• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Maroon Silver Scrimmages

15 minute halves. Defense is crisp, great rotations, communications, etc. Martin, Solomon, and Bragg look solid for the newbies. Martin will be a difference maker. Vazquez is more aggressive. Beasley and Whitney look good. Owens pretty silent. Bannan is doing a little of everything. 3 level scoring, he's very vocal and taking charge as well. It looks like a big year ahead for him. Will update later. #defense

2nd half, Vazquez and Martin hit 3 or 4 3's each. It looks like they have more of a green light. That's encouraging, in my opinion. Brown, Briggs, Beasley, and Bannan all added 3s as well. Owens struggled on offense. However, he defends all 5 positions and always in position. Anderson converted 4 or 5 fgs, committed some fouls, defended and rebounded well. He missed a bunny though. Parker is the only true pg. He penetrated, passed, and defended well. The other guards are all interchangeable as combo guards.

Martin and Briggs are both strong and athletic swing players. They'll both help with perimeter defense. Martin will be a great player on offense too. Briggs will time to adjust. I'm impressed with each. Solomon looks the part.

Finally DCH will be ready for the 1st game.

Loved seeing them play tonight.

mtgrizrule said:
2nd half, Vazquez and Martin hit 3 or 4 3's each. It looks like they have more of a green light. That's encouraging, in my opinion. Brown, Briggs, Beasley, and Bannan all added 3s as well. Owens struggled on offense. However, he defends all 5 positions and always in position. Anderson converted 4 or 5 fgs, committed some fouls, defended and rebounded well. He missed a bunny though. Parker is the only true pg. He penetrated, passed, and defended well. The other guards are all interchangeable as combo guards.

Martin and Briggs are both strong and athletic swing players. They'll both help with perimeter defense. Martin will be a great player on offense too. Briggs will time to adjust. I'm impressed with each. Solomon looks the part.

I'm assuming Briggs is Braggs, right? Maybe it auto-corrected you? Otherwise, thanks.

PeauxRouge said:
mtgrizrule said:

I'm assuming Briggs is Braggs, right? Maybe it auto-corrected you? Otherwise, thanks.

Thanks, that's correct.

It was fun to watch! Hopefully Blakney and DJ back soon. I thought all of the returning players looked just physically stronger. Bannan had some real impressive post moves. He will be tough to defend. Parker, Owens, Beasley, Whitney, Mack all looked good and will be ready to roll. Solomon looks like he has athletic ability and could grow into a solid player. Probably a redshirt. Wetzel looks like he can shoot the ball. Probably also a redshirt. Braggs looked better as game went on. Very strong athletic looking kid. I could see him challenging for playing time. But in my opinion the two that had the best scrimmage were Vasquez and Martin. Vasquez shot the lights out..played great defense and looked another level of mature and confident from last year. Martin also shot well, defended the ball well, passed the ball well and rebounded. He seems to just have a great deal of confidence and a bit swagger the Griz haven't had since Sayeed. I think he will be special.

What I got from the stat sheet. Some players played on both teams so I had to total those player

Bannan 13
Parker 11
Anderson 10
Martin. 9

Rebounding
Anderson 10
Bannan. 8
Owens. 7
Parker. 5

Assists
Beasley. 4
Parker. 4
Whitney 4

Thanks to all the posters that sent updates and analysis. Nothing beats actually watching and analyzing in person, but from a straight box score analysis it would appear that Vasquez, Bannan, Anderson and Parker had the best games.

GrizBall said:
Thanks to all the posters that sent updates and analysis. Nothing beats actually watching and analyzing in person, but from a straight box score analysis it would appear that Vasquez, Bannan, Anderson and Parker had the best games.

+1 Thanks guys!

Ursa Major said:
GrizBall said:

+1 Thanks guys!

Likewise, good to hear about it from knowledgeable posters. I'm kicking myself for missing it. Looks to me that a lot of different guys will contribute. Qwens will be fine, he knows how to play. I want to see Vasquez take the 3ball when he's open, no hesitation. Sounds like a lot to be positive about, especially if Coach lets them loosen up and play.

Hoops watcher said:
Ursa Major said:
+1 Thanks guys!

Likewise, good to hear about it from knowledgeable posters. I'm kicking myself for missing it. Looks to me that a lot of different guys will contribute. Qwens will be fine, he knows how to play. I want to see Vasquez take the 3ball when he's open, no hesitation. Sounds like a lot to be positive about, especially if Coach lets them loosen up and play.

Vazquez was looking to shoot, even with a little space. He's looking very confident.

Back