• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Another Transfer Jonathan Brown

This feels like one of those diamond in the rough finds. Yes he is an NAIA guy, but he scored 24 points in a game against BYU this year, and I don’t care what level it is but if you can average 18 ppg you can really play.

I like this pickup. Often times, these guys coming in from the lower levels or Juco level have something to prove. I think it’s a good pickup and that solidifies the roster/recruiting for the 2022-23 season. Now it’s time to go to work in the gym.

His balance, quick first-step on his drives... and his very quick shooting motion (with a high arc). Kinda reminds me of Anthony AJ Johnson. That would be cool. ;)

grizzlyjournal said:
His balance, quick first-step on his drives... and his very quick shooting motion (with a high arc). Kinda reminds me of Anthony AJ Johnson. That would be cool. ;)

That would be beyond awesome.

mtgrizrule said:
grizzlyjournal said:

That would be beyond awesome.
A quick shooting motion, wow, that’s what this team needs since they have to shoot when then clock is running out

The one thing about this group of transfers is that they are an experienced veteran group. They have played a lot of games and all played on winning teams. That maturity could be a huge bonus.

A little more background on Jonathan: https://eurospects.com/british-guard-next-generation-jonathan-brown/

GrizWhiz said:
A little more background on Jonathan: https://eurospects.com/british-guard-next-generation-jonathan-brown/

This is cool. Sounds like a smart kid. Shit half the Griz team will be working on their Masters programs.

I will say this, as far back as I can find this kid is a scorer. All the way back to high school he has avg. in the high teens. I hope Travis can unleash him in the big sky.

He appears to be the 1v1 end of the shot clock guy we need with Beasley leaving.

flatheadgriz406 said:
I will say this, as far back as I can find this kid is a scorer. All the way back to high school he has avg. in the high teens. I hope Travis can unleash him in the big sky.

He appears to be the 1v1 end of the shot clock guy we need with Beasley leaving.

Beasley was by far the worst Griz with a short shot clock. Ranked in the bottom 3% in the country. Whitney and Parker were much, much better than Beasley.

Beasley is very good at a lot of things, but this is not one them.

I agree. I wasn't saying he was good at it. Just seemed like they put it in his hands a lot in those situations. Especially at the beginning of the season.

Back