• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NAU

EverettGriz

DONOR
Saturday afternoon??

So, the GRIZ have to play Thursday night in PDX, and Saturday early afternoon in Flagstaff, because, you know, those two cities are right next to one another, and travel is so easy.....

This conference blows.

#fbsc

EverettGriz said:
Saturday afternoon??

So, the GRIZ have to play Thursday night in PDX, and Saturday early afternoon in Flagstaff, because, you know, those two cities are right next to one another, and travel is so easy.....

This conference blows.

#fbsc
Ouch! :eek:

Hadn't caught that about the afternoon game time in Flagstaff. That really does suck. :(

Oh well. GO GRIZ! :egriz:

Why do all these teams like playing their Saturday home games in the afternoon? Night games are so much better in Basketball.

The annual "It's so hard to get to NAU" whine! Maybe road teams like getting back home before Sunday night! NAU played last night too. Will Griz players get worn out catching an early flight to Phoenix and bus to Flagstaff? They may already be in Flagstaff getting ready for a shoot around. Do all other conferences in the country never play on Saturday afternoons? Couple years ago it was the NAU game followed by SUU. As I recall Griz smoked SUU after that ordeal!

The other thing that sucks is that both the Griz and GrizWBB are playing at exactly the SAME time. It's really an insult to Montana fans who like to follow BOTH teams.

grizzlyjournal said:
The other thing that sucks is that both the Griz and GrizWBB are playing at exactly the SAME time. It's really an insult to Montana fans who like to follow BOTH teams.

Go to the Lady Griz game and stream the men on your phone! It might make you tired and weary like that flight and bus ride.....but you're a Griz you can handle it!

Mousegriz said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Go to the Lady Griz game and stream the men on your phone! It might make you tired and weary like that flight and bus ride.....but you're a Griz you can handle it!

The point is, Mouse, it doesn't HAVE to be this way. Think the WCC ever makes the Zags play in Portland on Thursday night and at noon in Provo? The answer would be an emphatic ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?? because the WCC (and every conference in America save the bsc) understands how to protect its best programs and its meal ticket.

Is the trip doable? Of course. Does it need to be done? No. Should it be done? Fvck no.

EverettGriz said:
Mousegriz said:

The point is, Mouse, it doesn't HAVE to be this way. Think the WCC ever makes the Zags play in Portland on Thursday night and at noon in Provo? The answer would be an emphatic ARE YOU f###[#] KIDDING ME?? because the WCC (and every conference in America save the bsc) understands how to protect its best programs and its meal ticket.

Is the trip doable? Of course. Does it need to be done? No. Should it be done? Fvck no.

They played BYU at 8PM on a Thursday (1/13) in Spokane and Santa Clara on the road at 1PM on a Saturday (1/15) just last week.

ARE YOU f###(#) kidding me!

Mousegriz said:
EverettGriz said:
The point is, Mouse, it doesn't HAVE to be this way. Think the WCC ever makes the Zags play in Portland on Thursday night and at noon in Provo? The answer would be an emphatic ARE YOU f###[#] KIDDING ME?? because the WCC (and every conference in America save the bsc) understands how to protect its best programs and its meal ticket.

They played BYU at 8PM on a Thursday (1/13) in Spokane and Santa Clara on the road at 1PM on a Saturday (1/15) just last week.

Soooo, they made one lengthy trip and not two, then? Please explain how this is even remotely the same.

Mousegriz said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Hey Mouse... That's exactly what I do. I'm always at the home game (Griz or GrizWBB) and do my best to follow the road team. I confess to being a poor multi-tasker when it comes to being a fan because, even tho I'm showing my age, I still like to get a bit radical as a fan. :lol:

I was sort of hinting at this... but I'll just state it bluntly: MOST Big Sky schools, and their fans, do NOT care about or support their women's teams. So... so what if the women are playing at the same time as the men, right? But Montana and MSU have solid season-ticket holding fan bases. Some choose between teams, but I'm pretty certain most Montana fans would love to head home after the game and watch the stream of the second game LIVE. I still like to watch a game not knowing what the final score is before I tune in.

