• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Macey Huard commits

This is a much bigger “get” than most realize. She is the #1 ranked recruit in Colorado and has 10+ offers to other schools. Awesome pick up for this staff!

This is Huge!! These girls are ballers and may help get a pipeline to their aau team and other Colorado recruits.

Mousegriz said:
Another nice prospect that should help the Lady Griz eventually recover from the massacre!

Yes, it was critical to get rid of 6 schollie players in the spring of '21, in order to sign a good recruit for the 2023-24 season. It's important to make a lot of room early, i.e. a couple years early. That's called planning ahead. And who cares if you release a frosh player who has a much better season than any of the frosh you kept, and any of the new transfers/recruits brought into the program. The coach should give himself a pat on the back.

mthoopsfan said:
Mousegriz said:
Another nice prospect that should help the Lady Griz eventually recover from the massacre!

Yes, it was critical to get rid of 6 schollie players in the spring of '21, in order to sign a good recruit for the 2023-24 season. It's important to make a lot of room early, i.e. a couple years early. That's called planning ahead. And who cares if you release a frosh player who has a much better season than any of the frosh you kept, and any of the new transfers/recruits brought into the program. The coach should give himself a pat on the back.

I would argue that purging the program wasn't all about the short term. But you have your opinion and should give yourself a pat on the back.

HelenaHandBasket said:
mthoopsfan said:

I would argue that purging the program wasn't all about the short term. But you have your opinion and should give yourself a pat on the back.

Murphy had 150% of the rebounds that the two frosh the new coach kept and the 2 new frosh brought in by the new coach, combined. Nice trade for the new coach. Who needs rebounds anyway?

Holsinger could sign the top 5 rated recruits in the country and mthoopsfan would still not be happy. Murphy played on a bad UTC team that went 7-23 and UTC played in the Southern Conference which overalll was not very good. Momberg played for a pretty bad UM Western Team.. the 22 and 23 recruits look pretty good to me but I am sure they will not even be close to the talent that Holsinger cut loose.

Griz66 said:
Holsinger could sign the top 5 rated recruits in the country and mthoopsfan would still not be happy. Murphy played on a bad UTC team that went 7-23 and UTC played in the Southern Conference which overalll was not very good. Momberg played for a pretty bad UM Western Team.. the 22 and 23 recruits look pretty good to me but I am sure they will not even be close to the talent that Holsinger cut loose.

If the "Hoopsfan 6" hadn't been fired there wouldn't be room for at least a couple of these signees. They may not plan out but I'm more excited about the Huard sisters than the Schweyen sisters and several of the other signees over Murphy and Momberg. If those 4 (who were he other 2 that were fired anyway?) were still on the roster.....wouldn't the number and quality of this year's signees be lower.

Mousegriz said:
Griz66 said:

If the "Hoopsfan 6" hadn't been fired there wouldn't be room for at least a couple of these signees. They may not plan out but I'm more excited about the Huard sisters than the Schweyen sisters and several of the other signees over Murphy and Momberg. If those 4 (who were he other 2 that were fired anyway?) were still on the roster.....wouldn't the number and quality of this year's signees be lower.

The '22 recruiting Class looks very good. The '23 Class is off to a great start with Macey Huard. And adding Gina Marxen to this year's team is an exciting bonus. If Keeli Burton-Oliver can play to her potential and be healthy enough to play significant minutes, this year's team will be fun to watch.

The team this year was much better than the team last year and that is all I need to see to justify any changes that have been made. Most of the other girls who were released could not even land on another roster. Or they ended up in division two or NAIA where they belong. That change was drastically needed and I am very happy it happened.

HookedonGriz said:
The team this year was much better than the team last year and that is all I need to see to justify any changes that have been made. Most of the other girls who were released could not even land on another roster. Or they ended up in division two or NAIA where they belong. That change was drastically needed and I am very happy it happened.

Totally agree!

maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:

Totally agree!

And I will also point out that we can be mad or upset about who Holsinger let go…but let’s also be fair and loo at what he has brought in. Sammy Fatkin wouldn’t be a Griz without Holsinger, nor would Keeli Burton Oliver. I don’t think we would have the recent Huard commit without him and his staff either. The incoming freshmen he has coming in are definitely D1 talent with multiple D1 offers…not NAIA talent. Then on top of that he and staff land all conference player Gina Marxen. This dude can obviously recruit.

HookedonGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
Totally agree!

And I will also point out that we can be mad or upset about who Holsinger let go…but let’s also be fair and loo at what he has brought in. Sammy Fatkin wouldn’t be a Griz without Holsinger, nor would Keeli Burton Oliver. I don’t think we would have the recent Huard commit without him and his staff either. The incoming freshmen he has coming in are definitely D1 talent with multiple D1 offers…not NAIA talent. Then on top of that he and staff land all conference player Gina Marxen. This dude can obviously recruit.

No matter the comments from our dyspeptic old rodeo clown, I agree completely. After years of not giving a damn about the Lady Griz, I'm back, excited, eager to see how this all plays out. We're witnessing the beginning of another famous "Montana Coaching Tree," this time on the distaff side.

Back