• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

So Who Are These Guys?

citygriz

John Solomon, Lonnell Martin, Cooper Kriegmont, Johnny Braggs, Trey Lawrence, Jack Wetzel?

With basketball season bearing down on us, you might want to know something about these six who've been added to the roster since last season. I did.

But don't go to the roster on GoGriz. Pictures, yes, but nary a peep about their previous schools, how they did there, how they got here, or anything about their families or relatives or what coach has to say about them.

Unlike the Lady Griz roster.

If God is in the details, God is with the Lady Griz, not with the men.

Sounds like a lot of homework :^) but probably worth it. Maybe we need another web site just to get caught up - more homework :^)

GrizBaba said:
Sounds like a lot of homework :^) but probably worth it. Maybe we need another web site just to get caught up - more homework :^)

It's a real bitch now that the Flu Manchu forced coach D to axe the 10 person PR machine they used to have. You can tune in to eGriz, our diligent Twitter army usually find and link to a vast array of intel about the boys in Maroon. You do have to realize it's not up to the Bay Area standards though. :lol:

citay said:
John Solomon, Lonnell Martin, Cooper Kriegmont, Johnny Braggs, Trey Lawrence, Jack Wetzel?

With basketball season bearing down on us, you might want to know something about these six who've been added to the roster since last season. I did.

But don't go to the roster on GoGriz. Pictures, yes, but nary a peep about their previous schools, how they did there, how they got here, or anything about their families or relatives or what coach has to say about them.

Unlike the Lady Griz roster.

If God is in the details, God is with the Lady Griz, not with the men.
I'm gonna go down the list. John Solomon is the kid from Florida who had an offer from Florida State, we think he's on scholarship but nobody's been able to confirm that. Lonnell Martin is the JUCO transfer from Otero JC in Colorado, he's a good 3 point shooter and scores a lot of points. Cooper Kriegmont is a walk-on from Alaska, don't know much about him. Johnny Braggs is a freshmen from Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas, he was kind of our crown jewel recruit of last year, big time player. I know nothing about Trey Lawrence, didn't even know he was on the team, but a quick google search shows he went to Bellevue JC and averaged 6 points a game. Jack Wetzel I believe is also a walk-on from Iowa.

some info from 406montanasports.com on some of the players but not all.

John Solomon:
https://406mtsports.com/college/basketball/john-solomon-joins-montana-mens-hoops-as-walk-on/article_9c807142-1c3a-5055-9535-33345a288ba7.html

Lonnell Martin and Jonathan Braggs:
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-mens-basketball-turns-focus-to-2021-22-with-three-additions-to-roster/article_eb1d9860-6f4e-535a-ba18-2904442df758.html

It's a pretty small athletic staff at UM......... https://gogriz.com/staff-directory

How in the world could we expect something about these new players to be available when the Maroon Silver scrimmage isn't for a couple weeks?

Back