• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cam Krystoviak Named Dartmouth Captain

mthoopsfan

Cam, Larry's oldest son, finally got on the court this season, after missing one season due to injury, and the Ivies not playing at all a year ago due to covid. He had a good season, before getting hurt late in the season. Started one game. Had 20 against Cal in 25 minutes off the bench. Had 9 points against BC and 5 against Georgetown in 21 minutes (and Dartmouth won that game).

He's a 3-pt shooter, but also plays inside. Had more offensive rebounds than defensive rebounds. More assists than TO. Ended up playing 15 minutes a game, as his minutes went up and down and he had some nagging injuries.

Shot 56% from the field, and 47% from 3. He's 6'9", 220. Slim. He's a great kid. I see him every time I go to Dartmouth

https://dartmouthsports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/cam-krystkowiak/34371

"Krystkowiak, the son of former NBA player Larry Krystkowiak, is working on making a name for himself as the third captain for the Big Green next season. The 6-9, 220-pound power forward from San Diego, California, finally got a chance to play this past winter after missing his entire freshman season due to an injury. With the skills to play in the post and on the perimeter, he showed what he could do right out of the gate with nine points in the season opener at Boston College and five more with four rebounds in the win at Georgetown, including his first 3-pointer. But it was his 20-point performance in a six-point loss at California that put all of his talent on display.

"I am extremely proud to have been selected as one of the captains of our team," Krystkowiak commented. "This is a position that I will not take lightly, and I hope that I can help the rest of my teammates improve in order to reach our shared goals."

https://dartmouthsports.com/news/2022/5/27/mbb-captains-revealed-for-2022-23-campaign-220527.aspx

LG Willa Albrecht's mom played at Dartmouth and was the Ivy League Player of the Year in 1986-87 and 1987-88.

Cam's Mom was an athlete as well, though I don't remember if it was basketball or football. But great genes, for sure.

So the legacy scoreboard of two of the best players ever to don a Montana uniform--Krysko and Tinkle--shows a big fat zero. We've literally seen all these kids grow up--remember those pictures on the coach's bio's?--up only to have them walk away. But I can't say that I can blame them. I wouldn't turn down Stanford or Dartmouth either, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to follow in my Dad's huge footsteps.

Still, over on the football side, we have Robbie Hauck and now a scholarship offer out to Brian Ah Yat's son. Seems we've had a lot more success over there.

citay said:
Cam's Mom was an athlete as well, though I don't remember if it was basketball or football. But great genes, for sure.

So the legacy scoreboard of two of the best players ever to don a Montana uniform--Krysko and Tinkle--shows a big fat zero. We've literally seen all these kids grow up--remember those pictures on the coach's bio's?--up only to have them walk away. But I can't say that I can blame them. I wouldn't turn down Stanford or Dartmouth either, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to follow in my Dad's huge footsteps.

Still, over on the football side, we have Robbie Hauck and now a scholarship offer out to Brian Ah Yat's son. Seems we've had a lot more success over there.

Pretty sure she didn't played football!!

Football teams have 5 or 6 times the number of players as basketball. Over 20 years....several hundred more have played football. Maybe has a little to do with "a lot more success over there".

Mousegriz said:
citay said:

Football teams have 5 or 6 times the number of players as basketball. Over 20 years....several hundred more have played football. Maybe has a little to do with "a lot more success over there".
My guess is that if Tinkle was still coaching the Griz Tres would have come to UM. But he went with his dad. I know Krysko's son Luc was a walk on at Utah and left after he was let go.

UncleRico said:
Mousegriz said:
[/u][/b]

My guess is that if Tinkle was still coaching the Griz Tres would have come to UM. But he went with his dad. I know Krysko's son Luc was a walk on at Utah and left after he was let go.

https://www.ivclasers.com/sports/mbkb/2021-22/bios/krystokowiak_luc_i80l

Utah last season: 11-20. 4-16. Home: 7-9.

The prior season with LK: 12-13. 8-11. Home: 8-5.

The youngest son was at IMG academy last season. Going to Robert Morris. https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2022/03/30/robert-morris-basketball-gets-commitment-from-2022-wing-ben-kryskowiak/

Back