This is one of those crucial areas where I believe that Everett's criticism hits the target solidly: Does the Big Sky Conference really NOT CARE about it's women's programs because they have microscopically small fan bases? That's the impression I get. If women's games were always placed in a separate, attractive time slot, I'm thinking there'd be a chance some of the other school fan bases would start following their women's programs more actively.

Christ what a bunch of whiners! They are traveling by plane, not horse and buggy! So lady Griz need to change tip off times at home to work around men’s games? Hell no, they tip off when the AD and coach decide to

Cripes, there's a whole lot of crankiness here.

Having an early Saturday game time allows earlier next day or same night travel for the Griz team and staff to fly back to Missoula. Remember, it is a 2+ hour drive from Flagstaff back to Phoenix Sky Harbor. Would you prefer they play an 8 or 9 pm start in Flagstaff, finish the game at 11 pm and arrive in Phoenix after 2 am?

The Griz are tied for 3rd place and have won twice as many games as they have lost. Can't ya'll be happy for once?

grizzlyjournal said:
I strongly believe in the concept and the employment of equity in all facets of education.

Bravo! I hope you practice what you preach, you sound like you rehearse that in your sleep. I think most everyone believes that but you keep convincing yourself they don’t, you “social justice warrior!” :clap:

grizzlyjournal said:
I strongly believe in the concept and the employment of equity in all facets of education.

Then you should feel good the men Griz and Lady Jacks will be able to make their Monday morning classes after a normal night's rest in their own beds after being on the road for 4 days!

EverettGriz said:
Mousegriz said:

Soooo, they made one lengthy trip and not two, then? Please explain how this is even remotely the same.
I didn't account for a 90 minute flight to Portland as a "lengthy" trip. My bad. And then another arduous lengthy 2 hour direct flight from Portland to Phoenix too! Both flights combined similar in time to three morning clssses at school. Super "lengthy"!🤔

Mousegriz said:
EverettGriz said:
I didn't account for a 90 minute flight to Portland as a "lengthy" trip. My bad. And then another arduous lengthy 2 hour direct flight from Portland to Phoenix too! Both flights combined similar in time to three morning clssses at school. Super "lengthy"!🤔

Road trips are hardest on the coaches that are older i can tell you that from experience :cry: , you guys need to give 18-22 year olds a little more credit. When Everette, Til i die and Journal get together for bridge this week they should put together a protest for the mistreatment of NBA players, now those are brutal schedules :lol:

IdaGriz01 said:

Hadn't caught that about the afternoon game time in Flagstaff. That really does suck. :(

My bad. :?

Had I known what a bitchy whine-fest this thread was going to turn into, I would not have posted.

I was simply commenting that it was unfortunate that the Griz schedule turnaround was so tight. As a matter of fact, it’s not all that unusual and pretty much necessary, given the geographical realities of the Big Sky. But even though it’s necessary and not uncommon, it still sucks.

However: You think Big Sky teams have it bad? Consider the WAC, which has teams stretched halfway across the country (Riverside, CA to Texas to Chicago). How about this:
Seattle U. at home (Jan 15)
Riverside, CA (Jan 17)
Stephenville, TX – 90 min from Fort Worth (Jan 20)
Abilene, TX – 2 hours from Stephenville (Jan 22)
Home in Seattle (Jan 26)

IdaGriz01 said:
IdaGriz01 said:

My bad. :?

Had I known what a bitchy whine-fest this thread was going to turn into, I would not have posted.

I was simply commenting that it was unfortunate that the Griz schedule turnaround was so tight. As a matter of fact, it’s not all that unusual and pretty much necessary, given the geographical realities of the Big Sky. But even though it’s necessary and not uncommon, it still sucks.

However: You think Big Sky teams have it bad? Consider the WAC, which has teams stretched halfway across the country (Riverside, CA to Texas to Chicago). How about this:
Seattle U. at home (Jan 15)
Riverside, CA (Jan 17)
Stephenville, TX – 90 min from Fort Worth (Jan 20)
Abilene, TX – 2 hours from Stephenville (Jan 22)
Home in Seattle (Jan 26)

Yeah unfortunately it’s difficult having an informed conversation with so many who fail to understand the basic concept.

And yes, the WAC is a cluster, although the tight scheduling in your example is a function of games postponed due to COVID.

Beat nau.

Back