• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dame!

citygriz

Hey, a shout out to Damian Lillard for being named to the 75th Anniversary NBA team. To be ranked among the top 75 players in NBA history is quite an honor--even if he beat out my guy, Klay Thompson.

While I'm at it, a shout out too to the Purple Palace. One of the best sports venues in a conference known for shabby, second-rate facilities.

Question: Have any other members of the 75th Anniversary team ever played at the Adams Center? I'm hard pressed to think of any. (John Stockton? Steve Nash?) I do know Elgin Baylor played a game in Bozeman against the Cats.

https://pr.nba.com/nba-75th-anniversary-team-announced/

citay said:
Hey, a shout out to Damian Lillard for being named to the 75th Anniversary NBA team. To be ranked among the top 75 players in NBA history is quite an honor--even if he beat out my guy, Klay Thompson.

While I'm at it, a shout out too to the Purple Palace. One of the best sports venues in a conference known for shabby, second-rate facilities.

Question: Have any other members of the 75th Anniversary team ever played at the Adams Center? I'm hard pressed to think of any. (John Stockton? Steve Nash?) I do know Elgin Baylor played a game in Bozeman against the Cats.

Used to have the program of celtics / lakers here in the house

I know John Stockton played here during the holiday tournament when Marc Glass played. If I remember correctly Gonzaga won the tournament but Marc was voted MVP. That created a problem with Gonzaga.

Another interesting thing about the two of them is that they both went to the Jazz and were competing the same position. Marc was having a great camp then blew his knee. John made the cut and we all know of the great career he had. Both were great players.

Granted these players aren't top 75, but a solid list of eventual of NBA players. Wiley played for and against the GRIZ. I believe, the Stanford team we upset at home, had a few guys play in the NBA. Bolomboy played in 18 NBA games. Rodney Stuckney had a solid NBA career. Paul George played against the GRIZ at Dahlberg. Delladova (sp?). Plus, Gonzaga had a few, when they played at Montana. That was at the beginning of their run toward their current dominance.

That off the top my head. Many more NBA players, than I originally thought, that have played in Dahlberg.

citay said:

Stockton definately played in Missoula in college. and as mentioned the Lakers and Celtics played here in 1965 which included Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, John Havlicek and Bill Russell

Zirg said:
citay said:

Stockton definately played in Missoula in college. and as mentioned the Lakers and Celtics played here in 1965 which included Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, John Havlicek and Bill Russell

and Sam Jones

mtgrizrule said:
Granted these players aren't top 75, but a solid list of eventual of NBA players. Wiley played for and against the GRIZ. I believe, the Stanford team we upset at home, had a few guys play in the NBA. Bolomboy played in 18 NBA games. Rodney Stuckney had a solid NBA career. Paul George played against the GRIZ at Dahlberg. Delladova (sp?). Plus, Gonzaga had a few, when they played at Montana. That was at the beginning of their run toward their current dominance.

That off the top my head. Many more NBA players, than I originally thought, that have played in Dahlberg.

3 future Nba-ers played for Stanford in Missoula in 1 game- Todd Lichti, Adam Keefe and Howard Wright. Also 3 nba-ers Adonal Foyle for Colgate and Erick Dampier&Dontae Jones for Miss State were here in the same tourney one year. I remember those games well. Lichti was the most impressive shooter in warm-ups that I've ever seen. He made 3 point shot after 3 point shot pure,bottom of the net while being heckled by the student section. He must have made 12 in a row. I swear.

Another great player who played here was from Northeastern University. His coach was Jim Calhoun and his name was Reggie Lewis. He played for the Boston Celtics, was an all-star in the NBA and died on the court in an offseason basketball practice.

Any top 75 list should include MRR
Bird, magic and Isaia Thomas all have said in interviews he was one of the greatest.

Back