yr, well coached and is always scrappy. Carroll, and Providence will be very competitive as well in the Frontier Conf.

Another solid NAIA program in the PNW is LCSC. Return a lot of their starting 5 on a 28-5 team.

mthoopsfan said:
I heard that Western got the best of the LG. I believe it was on Sunday. I won't say more, but what I heard put a smile on my face.

I’m sure Momberg was fired up to play this game. Good for her. It’ll be a memory she’ll cherish for her life I bet. Every competitive athlete that has been spurned by a team in any form wants that opportunity to stick it to em and not many get it. Aaron Rogers remembered every team that passed him up in the draft and wanted a piece of every one of em.

I heard both of the Momberg sisters both had good or fine games. A post from May 2021: "I look forward to Carroll or Western beating the LG in the next few years,"

HelenaHandBasket said:
Nothing but a glorified scrimmage. Not sure it really means much in the long run.

It means that lowly Western beat D-I UM, with UM's fancy new coach and fancy new recruits. Do you think the LG just layed down for Western? Did you think the LG coach was happy and pleased after the game?

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Nothing but a glorified scrimmage. Not sure it really means much in the long run.

It means that lowly Western beat D-I UM, with UM's fancy new coach and fancy new recruits. Do you think the LG just layed down for Western? Did you think the LG coach was happy and pleased after the game?

I think it was PRACTICE.

HelenaHandBasket said:
mthoopsfan said:

I think it was PRACTICE.

So no refs, no timer, and no one kept score? Ha.

The LG need to practice better. Ha, again.

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
I think it was PRACTICE.

Are the LG officially 0-1 on the season heading into their next game? Yep, practice, even with refs, timekeepers, and score. Those items are part of practice all the time.

This is just like the preseason in the NFL. Different coaches use these for different evaluations or whatever they are looking for in these practice games. Some of your best teams in the NFL go winless in the preseason or win one game.Anyone that puts a lot of stock in these practice games is delusional.

mtboy7 said:
This is just like the preseason in the NFL. Different coaches use these for different evaluations or whatever they are looking for in these practice games. Some of your best teams in the NFL go winless in the preseason or win one game.Anyone that puts a lot of stock in these practice games is delusional.

Any LG team that doesn't beat a .500 NAIA team is lacking, or has a long way to go.

HelenaHandBasket said:
mthoopsfan said:

Are the LG officially 0-1 on the season heading into their next game? Yep, practice, even with refs, timekeepers, and score. Those items are part of practice all the time.

It was a scrimmage against another team. It was not a practice. It was not a game. The LG apparently got beat. Why can't you accept that?

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

It was a scrimmage against another team. It was not a practice. It was not a game. The LG apparently got beat. Why can't you accept that?

A non-counting scrimmage against another team is still practice. Not sure why that is difficult to understand.

HelenaHandBasket said:
mthoopsfan said:

A non-counting scrimmage against another team is still practice. Not sure why that is difficult to understand.

When is a scrimmage anything other than non-counting? It was a scrimmage, not practice. Don't know why that is difficult to understand for you.

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

When is a scrimmage anything other than non-counting? It was a scrimmage, not practice. Don't know why that is difficult to understand for you.

PR, how about I end your guys back and forth.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scrimmage

Definition of scrimmage (Entry 1 of 2)
1a: a minor battle : SKIRMISH
b: a confused fight : SCUFFLE
2a: the interplay between two football teams that begins with the snap of the ball and continues until the ball is dead
b: practice play (as in football or basketball) between two squads

grizindabox said:
mthoopsfan said:

2a: the interplay between two football teams that begins with the snap of the ball and continues until the ball is dead

LOL

mthoopsfan said:
I heard both of the Momberg sisters both had good or fine games. A post from May 2021: "I look forward to Carroll or Western beating the LG in the next few years,"

Summer camps and preseason scrimmages! Wish her and Western well during the regular season. Have you been getting to practices? Personally I'm kind of excited about the"fancy" new recruits and coach. Why do you think they're "fancy " anyway?

grizindabox said:
mthoopsfan said:

“ (US) In some team sports, especially soccer, a practice game which does not count on a team's record.”

Wiktionary. https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/scrimmage#Noun

mthoopsfan said:
grizindabox said:

“ (US) In some team sports, especially soccer, a practice game which does not count on a team's record.”

Wiktionary. https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/scrimmage#Noun

Thanks for reinforcing my post about a scrimmage being practice.

Back